Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
grievous | grievously
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Grievous"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Because of the grievous hurt imposed upon her by Krsna's sucking her breast, Putana, while dying, not only left the room but abandoned the village and fell down in the pasturing ground in her gigantic body
- Brahma has a fabulous duration of life, but he was obliged to give up his body due to his grievous sin, even though he had merely contemplated it in his mind without having actually done it
- In the case of Vena it appears that he was cursed by the nara-devatas; therefore, it was concluded that his sinful activities were very grievous
- In the chanting of the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, this gurv-aparadha is considered the most grievous offense. Guror avajna sruti-sastra-nindanam (Padma Purana)
- Men who have gone to Vrndavana but who still hanker for sex should immediately leave Vrndavana and stop their grievous offenses at the lotus feet of the Lord
- My (Manu) dear Dhruva, at the age of only five years you were very grievously afflicted by the words of your mother's co-wife, and you very boldly gave up the protection of your mother and went to the forest to engage in the yogic process
- The great mystic Maya Danava became aware that the calf and cow were drinking the nectar, and he could understand this to be the unseen power of providence. Thus he spoke to the demons, who were grievously lamenting
- The majority vote and my opinion should be taken. When the majority opinion is present, my opinion will be yes or no. In most cases it will be yes unless it is grievously against our principles
- The most grievous type of vaisnava-aparadha is called gurv-aparadha, which refers to offenses at the lotus feet of the spiritual master
- The Nagapatnis were astonished that, although Kaliya had the body of a serpent as the result of grievous sinful activities, at the same time he was in contact with the Lord to the extent that the Lord's lotus feet were touching his hoods
- The woman, Rati, replied, "Since you (Pradyumna) were stolen by Sambara, your mother, Rukmini-devi, has been in a very grievous condition, like a kurari bird who has lost her babies"
- They (the gopis) could not say anything to Krsna but simply stood there silently. By their silence they expressed that their hearts were grievously wounded
- When Dhruva Maharaja reached his mother, his lips were trembling in anger, and he was crying very grievously. Queen Suniti immediately lifted her son onto her lap
- When Srimati Radharani petitioned Krsna in this way, Krsna said, "Just get up on My shoulders." As soon as Srimati Radharani began to do so, He disappeared. Srimati Radharani then began to grieve over Her request and Krsna's disappearance
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted some other brahmanas, they told him that he had not committed a grievous fault and that consequently he should not drink hot ghee and give up his life. As a result, Subuddhi Raya was doubtful about what to do