Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
goddess | goddesses | goddess's | demigoddess | demigoddesses
VedaBase query: goddess or goddesses or goddess's or demigoddess or demigoddesses not fortune* not kali*
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Goddess"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- A diseased person is recommended to worship the sun-god; a person wanting education may worship the goddess of learning, Sarasvati; and a person wanting a beautiful wife may worship the goddess Uma, the wife of Lord Siva
- Addressing the girls, the Lord would say, "Worship Me, and I shall give you good husbands or good benedictions. The Ganges and goddess Durga are My maidservants. What to speak of other demigods, even Lord Siva is My servant"
- All the demigods and other living entities worship Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, just to get her favor, yet the Lord is never attached to her because He can create an unlimited number of such goddesses for His transcendental service
- As by pouring water on the root of the tree one serves and enlivens all the branches and leaves, so by rendering service unto the Supreme Lord one automatically serves every god and goddess without extraneous effort
- At the point of the cape (known today as Cape Comorin) is a big temple of goddess Durga, who is known there as Kanyakumari
- Because of their natural affection for Krsna, they (the inhabitants of Dvaraka) began to call Satrajit ill names, for he was the cause of Krsna's disappearance. They went to worship the goddess Candrabhaga, praying for the return of Krsna
- By pleasing goddess Durga one can obtain such benefits (wealth, strength, fame, a good wife and so on), but since they are temporary, they result only in maya-sukha (illusory happiness)
- Generally, devotees offer Ganges water and the leaves of the bilva tree, which are especially meant for offering to Lord Siva and goddess Durga
- Generally, people worship goddess Durga for some material benediction. Here, the gopis prayed to the goddess to become wives of Lord Krsna
- Gentlemen, every night I worship the goddess Bhavani. Since the paraphernalia for the worship is present here, now all you respectable brahmanas and members of the higher castes can understand my position
- Goddess Durga has four famous children: two daughters - the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, and the goddess of learning, Sarasvati - and two sons, Lord Ganesa and Lord Karttikeya. They are all considered demigods and goddesses
- I (Krsna) have no desire to play any joke with you (the Gopis), for you are tired from observing the regulative principles for one month by worshiping Goddess Katyayani
- If one desires a good marital relation he should worship the chaste goddess Uma, the wife of Lord siva
- If one wants a beautiful wife, he is advised to worship Uma, or goddess Durga. If one wants to be cured of a disease, he is advised to worship the sun-god. All requests for benedictions from the demigods, however, are due to material lust
- In Ilavrta-varsa, Lord Siva is always encircled by ten billion maidservants of goddess Durga, who minister to him
- Kamsa tried to dash the child downward against a piece of stone, but since she was Yogamaya, the younger sister of Lord Visnu, she slipped upward and assumed the form of the goddess Durga
- Krsna continued, "My dear gopis, your desire to have Me as your husband will be fulfilled because it is with this desire that you worshiped goddess Katyayani"
- Laksmi is addressed here as devi, the goddess, because in Vaikuntha she supplies all opulences to the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His devotees, who in this way enjoy natural life in the Vaikuntha planets
- Lord Siva explains to his wife, Parvati, the goddess Durga, that the highest goal of life is to satisfy Lord Visnu, who can be satisfied only when His servant is satisfied
- Lord Visnu, who is residing within the heart of every living entity, appeared in the darkness of night as the Supreme Personality of Godhead before Devaki, who appeared as one of the demigoddesses
- The demons, being neglected by the goddess of fortune, were very depressed. Then Varuni, the goddess of drinking, was generated (during the churning of the ocean of milk), and by the order of Lord Visnu the demons accepted her
- The devotee said, "Certainly You (Krsna) must have learned this dancing art directly from the goddess of love"
- The general worship of Sanideva, the lord of distressful condition, and Sitaladevi, the goddess of smallpox, is also common to the mass of people
- The goddess is worshiped by preparing a doll made of sand from the bank of the Yamuna
- The goddess was satisfied by the prayers of the citizens of Dvaraka, and she immediately offered them her benediction
- The gopis had prayed to the goddess Katyayani to have Krsna as their husband. Now Krsna was fulfilling their desire by expanding Himself in as many forms as there were gopis and enjoying them exactly like a husband
- The gopis, for example, worshiped Katyayani, a demigoddess, but the only benediction they wanted from the goddess was to have Krsna as their husband
- The material energy is represented by goddess Durga, and because Lord Siva happens to be her husband, goddess Durga is completely under his subjugation
- The material opulences a person obtains by offering prayers to the goddess Durga are temporary
- The material opulences a person obtains by offering prayers to the goddess Durga are temporary. As described in Bhagavad-gita, antavat tu phalam tesam tad bhavaty alpa-medhasam: men of meager intelligence desire temporary happiness
- The meat-eaters are recommended to worship the goddess Kali, the ghastly form of material nature, and before the goddess the sacrifice of animals is recommended
- These four brothers and their family members fully engaged in the service of Lord Caitanya. They knew no other god or goddess
- This Bana was a great devotee of Lord Siva and the goddess Durga. Thus, when Bana was being killed, Lord Siva and Durga became very furious at Krsna. But Krsna did not care for them
- You (Gopala Capala) have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births
- You have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births