- Gopīnātha Ācārya
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Gopinatha Acarya"
The following 94 pages are in this category, out of 94 total.
- A person influenced by the external energy is called bahirmukha jana, a mundane person, because despite his perception, he cannot understand the real substance. Hearing Gopinatha Acarya say this, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya smiled, began to speak as follows
- Actually Gopinatha Acarya had sincerely wished that his brother-in-law, Bhattacarya, would become a devotee of the Lord. He had sincerely desired that the Lord favor Bhattacarya, and he was glad to see that his desire was fulfilled by Lord Caitanya
- Actually I do not know any of them, although I have a desire to know them. Since Gopinatha Acarya knows them all, he will give you their names
- After hearing the prayers offered by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence, and the Bhattacarya, through Gopinatha Acarya, induced the Lord to accept lunch there
- After hearing this from Gopinatha Acarya, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "First go to the place where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is staying and invite Him here with His associates. Ask Him on my account"
- After Sarvabhauma said this, he went up to the top of the palace with the King and Gopinatha Acarya. At this time all the Vaisnava devotees from Bengal drew closer to the palace
- After serving the Bhattacarya with first-class prasadam, Gopinatha Acarya said, "Just consider what the Bhattacarya's previous mundane behavior was! Just consider how at present he is enjoying transcendental bliss"
- After this, Gopinatha Acarya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya met all the Vaisnavas at the place of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in a befitting manner
- All of them have already arrived on the bank of Lake Narendra and are waiting there. I desire residential quarters and prasadam arrangements for them
- Another group was formed consisting of Vasudeva, Gopinatha and Murari. All these were responsive singers, and Mukunda was the chief singer
- Arriving at the home of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, everyone saw the Lord lying unconscious. Seeing Him in this condition, Gopinatha Acarya became very unhappy, but at the same time he was happy just to see the Lord
- At this time, Gopinatha Acarya came there while Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was with King Prataparudra. Being a brahmana, he offered his benediction to the King and addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya as follows
- At this time, Gopinatha Acarya went to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and the Lord asked him about the events taking place in Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house
- Begging permission from Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then went with Gopinatha Acarya to take lunch. After finishing their lunch, they returned to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Bhattacarya offered him his due respect and replied, "My dear Gopinatha Acarya, it is through your mercy that I have received the mercy of the Supreme Lord"
- Bhattacarya's brother-in-law, Gopinatha Acarya, and the devotees of the Lord were surprised to see the Bhattacarya transformed into a great devotee
- Gopinatha Acarya also brought first-class food and offered it to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya while speaking sweet words
- Gopinatha Acarya also went in a very happy mood. They all went to meet the Lord, and they finally contacted Him on the way
- Gopinatha Acarya and Mukunda Datta became very unhappy when they heard this. Gopinatha Acarya therefore addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya as follows
- Gopinatha Acarya began to thank the Lord: It is by Your grace only that Bhattacarya has been transformed from his stonelike position into such a devotee
- Gopinatha Acarya continued to point out the devotees, "Here is Suklambara. See, there is Sridhara. Here is Vijaya, and there is Vallabha Sena. Here is Purusottama, and there is Sanjaya"
- Gopinatha Acarya continued, "Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is celebrated as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Those who are ignorant in this connection find the conclusion of knowledgeable men very difficult to understand"
- Gopinatha Acarya continued, "One can understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead only by His mercy, not by guesswork or hypothesis"
- Gopinatha Acarya continued, "There is certainly an incarnation in every age, and such an incarnation is called the yuga-avatara. But your heart has become so hardened by logic and argument that you cannot consider all these facts"
- Gopinatha Acarya continued, "You have seen the symptoms of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu during His absorption in an ecstatic mood"
- Gopinatha Acarya had previously been acquainted with Mukunda Datta, and when the Acarya saw him at Jagannatha Puri, he was very much astonished
- Gopinatha Acarya has already come, bringing sufficient remnants of food to distribute to all the sannyasis, and sannyasis like Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati are waiting for You
- Gopinatha Acarya has invited all the sannyasis who remain with You to come and take prasadam
- Gopinatha Acarya informed the Lord that both the husband and the wife were fasting and that their son-in-law, Amogha, was dying of cholera
- Gopinatha Acarya is pointing out that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya had already seen uncommon symptoms of ecstasy in the body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Gopinatha Acarya quoted this verse (of CC Madhya 6.104) from the Mahabharata’s Visnu-sahasra-nama-stotra
- Gopinatha Acarya reminded Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "My dear Bhattacarya, what I foretold to you has now taken place"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied (to the disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) that one could not understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead by guesswork
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "I believe that one drop of the ocean of Your great mercy has swelled up upon them"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "Knowledge of the summum bonum, the Absolute Truth, is evidence of the mercy of the Supreme Lord"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu does not rely on any external formality. There is no need for Him to accept the sannyasa order from a superior sampradaya"
- Gopinatha Acarya replied, "There was a man named Jagannatha, who was a resident of Navadvipa, and whose surname was Misra Purandara"
- Gopinatha Acarya said (to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) that the summum bonum, the Absolute Truth, and His different potencies are identical. Therefore one can understand the substance of the Absolute Truth by the manifestation of His different potencies
- Gopinatha Acarya then addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Nonetheless, because you are bereft of even a pinch of the Lord's mercy, you cannot understand Him, even though He is present in your home"
- Gopinatha Acarya then addressed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya: "You are a great scholar and a teacher of many disciples. Indeed, there is no other scholar like you on earth"
- Gopinatha Acarya then said, "There is no need to quote so much evidence from the sastras, for you are a very dry speculator. There is no need to sow seeds in barren land"
- Gopinatha Acarya then took Mukunda Datta with him and went to Sarvabhauma's house. When they arrived, Sarvabhauma addressed Mukunda Datta as follows
- Gopinatha Acarya was a resident of Nadia, the son-in-law of Visarada and a devotee of Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He knew the true identity of His Lordship
- Gopinatha Acarya was firmly convinced that Sri Caitanya was Krsna Himself & therefore independent of any external ritual or formality. If one wants to engage in pure devotional service, he does not require titular superiority as a Bharati or a Sarasvati
- Gopinatha Acarya was the brother-in-law of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya; therefore their relationship was very sweet and intimate
- Gopinatha Acarya, his brother-in-law, was so pleased to see Bhattacarya's condition that he began to dance in ecstasy and vibrate the transcendental sound Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- Gopinatha was then shown all the residential places, and Vaninatha was given large quantities of food (maha-prasadam) left by Lord Jagannatha
- He (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) suggested that the Lord be elevated to the Sarasvati community. However, Gopinatha Acarya pointed out that the Lord does not depend on any external formality
- Hearing this and feeling very pleased, Gopinatha Acarya immediately took all the devotees with him and approached the house of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- How many names shall I speak to you? All the devotees you see here are associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is their life and soul
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (178) it is described that he (Gopinatha Acarya) was formerly the gopi named Ratnavali. According to the opinion of others, he was an incarnation of Brahma
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika it is described that Gopinatha Acarya was formerly the gopi named Ratnavali, others say he was an incarnation of Brahma
- In the list of devotees at Jagannatha Puri (which begins with Paramananda Puri, Svarupa Damodara, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Gopinatha Acarya), Kasi Misra was the fifth, Pradyumna Misra the sixth and Bhavananda Raya the seventh
- In the third group, Mukunda was appointed the chief singer. This party was composed of Vasudeva, Gopinatha, Murari, Srikanta and Vallabha Sena. The senior Haridasa (Haridasa Thakura) was the dancer
- Indeed, Amogha continued slapping his face over and over until his cheeks were swollen. Finally Gopinatha Acarya stopped him by catching hold of his hands
- Lord Caitanya replied to Gopinatha Acarya that it was due to a devotee's favor that a stonelike man could be transformed into a mild, flowerlike devotee
- Lord Caitanya returned to His place, and Bhattacarya sent Gopinatha Acarya to Him with various kinds of prasada from Jagannatha temple. The next day the Lord went to the temple of Jagannatha early in the morning to attend mangala arati
- Paramananda Puri Gosvami, Svarupa Damodara, Jagadananda, Mukunda, Govinda, Kasisvara, Haridasa Thakura, Vakresvara Pandita, Gopinatha Acarya, Damodara Pandita, Ramai, Nandai and many other devotees accompanied the Lord (Caitanya)
- Previously Gopinatha Acarya had informed Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya that when he would be blessed by the Lord he would thoroughly understand the transcendental process of devotional service. This prediction was now fulfilled
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya informed his brother-in-law, Gopinatha Acarya, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead may not have shown mercy to me, but what is the proof of His having shown it to you? Kindly let us know about this"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied to Gopinatha Acarya, "I was simply a less intelligent logician. But by your grace I have received this opulence of perfection"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "My dear Gopinatha Acarya, please speak with great care. What is the proof that you have received the mercy of the Lord"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya requested the King, "Go up on the roof of the palace. Gopinatha Acarya knows every one of the devotees. He will identify them for you"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then told Gopinatha Acarya, "Take Gosvamiji and show Him Lord Jagannatha"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was subjected to all the rules and regulations of the Vedic principles on the mundane platform. Now Gopinatha Acarya pointed out how Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya had been converted by the causeless mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Saying this, Kasi Misra and the temple inspector took their leave, and Gopinatha and Vaninatha went with them
- Seeing that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was firmly fixed in the cult of Vaisnavism, Gopinatha Acarya, his brother-in-law, began to dance, clap his hands and chant, "Hari! Hari"
- Seeing the condition of his brother-in-law, Gopinatha Acarya said, "My dear Bhattacarya, previously I had said that when one is favored by the Supreme Lord, he will understand the techniques of devotional service. Today I am seeing this fulfilled"
- Since the appearance of Sri Caitanya, there have been many pseudo incarnations in India who do not present authorized evidence. The disciples of Bhattacarya, being very learned scholars, were certainly right in asking Gopinatha Acarya for evidence
- Since the Bhattacarya was an impersonalist, he had no idea of the Absolute Truth beyond the impersonal effulgence. However, Gopinatha Acarya informed him that Caitanya Mahaprabhu was the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately told Gopinatha Acarya, "Please go with the Vaisnavas and accommodate them in whatever residences Kasi Misra and the temple superintendent offer"
- Srila Mukunda Datta felt very satisfied to hear the conclusive statements of Gopinatha Acarya, but he became very unhappy and angry to hear the statements put forward by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Jagadananda, Damodara Pandita, Kasisvara, Gopinatha, Vaninatha and Sankara distributed prasadam, and the devotees chanted the holy names at intervals
- The Acarya continued, "If one receives but a tiny bit of the Lord's favor by dint of devotional service, he can understand the nature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- The disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya retaliated, "By what evidence do you conclude that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the Supreme Lord?" Gopinatha Acarya replied, "The statements of authorized acaryas who understand the S P of Godhead are proof"
- The disciples of the Bhattacarya said, "We derive knowledge of the Absolute Truth by logical hypothesis." Gopinatha Acarya replied, "One cannot attain real knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by such logical hypothesis and argument"
- The mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead can be obtained by the mercy of a pure devotee. Lord Caitanya's mercy was bestowed upon Bhattacarya because of Gopinatha Acarya's endeavor
- The mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead can be obtained by the mercy of a pure devotee. Lord Caitanya's mercy was bestowed upon the Bhattacarya because of Gopinatha Acarya's endeavor
- The next day Gopinatha Acarya took Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to see the early rising of Lord Jagannatha
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is sad-aisvarya-purna, complete with six opulences. Gopinatha Acarya emphasized that all those six opulences were completely existing in Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.14.29) quoted by Gopinatha Acarya was originally spoken by Lord Brahma when he was defeated by Lord Krsna
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally sat down to accept lunch with the other sannyasis, and Gopinatha Acarya began to distribute the prasadam with great pleasure
- There was Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, one of the biggest branches of the tree of the Lord, and his sister's husband, Sri Gopinatha Acarya
- Thus Gopinatha Acarya took Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to His residential quarters and showed Him where to find water, tubs and waterpots. Indeed, he arranged everything
- Thus Vaninatha Raya returned with large quantities of Lord Jagannatha's food remnants, including cakes and other good eatables. Gopinatha Acarya also returned after cleansing all the residential quarters
- When Sarvabhauma was talking with Gopinatha Acarya about Sri Caitanya's sannyasa community, he appreciated the first name, "Sri Krsna," but did not like the surname, "Caitanya," which is the name for a brahmacari belonging to the Bharati community
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the exuberance of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Ramananda Raya, He smiled and spoke to Gopinatha Acarya
- When the disciples of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya challenged Gopinatha Acarya, he immediately replied correctly: We must hear the statements of great personalities in order to understand the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- While Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya was in this ecstasy, Gopinatha Acarya was very pleased. The associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu all laughed to see the Bhattacarya dance so
- While the Lord was going along the path to Alalanatha, which was located on the seashore, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya gave the following orders to Gopinatha Acarya