Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Hood"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- According to our sastra the planets are held on the hood of Ananta
- All the regulative principles in the Vedas pertaining to desires for popularity, fatherhood, wealth and so on are different phases of sense gratification
- Although constantly chanting about His transcendental qualities, the thousand-hooded Lord Sesa has not yet reached the end of the Lord's activities
- Ananta, He has ananta hoods and ananta mouth and... Ananta means unlimited
- Anantadeva, who was calmly holding all the planets on His hood, was moving in this way and that due to the transcendental vibration from Krsna's flute, which penetrated through the covering of this universe and reached to the spiritual sky
- Another name of Thakura Saranga dasa was Sarnga Thakura. Sometimes he was also called Sarngapani or Sarngadhara. He was a resident of Navadvipa in the neighborhood known as Modadruma-dvipa
- I am seventy-seven years old. So when this body will be finished, I'll get another body. As I have got consecutively from boyhood to childhood, childhood, I have, from childhood to boyhood, boyhood to youthhood, aged body, so why not next body?
- I have briefly described the meeting between Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Ramananda Raya. No one can actually describe this meeting exhaustively. It is even impossible for Lord Sesa Naga, who has thousands of hoods
- If Ananta, with His one thousand hoods, tried to describe even one day's pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He would find them impossible to describe fully
- It is stated here that the snakes who live in the planetary system known as Mahatala are very powerful and have many hoods
- Kaliya then became very angry, and his great hoods expanded. He exhaled poisonous fumes from his nostrils, his eyes blazed like fire, and flames issued from his mouth. The great serpent remained still for some time, looking at Krsna
- Kaliya tried to fight Garuda and faced him with his many hoods and poisonous sharp teeth
- Krsna immediately pressed down the serpent’s (Kaliya's) hoods and jumped up on them. The Lord’s lotus feet became tinged with red from the rays of the jewels on the snake’s hoods
- Licking his lips with bifurcated tongues, the serpent (Kaliya) looked at Krsna with double hoods, and his eyesight was full of poison. Krsna immediately pounced upon him, just as Garuda swoops upon a snake
- Lord Anantadeva has thousands of hoods. Each sustains a global sphere that appears like a grain of mustard
- Lord Anantadeva, or Sesa Naga, was in the form of a great serpent with thousands of hoods, each one decorated with valuable, effulgent jewels, beautifully dazzling
- Lord Sankarsana, with His thousands of raised hoods, began to radiate an effulgence from the glowing stones on His head
- Lord Sesa in the spiritual world of Vaikuntha and, in the material world, Lord Ananta, who carries innumerable planets on His hoods, are two primary empowered incarnations. There is no need to count the others, for they are unlimited
- Maharaja Priyavrata divided the surface of the globe into different islands so that each class of men would live peacefully and not clash with the others. The modern idea of nationhood has gradually developed from the divisions made by Maharaja Priyavrata
- Mahatala is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- Means of livelihood. It is recommended for everyone: trees, vegetables - that is his real means of livelihood, not this industry. Trees, vegetables, they are the real means of life, equally, in all seasons
- Of the many-hooded Nagas I am Ananta, and among the aquatics I am the demigod Varuna. Of departed ancestors I am Aryama, and among the dispensers of law I am Yama, the lord of death
- One who is puffed up by material acquisitions cannot acquire the gentle behavior befitting a brahmana. The learning of such a person is as good as a valuable jewel decorating the hood of a serpent
- Out of great anger, he (Kaliya) began to struggle for existence and tried to raise one of his hoods to kill the Lord. Lord (Krsna) immediately captured that hood and subdued it by kicking it and dancing on it
- Since the clouds in the sky were mildly thundering and showering, Ananta-naga, an expansion of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, followed Vasudeva, beginning from the door, with hoods expanded to protect Vasudeva and the transcendental child
- Snake is a snake. Do you think a snake decorated with a jewel on the hood is gentleman?
- Sometimes He (Sri Krsna) is called Narayana; sometimes Upendra (Vamana), the younger brother of Indra, King of heaven; and sometimes Ksirodakasayi Visnu. Sometimes He is called the thousand-hooded Sesa Naga, and sometimes the Lord of Vaikuntha
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was mistaken for an ordinary sannyasi, the fisherman was mistaken for Krsna, and the torchlight was mistaken for bright jewels on Kaliya's hoods
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's visit to Vrndavana and His activities there are unlimited. Even Lord Sesa, who has thousands of hoods, cannot reach the end of His activities
- The demigods were further informed that Ananta, the plenary portion of Lord Krsna who is maintaining the universal planets by extending His millions of hoods, would also appear on earth before Lord Krsna's appearance
- The energy, which is fatigued after fifty years, is figuratively described herein as a serpent with five hoods
- The entire material world is situated on the hoods of Lord Sankarsana. From His forehead He transmits to Lord Siva the power to destroy this material world
- The Lord of Svetadvipa expands Himself as Sesa Naga, who sustains all the planets upon His innumerable hoods. These huge global spheres are compared to grains of mustard resting on the spiritual hoods of Sesa Naga
- The Nagapatnis said, "Your (Krsna's) dancing on his (Kaliya's) hoods has reduced all the sinful results of actions caused by his having this body of a serpent. It is therefore very auspicious that You have become angry and have punished him in this way"
- The Nagapatnis were astonished that, although Kaliya had the body of a serpent as the result of grievous sinful activities, at the same time he was in contact with the Lord to the extent that the Lord's lotus feet were touching his hoods
- The people replied, "Krsna has again manifested Himself on the waters of Kaliya Lake. He dances on the hoods of the serpent Kaliya, and the jewels on those hoods are blazing"
- The planetary system below Talatala is known as Mahatala. It is the abode of many-hooded snakes, descendants of Kadru, who are always very angry. The great snakes who are prominent are Kuhaka, Taksaka, Kaliya and Susena
- The second son of Advaita Acarya, Krsna Misra, had two sons, Raghunatha Cakravarti and Dola-govinda. The descendants of Raghunatha still live in Santipura, in the neighborhoods of Madana-gopala-pada, Ganakara, Mrjapura and Kumarakhali
- The snakes who live in the planetary system known as Mahatala are very powerful and have many hoods
- The universe, which measures five hundred million yojanas in diameter, rests on one of His hoods like a mustard seed
- Then He (Krsna) who is the original artist of all fine arts, such as dancing, began to dance upon the hoods of the serpent (Kaliya), although they were moving to and fro
- There is prana, apana, udana, vyana and samana, and because the life air functions in this fivefold way, it is compared to the five-hooded serpent
- These fools think that the boat is the Kaliya serpent and the torchlight the jewels on his hoods. People also mistake the fisherman for Krsna
- These wonderful features of Krsna's body never failed to astonish Mother Yasoda. At the end of His kaumara age, Krsna carried a small stick in His hand, His clothing was a little longer, and He had a knot around His waist, resembling the hood of a snake
- They (many of the demigods and all the Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas) were all bowing down before the Lord (Krsna). He also saw Lord Sesa Naga, with thousands of hoods
- This exhibition of extraordinary strength is not astonishing because Balarama is the Personality of Godhead known as Ananta Sesa Naga, who is holding all the planets on the hoods of His millions of heads
- What wise man would not welcome her (Devahuti), the very ornament of womanhood, the beloved daughter of Svayambhuva Manu and sister of Uttanapada?
- When Krsna was fighting with Kaliya, Mother Yasoda exclaimed, "Krsna is now entrapped within the hoods of the Kaliya snake, and yet I am not tattered to pieces! So I must admit how wonderful is the preserving power of this material body!"
- When one is sleeping, the life air remains active in different dreams. The five hoods of the snake indicate that the life air is surrounded by five kinds of air, known as prana, apana, vyana, udana and samana
- While Krsna was dancing on his hoods, Kaliya tried to push Him down with some of his other hoods. Kaliya had about a hundred hoods, but Krsna took control of them. He began to dash Kaliya with His lotus feet, and this was more than the serpent could bear
- While Vasudeva was carrying his son Krsna in the falling rain, Lord Sesa in the shape of a serpent spread His hood over the head of Vasudeva so that he would not be hampered by the rainfall