Pages in category "God's Mothers"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- Aditi, having received the extremely valuable benediction that the Lord would appear as her son, considered herself very successful, and with great devotion she approached her husband
- After hearing of His mother's uncontaminated desire for transcendental realization, the Lord thanked her within Himself for her questions, and thus, His face smiling, He explained the path of the transcendentalists, who are interested in self-realization
- Having imparted that knowledge to His mother - and, through His mother, to the world - Kapiladeva had no more need to stay at home, so He took permission from His mother and left
- He (Kapiladeva) addressed His mother (Devahuti) as bhamini to indicate that she was already thinking of the Lord as her son
- He spoke to His mother about self-realization, by which, in that very lifetime, she became fully cleansed of the mud of the material modes and thereby achieved liberation, the path of Kapila
- Here (in SB 3.25.14) we find that although Kapila Muni is the Lord Himself and is capable of manufacturing a new doctrine for His mother, He nevertheless says, "I shall just explain the ancient system which I once explained to the great sages
- His Lordship Kapila, the incarnation of the Lord, instructed His mother fully about the personal form of the Lord, and thereby she realized the personal form of the Lord and was able to achieve a place in the Vaikunthaloka where, Lord Kapila predominates
- In due course of time, Devaki, the mother of God and all the demigods, gave birth to a child. Thus she bore eight sons, one after another, and a daughter named Subhadra
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam Lord Kapiladeva told His mother that the living entity gets a particular type of body in accordance with his work and that this body is decided upon by higher authorities
- In the beginning of this instruction, the Lord explained to His mother that mad-guna-sruti-matrena, simply by hearing of the name, quality, form, etc., of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one is immediately attracted
- In this verse (SB 3.25.38) Kapiladeva addresses His mother as santa-rupa, indicating that the opulences of devotees are fixed because devotees are eternally fixed in the Vaikuntha atmosphere
- It is stated in Bhagavad-gita, budha bhava-samanvitah: (BG 10.8) one who has attained the stage of bhava can accept the lotus feet of Lord Krsna as worshipable. This is also advised here (in SB 3.32.22) by Lord Kapila to His mother Devahuti
- Kapila Muni herein (in SB 3.25.24) advises His mother, Devahuti, that if she wants to be free from material attachment, she should increase her attachment for the sadhus, or devotees who are completely freed from all material attachment
- Kapiladeva has advised His mother, Devahuti, as follows, "My dear Mother, My pure devotees are charmed by seeing My different forms, the beauty of My face, the structure of My body so enchanting"
- Kapiladeva instructs His mother and says, "My dear Mother, devotees whose hearts are always filled in the service of My lotus feet, and who are prepared to do anything for My satisfaction"
- Kapiladeva said to His mother, "My dear Mother, those who are My pure devotees, who have no desire for material benefit or philosophical speculation, have their minds so much engaged in My service that they are never interested in asking Me for anything"
- Kapiladeva said to His mother, "They (pure devotees) do not even beg to live in My abode with Me"
- Kapiladeva said, "My dear Mother, when a person is actually in association with pure devotees, the sublime potency of My devotional service can be experienced"
- Lord Kapila advised His mother (Devahuti) that she did not need any indirect process. She was already situated in that direct process because the Supreme Lord had taken birth as her son
- Lord Kapila was very much satisfied by His mother's questions because the answers stimulate one's desire for liberation from the conditional life of material existence. Such questions are called apavarga-vardhanam
- Lord Kapila was very satisfied by the request of His glorious mother (Devahuti) because she was thinking not only in terms of her personal salvation but in terms of all the fallen conditioned souls
- Lord Kapiladeva advises His mother (Devahuti) that she should take shelter of the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, because it is worthwhile
- My dear mother, I have explained to you the process of devotional service and its identity in four different social divisions. I have explained to you as well how eternal time is chasing the living entities, although it is imperceptible to them
- My dear mother, I therefore advise that you take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, for His lotus feet are worth worshiping. Accept this with all devotion and love, for thus you can be situated in transcendental devotional service
- O My mother, My devotees always see the smiling face of My form, with eyes like the rising morning sun. They like to see My various transcendental forms, which are all benevolent, and they also talk favorably with Me
- On receiving the benediction from the Lord to become His father and mother, Prsni and Sutapa retired from the activities of austerity and lived as husband and wife in order to beget a child who was the Supreme Lord Himself
- Since the Lord is all-perfect, His exhibition of affection for His mother was also complete. After hearing the words of His mother, He most respectfully, with due gravity and good manners, replied
- Sri Maitreya said: The Supreme Personality of Godhead Kapila, after instructing His beloved mother, took permission from her and left His home, His mission having been fulfilled
- That is the sign of pure devotional service to the Lord (when a devotee forgets himself on the physical plane), as will be explained later on (laksanam bhakti-yogasya, etc.) in Lord Kapila's instructions to His mother, Devahuti
- The devotees, therefore, following their constitutional instincts, achieve the desired goal of becoming servitors, friends, fathers, mothers or conjugal lovers of the Lord
- The instructions of Lord Kapila to His mother Devahuti are fully described in the Third Canto (Chapters 25-32) of the Srimad-Bhagavatam, and anyone who follows the instructions can achieve the same liberation obtained by Devahuti
- The Lord continued: My dear mother, devotees who receive such transcendental opulences are never bereft of them; neither weapons nor the change of time can destroy such opulences
- The Lord is already sitting within the heart, and if He comes out from the body of a devotee it does not mean that the particular woman becomes His mother in the material sense
- The narration of Kapiladeva and His mother, Devahuti, is so perfect and transcendental that even if one only hears or reads this description, he achieves the highest perfectional goal of life, for he engages in loving service of God's lotus feet
- The son of Devahotra known as Yogesvara will appear as a partial incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. His mother's name will be Brhati. He will perform activities for the welfare of Divaspati
- The system of philosophy enunciated by Lord Kapila before His mother is the background for situation on the spiritual platform. The specific significance of this system of philosophy is stated as siddhi-bhumim - it is the background of salvation
- This is an example set by the Supreme Personality of Godhead while acting like an ordinary human being so that others might learn from Him. He (Kapiladeva) could have stayed with His mother, but He indicated that there was no need to stay with the family
- Thus she (mother Yasoda) became fatigued (after trying to tie up Krsna), but in the meantime the Lord opened His mouth, and the affectionate mother saw within the mouth of her son all the universes situated together
- When a devotee is completely purified, he becomes anyabhilasita-sunya. In other words, all of his material desires become zero, being burnt to ashes, and he exists either as the Lord's servant, friend, father, mother or conjugal lover
- When the Lord saw that His beloved mother was very compassionate towards the fallen souls, He was pleased, and He also became compassionate towards her
- With all this paraphernalia (an airplane as large as a small town with gardens, servants, maidservants and palatial buildings), Kapiladeva's mother, Devahuti, and His father, Kardama Muni, traveled all over the universes and visited different planets