Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"great men"|"great man"
Pages in category "Great Man"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- A man showing that he is a great devotee, he's great man of knowledge, but he has no reference with the books of knowledge, or the authoritative books, oh, that is simply creating disturbance. That is not religiosity, neither devotion
- A woman is supposed to be the energy of the man. Historically, in the background of every great man there is either a mother or a wife. One's household life is very successful if he has both a good wife and mother
- All great men or great personalities who have appeared on this earth and rendered great service to the humanity, they are still remembered
- Any great man of the material world is, after all, a conditioned soul. He is bound by his hands and feet by the ropes of material nature, and still the foolish conditioned soul thinks of himself as free to act by his whimsical sentiments
- As Lord Ramacandra is the ideal husband (eka-patni-vrata), mother Sita is the ideal wife. Such a combination makes family life very happy. Whatever example a great man sets, common people follow
- If one has become a great man in Krsna consciousness and it is known, then he is truly famous. One who does not have such fame is infamous
- If one is pure devotee, then Krsna, from within, He will give knowledge. The Krsna... Just like Krsna is giving knowledge to Arjuna. He's a grhastha. He's a soldier. He's not even a brahmana. But who can be greater man of knowledge than Arjuna?
- If you mold the character of a child from the very beginning, then he can become a great man
- If you study that history millions of years, what is that history and what you'll learn from that history? You learn history of the really great men, how they worked, how they ruled. That is a... You study history of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that after conducting research for many, many births, great men of knowledge who stress the importance of experimental thought can know the Personality of Godhead, who is the cause of all causes
- One should also not accumulate money to become puffed up in the material world. One should earn his livelihood easily and honestly, for it is better to become a coolie for an honest livelihood than to become a great man in society by hook and crook
- One should not be misled when people worship a great man as God after his death as a matter of hero worship
- The old system of gurukula should be revived as the perfect example of a system designed to produce great men, sober and responsible leaders, who know what is the real welfare of the citizens
- The propaganda that a very great man is worshiped as God after his death is misleading because a man after his death cannot be made into God. Nor can the Personality of Godhead be a human being, even when He is personally present
- There is no need. History, we simply read Mahabharata, history of the great men, Pandavas, how they were fighting for the good cause, how they were reigning. That history. Not this rascal history
- They are lamenting such, "A great man has passed away." But what is that such great man? He is lying on the floor, on the bed, the same man. So why you are seeing that he has gone? Then who has gone? You have never seen him who has gone
- This proves that you are cruel and unkind, yet due to false prestige you were thinking that you were protecting the citizens. You were such a fool that you could not have been adored as a great man in an assembly of persons advanced in knowledge
- To glorify a great man is a natural instinct for living beings, but they have not learned to glorify the Lord. Perfection of life is attained simply by glorifying the Lord in association with a self-realized devotee of the Lord
- To remain a little poor is better condition for developing Krsna consciousness. Therefore our duty should be not to become a very great man in the consideration of these materialistic men
- We should not be very much anxious about being famous. Not, "Oh, there is a great man who knows everything about spirit and who is perfect." No. We should be very sincere to understand things as they are
- Whatever action a great man performs, common men follow. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues
- Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow
- Whatever action is performed by a great man, common men follow in his footsteps. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues. BG 3.21 - 1972
- Whatever actions a great man performs, common people follow. And whatever standards he sets by exemplary acts, all the world pursues
- Whatever is done by a great nation or a great man is followed by ordinary persons, so it is my mission to distribute the treasure house of India's transcendental knowledge to the whole world, and your cooperation in this connection will be a great asset