Pages in category "Hearing Caitanya"
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.
- According to this statement of the sastras, the glories of the holy name of Krsna are unlimited. Still I could not chant His holy name. Please hear the reason for this
- After hearing Lord Caitanya's statement, all the devotees, headed by Advaita Acarya, approached mother Saci
- After hearing Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the Mayavadi sannyasis were moved. Their minds changed, and thus they spoke with pleasing words
- After hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and being touched by Him, Amogha, who was on his deathbed, immediately stood up and began to chant the holy name of Krsna. Thus he became mad with ecstatic love and began to dance emotionally
- After hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the acarya of the Tattvavada sampradaya became very much ashamed. Upon observing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's rigid faith in Vaisnavism, he was struck with wonder
- After hearing the atmarama verse, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya addressed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "My dear Sir, please explain this verse. I have a great desire to hear Your explanation of it"
- After hearing the explanation of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the champion poet was struck with wonder. His cleverness stunned, he could not say anything
- After hearing these statements by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Kazi, his arguments stunned, could not put forward any more words. Thus, after due consideration, the Kazi accepted defeat and spoke as follows
- After some time, Svarupa Damodara could no longer hear Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanting. When he entered the room, he found the three doors locked, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was gone
- After the Kazi heard this, tears flowed down from his eyes. He immediately touched the lotus feet of the Lord and spoke the following sweet words
- All the Mayavadi sannyasis were very humble and submissive after hearing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the Vedanta-sutra, and they begged to be pardoned for the offenses they had committed by criticizing the Lord
- All the people were astonished to see the Lord's jubilation and humility and to hear Him talk in ecstasy. Indeed, all the residents of Benares (Kasi) saw the bodily transformations and were astonished
- All the people who came there during the day saw Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and the friendly behavior of Advaita Acarya. At night they had the opportunity to see the Lord's dancing and hear His chanting
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not manifest His natural ecstatic love, everyone became a pure devotee simply by seeing and hearing Him
- Although the meaning of the verse was known only to Svarupa Damodara, Rupa Gosvami, after hearing it from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, immediately composed another verse that described the meaning of the original verse
- As soon as the Lord became a teacher, many, many students came to Him, every one of them astonished to hear His mode of explanation
- As soon as they heard Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu say this, everyone became ashamed. Thus the devotees began to work with great attention
- From that moment when the Mayavadi sannyasis heard the explanation of the Vedanta-sutra from the Lord, their minds changed, and on the instruction of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, they too chanted "Krsna! Krsna!" always
- From Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha, there are eight additional pastime expansions. O Sanatana, please hear Me as I mention Their names
- Hearing the arguments of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and seeing His victory, Candrasekhara, Tapana Misra and Sanatana Gosvami were all extremely pleased
- Hearing the Lord reject him, Kala Krsnadasa began to cry. However, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, not caring for him, immediately left to take His noon lunch
- Hearing these words of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda remained silent. The next morning, Jagadananda went to see the Lord
- Hearing this benediction from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the girls were inwardly very happy, but externally, as is natural for girls, they rebuked the Lord under the pretense of anger
- Hearing this request, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear lord, please hear Me. It is better for you to stay here with all the Vaisnavas"
- Hearing this supposed curse by Lord Caitanya, the girls, considering that He might know something uncommon or be empowered by demigods, were afraid that His curse might be effective
- Hearing this, all the shopkeepers immediately came forward with big baskets of prasadam, which they jubilantly delivered to Lord Caitanya
- Hearing this, the Mayavadi sannyasis became somewhat humble and addressed Caitanya Mahaprabhu as Narayana Himself, who they all agreed He was
- I have already described the pastime and prakasa forms. Now please hear about the different personal expansions
- Immediately upon hearing this, Sivananda Sena became absorbed in ecstatic love and fell down on the ground, offering obeisances to the Lord. He then began to recite the following verse
- In an instant, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu regained external consciousness & saw two persons before Him. Questioning them, He asked, "Am I conscious? What dreams have I been seeing? What craziness have I spoken? Have you heard some expressions of humility"
- In this half-external consciousness, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu talked like a madman. The devotees could distinctly hear Him speaking to the sky
- It was only with great difficulty that the cowherd men were able to keep the cows back. Then when the Lord chanted, all the deer heard His sweet voice and approached Him
- Lamentation and humility awoke within Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and He began reciting another of His own verses. By hearing the meaning of that verse, one can forget all unhappiness and lamentation
- Lord Caitanya then praised Murari Gupta, saying, "You have satisfied Lord Krsna." Hearing this, Murari Gupta quoted a verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please speak on. I am very happy to hear you because a river of unprecedented nectar is flowing from your mouth"
- My dear Sanatana, I have now in detail described devotional service according to the regulative principles. Now hear from Me about spontaneous devotional service and its characteristics
- My dear Sanatana, please now hear about the regulative principles for the execution of devotional service. By this process, one can attain the highest perfection of love of Godhead, which is the most desirable treasure
- My dear sir, in this verse there are five faults and five literary ornaments. I shall state them one after another. Kindly hear Me and then give your judgment
- My Lord, the moving entities who have heard Your loud sankirtana have already been delivered from bondage to the material world, and after the nonmoving living entities like trees hear it, there is an echo
- O Sanatana, I have definitively described the three purusa-avataras of Visnu. Now please hear from Me about the pastime incarnations
- O Sanatana, now hear from Me about the yuga-avataras, the incarnations for the millenniums. First of all, there are four yugas - Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga and Kali-yuga
- O Sanatana, now just hear about the incarnations who appear during the reign of each Manu (manvantara-avataras). They are unlimited, and no one can count them. Just hear of their source
- On hearing the order of the Supreme Lord, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Laksmi immediately worshiped Him, offering sandalwood pulp and flowers for His body, garlanding Him with mallika flowers, and offering prayers
- Once when the Lord explained the glories of the holy name to the devotees, some ordinary students who heard Him fashioned their own interpretation
- Overwhelmed with ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu offered a benediction to all the devotees, which all the devotees heard with great satisfaction
- Raghupati Upadhyaya was very pleased to hear the Lord's blessings. The Lord then asked him to describe Krsna
- Ramananda Raya replied after hearing the last statement of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu: prema-bhakti - sarva-sadhya-sara. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu actually accepted this verse (jnane prayasam) as the basic principle of perfection
- Simply by hearing Your holy name, dog-eaters become holy saints. Your uncommon potencies cannot be described in words
- Smiling slightly, the Lord embraced him and spoke sweet words so that others would also hear
- Sometimes Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted very loudly while passing through the jungle. Hearing His sweet voice, all the does came near Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared five hundred years ago, but it cannot be said that now the potency of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra is less than it was in His presence. By hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu through the parampara system, one can be purified
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Sanatana, please hear from Me. Krsna is very merciful, and He is the deliverer of all fallen souls"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said to Haridasa Thakura, "My dear Haridasa, please hear Me. This gentleman wants to destroy another's property"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Nityananda Prabhu, "Please hear Me, O holy man: I now request something of You. Kindly grant My request"
- The Bhattacarya was overwhelmed by these explanations of Lord Caitanya. After hearing Mayavada philosophy explained by Lord Caitanya, he could not speak
- The companions of the Lord (Caitanya), who reached the temple a little after Him, heard of the Lord's transcendental feats and of His being carried away by the Bhattacarya. The pilgrims at the temple were still gossiping about the incident
- The Lord pacified Venkata Bhatta by saying, "Actually whatever I have said is by way of jest. Now you can hear from Me the conclusion of the sastras, in which every Vaisnava devotee has firm faith"
- The Lord said, "Please tell Me who I was in My previous birth, please tell Me by your astrological computations." Hearing the words of the Lord, the astrologer immediately began to calculate
- The poet said, "All right, let me see what good qualities and faults You have found." The Lord replied, "Let Me speak, and please hear Me without becoming angry
- The Vedas are called hearing, sruti. One has to hear Vedas from the right person. That is the recommendation of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Then one night Vasudeva heard of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's arrival, and in the morning he came to see the Lord at the house of Kurma
- They said, "Dear Caitanya Mahaprabhu" "to tell You the truth, we are greatly pleased to hear Your words, and furthermore Your bodily features are so pleasing that we feel extraordinary satisfaction in seeing You"
- Thinking thus, the pandita said, "My dear Nimai Pandita, please hear me. Hearing Your explanation, I am simply struck with wonder
- This is our only solicitation, that "You have learned all nonsense. Please forget. Try to hear Caitanya Mahaprabhu and be perfect."
- This is the middle meaning. Now please hear the confidential meaning. Lord Krsna has three places of residence, which are well known from the revealed scriptures
- Thus all living entities in the forest of Jharikhanda - some moving and some standing still - became maddened by hearing the holy name of Lord Krsna vibrated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Thus I have explained specifically empowered incarnations. Now please hear about the characteristics of Lord Krsna's childhood, boyhood and youth
- Thus I have given a description of the incarnations of the four different yugas. After hearing all this, Sanatana Gosvami gave an indirect hint to the Lord
- Thus I have narrated the incident of the hunter. By hearing this narration, one can understand the influence of association with devotees
- Upon hearing Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the atmarama verse, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was struck with wonder. He then understood Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be Krsna in person, and he thus condemned himself in the following words
- Upon hearing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, all the Bhattatharis came running from all sides with weapons in their hands, desiring to hurt the Lord
- Upon hearing that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had arrived, all the villagers went to see Him. Simply by seeing Him, they all became devotees of Krsna
- Upon hearing this statement, the devotees present at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stated that Gadadhara Pandita had properly presented their desire
- Upon hearing this, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami replied, "Dear Lord, You are completely independent. Since You are not dependent on anyone, You will do whatever You desire"
- Upon hearing this, the brahmana became afraid. He then said, "Why do You speak like this? You are a sannyasi"
- When all the devotees heard these sweet words of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, their hearts melted, and they began to shed incessant tears
- When he heard this judgment from Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the pandita sorrowfully wondered why mother Sarasvati wanted to defeat him through a small boy
- When he heard this sound and felt the touch of the Lord, Gopala immediately got up, and all the Vaisnavas chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra in jubilation
- When I submitted this proposal, the King immediately became very pleased upon hearing Your name. Indeed, he instantly rose from his throne and embraced me
- When Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya heard these words, they began to consider that it was not at all good that they had played so many tricks on the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted this verse, Haridasa Thakura, upon hearing the vibration, became jubilant and began to dance while praising its meaning
- When Srikanta Sena heard the Lord say "He is distressed," he could understand that the Lord is omniscient
- When the Lord loudly chanted "Haribol!" the trees and creepers became jubilant to hear Him
- When we chanted the holy name of Krsna, however, You came to semiconsciousness, and we have all been hearing You speak like a madman
- Whoever heard Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu chant "Hari! Hari!" also chanted the holy name of Lord Hari and Krsna. In this way they all followed the Lord, very eager to see Him
- Whoever hears this description of the process of practical devotional service very soon attains shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna in love and affection