Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Pit (1 C, 5 P)
Pages in category "Hole"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- A person who does not lend his aural reception to hearing about the Supreme Personality of Godhead must be considered to have earholes like holes in a field
- After putting them (men & women) within the caves, he would close the entrances with large chunks of stone, like the bhrngi insect, which arrests and carries away many flies and other insects and puts them within the holes of the trees where it lives
- Although Lord Siva is the greatest of all great souls, mahatmas, he keeps on his head the purifying water of the Ganges, which emanates from a hole in this material universe made by the toe of Lord Visnu
- As soon as Kesi reached Him, Krsna pushed His left arm within the horse's mouth, and it looked as though a big snake had entered a hole in the field. The horse felt great pain because Krsna's arm felt to him like a hot iron rod
- As soon as there is a little deficiency we must repair it or it will create a big hole and the ship will drown
- At night the pleasing moonshine glittered through the network of holes in the windows. There were many heavily flowered trees of parijata, and the mild wind stirred the fragrance of the flowers all around
- At the time of offering bhoga, the coconuts are again clipped and cleansed. After holes are made in them at the top, they are offered to Lord Krsna
- At this position (blocking the nine holes by complete suspension of air, then concentrating the vital force in the middle position between the eyebrows), the yogi can think of the planet to which he wants to go after leaving the body
- Balarama said, "O you kings of the ants! Why are you hiding yourselves in these holes?" At the same time He also addressed the King of heaven: "O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing?"
- Beginning with the abdomen and proceeding through the heart, they (mystic yogis) reach the top of the head and pass through the brahma-randhra, the hole at the top of the skull
- Candravali said: "My dear friend the flute, you are actually full of many holes or faults. You are light, hard, juiceless and full of knots. But what kind of pious activities have engaged you in the service of being kissed by the Lord?"
- Cobras and snakes without hoods, large snakes, scorpions and many other poisonous animals took poison out of the planet earth as their milk and kept this poison in snake holes. They made a calf out of Taksaka
- He (Kamsa) saw the luminaries in the sky in double, although there was only one set factually. He began to see holes in his shadow, and he heard a high buzzing sound within his ears
- He (Kholaveca Sridhara) was so very poor that he lived in a cottage that had a broken roof with many holes in it. He could not afford brass utensils, and therefore he drank water from an iron pot
- He (the expert yogi) should plug up the evacuating hole with the heel of the foot and then progressively move the life air on and on to six places: the navel, abdomen, heart, chest, palate, eyebrows and cerebral pit
- His (Aghasura's) big eyes moved violently, and he quickly suffocated. His life air could not come out from any source, and ultimately it burst out of a hole in the upper part of his skull. Thus his life air passed off
- His garment glowed yellow-gold, and He was garlanded with a Vaijayanti necklace. Dressed in such an attractive way, Krsna filled up the holes of His flute with the nectar emanating from His lips
- His slight smiling and fragrant illumination are compared to camphor, which enters the sweetness of His lips. That sweetness is transformed and enters into space as vibrations from the holes of His flute
- I (Akrura) am bereft of Your transcendental association, being just like a foolish creature who leaves a water hole covered by water-nourished vegetation and goes in search of water in the desert
- If he (the bhakti-yogi) is completely free from all desires for material enjoyment, he should then reach the cerebral hole and give up his material connections, having gone to the Supreme
- If there were a hole in the Deity's nose, I could transfer the pearl to Him
- Kali could hardly find the places allotted him. The personality of Kali-yuga, therefore, was seeking the opportunity to establish authority, and by the grace of the Lord he found a hole in the puffed-up, inexperienced son of a brahmana
- Krsna continues, "That very hole is still there, and you can use it to set the pearl you desired to give Me"
- Krsna used a buffalo horn as a bugling instrument. This instrument was always highly polished and circled with gold bands, and on the middle there was a hole
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "The mercy of Lord Krsna is stronger than anything else. Therefore the Lord has delivered you from the ditch of materialistic life, which is like a hole into which people pass stool"
- Lord Vamana pierced the covering of the universe with the toes of His left foot. A few drops of water from the Causal Ocean leaked through this hole and fell on the head of Lord Siva, where they remained for one thousand millenniums
- O Narada, the evacuating outlet of the universal form of the Lord is the abode of the controlling deity of death, Mitra, and the evacuating hole and the rectum of the Lord is the place of envy, misfortune, death, hell, etc
- Of the senses that are working, the hands and legs are very important, but they have no eyes to see. This means that in the hands and legs there are no holes
- Persons who smell the aroma of Your lotus feet, carried by the air of Vedic sound through the holes of the ears, accept Your devotional service. For them You are never separated from the lotus of their hearts
- Prthu Maharaja gradually raised his air of life up to the hole in his skull, whereupon he lost all desire for material existence
- Radharani continued, "Topics about Krsna are like waves of nectar. If such nectar does not enter one's ear, the ear is no better than the hole of a damaged conchshell. Such an ear is created for no purpose"
- Rascal says that "You can accept any way." No! Only one way: Krsna consciousness. You cannot supply foodstuff to your body by so many holes. You have got nine holes in your body. One hole, this hole. You have to supply food to, not this hole, rectum
- Regarding the hole in the Deity, no do not repair it like you have stated. You can fill up the hole with wax, and go on worshiping
- Seeing the hole in the nose of the Deity, they set the pearl there and, being very pleased, held a great festival
- Somebody is living in a poor slum and another man is living in a very palatial building. So simply by endeavoring that "I shall live in a palatial building, and I shall not live in this poor slumhole," it is not possible because the destiny is there
- The atom is described as an invisible particle, but when six such atoms combine together, they are called a trasarenu, and this is visible in the sunshine pouring through the holes of a window screen
- The bore in the copper measuring pot must be made with a probe weighing not more than four masa and measuring not longer than four fingers. This regulates the diameter of the hole. The pot is submerged in water, and the overflooding time is called a danda
- The elder gopis said, "If They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot reach (the butter and yogurt), They make a hole in the pot. We think therefore that you’d better take all the jeweled ornaments from the bodies of your children"
- The eyes, nose, ears, etc., these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force. But the yogis can block these holes by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, between the eyebrows
- The first purusa incarnation of Govinda, Lord Krsna, known as the Maha-visnu, goes into a yoga-nidra mystic sleep, and the innumerable universes are situated in potency in each and every hair hole of His transcendental body
- The Ganges River comes from the Causal Ocean. After the water of the Causal Ocean leaks through the hole created by Lord Vamanadeva, it flows down to Dhruvaloka (the polestar) and then to the seven planets beneath Dhruvaloka
- The living entity wants to enjoy different types of material opulences, and to this end nature has given him various holes in his body that he can utilize for sense enjoyment
- The prana-vayu continues the life, and the apana-vayu stops the living force. Both the vibrations are generated from the abdominal hole, the navel. This navel is the joint from one body to the other
- The tree of the body has nine hollows - the eyes, the ears, the nostrils, the mouth, the rectum and the genitals - and ten leaves, the ten airs passing through the body
- The two legs do not speak, and they are blind. If a person simply trusts his legs to take him walking, he is likely to fall into a hole or bump into something. Thus led by the blind legs, one's life may be placed in jeopardy
- The vamsi flute is about fifteen inches long, with nine holes on its body. Krsna used to play on these three flutes occasionally when they were needed
- The Vedic mantras were generated from the bodily holes of the Lord, and the great saints and prajapatis were generated from His genitals
- The yogi has simply to desire to leave the material world in both finer and grosser forms and then move the vital force to the topmost part of the skull and leave the body from the hole in the skull called the brahma-randhra
- The yogi therefore blocks up all the above-mentioned seven openings, so that the life air will naturally burst forth through the cerebral hole. This is the sure sign of a great devotee's leaving the material connection
- The yogi, as above mentioned, who controls the life air in his own way, generally releases the life air by puncturing the cerebral hole in the head
- The yogis can block these holes (the eyes, nose, ears, etc.) by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, that is, between the eyebrows
- There is a bila, or hole, from which, having entered, one does not return. The Haryasvas understood the meaning of this allegory. Hardly once has a person who has entered the lower planetary system called Patala been seen to return
- These universes are understood to be floating in the air that Maha-Visnu exhales. They are like atomic particles that float in sunshine and pass through the holes of a screen
- This great ocean of material existence shortens like the pit-hole created by the foot of a calf and for him the supreme abode of the Lord is quite fit place for living, but not this miserable material world where there is nothing but danger in every step
- Thus Lord Krsna, still carrying the lump of yogurt-and-rice preparation in His left hand, immediately started to search out the calves in the caves and bushes. He searched in the mountain holes and in the forests, but nowhere could He find them
- Water from the Causal Ocean flowed through the hole that His foot made, and it is said that that water became the river Ganges
- We have got nine holes: this nostril, the ear, mouth, the eyes, the genital, the rectum, the navel. We have got nine holes. These nine holes develop. In this way, the body is formed. In seven months' time, the body gets consciousness back
- When the yogi reaches the ajna-cakra, between the two eyebrows, he is able to penetrate the brahma-randhra, or the hole in his skull, and go to any planet he desires, up to the spiritual kingdom of Vaikuntha, or Krsnaloka
- Wherever the Lord touched the ground with His lotus feet, people immediately came and gathered the dirt. Indeed, they gathered so much that many holes were created in the road