God Takes Away
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "God Takes Away"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Although Bali Maharaja was a devotee, he was attached to material possessions, and therefore the Lord, being very kind to him, showed him special favor by appearing as Lord Vamana to take away all his material possessions, and his mind as well
- Although I cheated him in My incarnation as Vamana, taking away his dominions throughout the universe, and although I still criticized him for not fulfilling his promise, I have just now seen him in his kingdom, and he feelingly expressed his love for Me
- As the first installment of His special favor, the Lord takes away all the possessions of His devotee. A devotee, however, is never disturbed by such a loss. He continues his service & the Lord amply rewards him, beyond the expectations of any common man
- At the time of death, the atheist must submit to this supreme kala, and then the Supreme Personality of Godhead takes away all his possessions (mrtyuh sarva-haras caham (BG 10.34)) and forces him to accept another body (tatha dehantara-praptih) - BG 2.13
- If a devotee is not mature, the Supreme Lord will take away all his opulence. This principle is stated by the SP of Godhead-yasyaham anugrhnami harisye tad-dhanam sanaih: "My first mercy shown to My devotee is to take away all his material opulence."
- If one connects himself with Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord takes away all his miseries, and in the beginning the Lord also superficially appears to take away all his material possessions, reputation, education and beauty
- If one sincerely prays to God for material possessions in exchange for devotional service, the Lord, who is not foolish like such an unintelligent devotee, shows him special favor by taking away whatever material possessions he has
- If this kind of civilization continues, the time will soon come when the Supreme Personality of Godhead will take away all the material opulences. Then people will come to their senses
- It is by the mercy of the Lord that one gets all material opulence, but if such material opulence causes one to become puffed up and forget the process of self-realization, the Lord certainly takes all the opulence away
- It is said by the Lord: yasyaham anugrhnami harisye tad-dhanam sanaih. The Lord told Yudhisthira Maharaja that His special favor is shown to His devotee when He takes away all the devotee's material opulences
- It is understood from the speech of Maha-Visnu that He was very eager to see Krsna. It may be said, however, that since Maha-Visnu took away the brahmana's sons, He must certainly have gone to Dvaraka to do so. Therefore, why did He not see Krsna there?
- Simply by hearing about Him, one develops love for Him. That is the gift of the Lord. On one side He takes away inauspicious things, and on the other side He awards the most auspicious things. That is the meaning of hari
- Sometimes a pure devotee may have a habit or attraction for wife, children and home but at the same time want to serve the Supreme Lord to the best of his ability. For such a devotee, the Lord makes a special arrangement to take away his false attachment
- Sometimes He does this (creating a favorable condition for his devotee) by taking away a devotee’s material attachments by force and baffling all his material protective agents, for thus the devotee must completely depend on the Lord’s protection
- The Almighty God can bestow upon anyone the kingdom of the universe from a very small beginning, and similarly, He can take away the kingdom of the universe on the plea of begging a small piece of land
- The Lord can act any way He likes. He may take away one's opulence, or He may not. There are varieties of forms of life, and the Lord treats them according to the circumstances, as He chooses
- The Lord in the shape of death takes away everything that is created by the conditioned soul. Everything in this material world is subject to perish in due course of time
- The Lord is so kind that He takes away their (devotees who aspire for material benedictions) material desires and gives them the highest benediction
- The Lord never takes away material opulences achieved because of devotional service, although He sometimes takes away opulences achieved by pious activities. He does this to make a devotee prideless or put him in a better position in devotional service
- There is a common saying in Bengal that God has ten hands. This means that He has control everywhere - in the eight directions and up and down. If He wants to take everything away from us with His ten hands, we cannot protect anything with our two hands
- This (Lord makes a special arrangement to take away the objects of devotee's false attachment) is special mercy bestowed upon the devotee to bring him back home, back to Godhead
- This is the special favor of the Lord toward a sincere devotee - taking away all his possessions, especially his material opulence, his money
- This person falsely appearing as a brahmacari is actually the SPG, Hari, who has come in this form to take away all your land, wealth, beauty, power, fame and education. After taking everything from you, He will deliver it to Indra, your enemy
- This the atheists do not know (at the time of death one must submit to the supreme kala and then He takes away all his possessions & forces him to accept another body), and if they do know, they neglect it so that they may go on with their normal life
- When the demon used the phrase "in my presence," the implied meaning was, "In spite of my presence, You (the Personality of Godhead) are completely able to take away the earth
- When the Lord snatches away one's hard-earned material possessions and favors one with His personal transcendental service for eternal life, bliss and knowledge, such taking away by the Lord should be considered a special favor upon such a pure devotee