God Is Lord Parasurama
Pages in category "God Is Lord Parasurama"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- After finishing Parasurama's work as a ksatriya, he again became a brahmana and returned to Mahendra-parvata
- All the sages like Parvata Muni, Narada, Dhaumya, Vyasa the incarnation of God, Brhadasva, Bharadvaja and Parasurama and disciples, Vasistha, Indrapramada, Trita, Grtsamada, Asita, Kaksivan, Gautama, Atri, Kausika and Sudarsana were present (with Bhisma)
- Although Lord Parasurama was an incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he had to account for sinful activities
- As far as the saktyavesa-avataras are concerned, they include King Prthu (the incarnation of administrative power), and Parasurama (the incarnation who subdues evil principles)
- If the government becomes irresponsible and sinful, not caring for brahminical culture, there will certainly be an incarnation of God like Parasurama to create a devastation by fire, famine, pestilence or some other calamity
- In his book Laghu-bhagavatamrta, Srila Rupa Gosvami has enumerated the following twenty-five lila-avataras: Prthu, Nrsimha, Kurma, Dhanvantari, Mohini, Vamana, Parasurama, Raghavendra, Vyasa, Balarama, Krsna, Buddha and Kalki
- In previous times, when the ruling class was degraded to the modes of passion and ignorance, the brahmanas, headed by such a ksatriya-spirited brahmana as Parasurama, killed them twenty-one consecutive times
- It is not imagination but a fact that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, by His sweet will, appears in different incarnations, such as Matsya, Kurma, Varaha, Nrsimha, Vamana, Parasurama, Ramacandra, Balarama, Buddha and many other forms
- Parasurama became angry at Kartaviryarjuna and killed him and rid the entire world of ksatriyas twenty-one times
- Parasurama is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and his eternal mission is to protect the devotees and annihilate the miscreants
- Parasurama, the incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, killed Kartaviryarjuna because Kartaviryarjuna was too proud
- Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: What was the offense that the ksatriyas who could not control their senses committed before Parasurama, the incarnation of the S P of God, for which the Lord annihilated the ksatriya dynasty again and again?
- Sometimes the Lord invests His power to rule in a king like Prthu and enables such a king to kill rogues and miscreants. He also invests His power in incarnations like Parasurama
- Sukadeva Gosvami was not known as brahmarsi, rajarsi or devarsi, nor was he an incarnation like Narada, Vyasa or Parasurama. And yet he excelled them in respects paid
- Taking up His fierce chopper, His shield, His bow and a quiver of arrows, Lord Parasurama, exceedingly angry, chased Kartaviryarjuna just as a lion chases an elephant
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead invested the power of personal service in Lord Sesa, and He invested the power to rule the earth in King Prthu. Lord Parasurama received the power to kill rogues and miscreants
- These histories (of Parasurama and Visvamitra) confirm the statements in sastra that a brahmana may become a ksatriya, a ksatriya may become a brahmana or vaisya, and a vaisya may become a brahmana, by achieving the required qualities
- To kill all the sinful men is one among the tasks of the incarnation of Godhead. Lord Parasurama killed all the ksatriyas twenty-one times consecutively because they were disobedient to the brahminical culture
- When the army of the enemy was full of soldiers, elephants and horses, Lord Parasurama proceeded into their midst at the speed of mind to kill them. When somewhat tired, he slowed down to the speed of wind and continued to kill the enemies vigorously
- When the ruling administrators, who are known as the ksatriyas, turned astray from the path of the Absolute Truth, being desirous to suffer in hell, the Lord, in His incarnation as the sage Parasurama, uprooted those unwanted kings
- Whenever the government disrespects the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead and fails to protect the institution of varnasrama-dharma, it will certainly have to face such catastrophes as formerly brought about by Lord Parasurama