Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"God's Expansion"|"Expansions of God"
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "God's Expansions"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.
- A class of so-called devotees known as sahajiyas try to imitate the Lord's pastimes, although they have no understanding of the amorous love in His expansions of pleasure potency
- A conditioned soul, by mystic power, can sometimes expand into eight forms, but the Lord's bodily expansions are unlimited. This means that the bodies of the Lord have no beginning and no end, unlike the bodies of the living entities
- A poor fund of knowledge cannot comprehend the existence of an original personal form of the Lord when He is expanded in everything
- According to Pancaratra, Narayana is the primeval cause of all expansions of Godhead
- Advaita Acarya is a separate expansion of Him. He always engages in devotional service with His thoughts, words and actions
- Again these quadruple forms expand three times, beginning with Kesava. That is the fulfillment of the pastime forms
- Although I am one of the principal expansions of His Lordship, even I was illusioned by His energy. What then is to be said of others, who are fully dependent on maya?
- Although Pariksit Maharaja had no need for geographical knowledge of this universe, that knowledge was also spiritual and transcendental because he was thinking of the entire universe as an expansion of the energy of the Lord
- At that time Arjuna could see in the universal form of the Lord the unlimited expansions of the universe situated in one place although divided into many, many thousands. BG 11.13 - 1972
- Balarama, the first expansion of Krsna, expands Himself in five forms: (1) Maha-sankarsana, (2) Karanodakasayi, (3) Garbhodakasayi, (4) Ksirodakasayi, and (5) Sesa
- Being prayed for by the demigods, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth Himself, directly appeared with His expansion and expansions of the expansion
- By His specific functional expansion He touches the material energy, and thus the living entities, who are His parts and parcels, are impregnated into material nature
- By such expansions (as the Purusas), He creates, maintains and annihilates the cosmic manifestation
- For human intelligence it is very difficult to conceive how the whole creation rests on His (the Lord's) expansion of energy, but the Lord has given a very good example in the Bhagavad-gita
- From Garbhodakasayi Visnu there is expansion of the Ksirodakasayi Visnu, who is the collective Paramatma of all living beings. He is called Hari, and from Him all incarnations within the universe are expanded
- In the Satvata-tantra it is said that the third purusa incarnation, Ksirodakasayi Visnu, is situated as the Supersoul in everyone's heart. This Ksirodakasayi Visnu is an expansion of Garbhodakasayi Visnu for pastimes
- In the Visnu Purana it is said, Whatever we actually see in the cosmic manifestation - be it matter or the activities of the living entities - is simply an expansion of the energies of the Lord, as heat and light are the different expansions of fire
- Kindly describe how the Supreme Lord, who is all-powerful, engages His different energies and different expansions in maintaining and again winding up the phenomenal world in the sporting spirit of a player
- Krsna is the cause of all causes, and the effects are permeated by the original cause. The entire cosmic manifestation should be understood as the expanded energy of the Supreme Lord
- Maha-Visnu is lying in the Causal Ocean, Karanarnava, and He is breathing, and from His breathing innumerable universes are coming out. And in each and every universe, Maha-Visnu, in His further expansion as Garbhodakasayi-Visnu, He enters
- Maharaja Pariksit inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami: How did the Lord conduct Himself, and how did He behave in relationship with His brothers, who were expansions of His own self? And how did His brothers and the inhabitants of Ayodhya treat Him?
- My dear lord, you create this cosmic manifestation, maintain it, and annihilate it by expansion of your personality, exactly as a spider creates, maintains and winds up its web
- Sankarsana, the fourth expansion, is certainly transcendental, but because his activities of destruction in the material world are in the mode of ignorance, He is known as tamasi, the Lord's form in the mode of ignorance
- Since everything is an expansion of the energy of the Supreme Lord, the expansions are as real as the Supreme Lord is
- Sri Advaita Acarya is the creator of millions and millions of universes, and by His expansions (as Garbhodakasayi Visnu) He maintains each and every universe
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said to Maharaja Pariksit: My dear King, approximately 240,000 miles beneath the planet Patala lives another incarnation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is the expansion of Lord Visnu known as Lord Ananta or Lord Sankarsana
- Svamsa refers to a direct expansion, and kala denotes an expansion from the expansion of the original Lord
- The Absolute Personality of Godhead, although fixed in His transcendental abode, can diffuse His different energies everywhere
- The Causal Ocean, Visnu is lying there, sleeping within the ocean, and from His breathing the universes are coming out. This is God. Because He is in a sleeping condition, that is expansion of God. That is not original God
- The complete manifestation of the cosmic situation is an expansion of the Lord Himself in His impersonal feature. All things are situated in Him only, yet He is not in them
- The expansions of differentiated parts and parcels, called jivas or living entities, are assisting hands of the Lord, and all of them are meant for rendering a particular pattern of service to the Lord
- The expansions of His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) personal self, or visnu-tattva, are called svamsa expansions, whereas the living entities, who are not visnu-tattva but jiva-tattva, are called vibhinnamsa, separated expansions
- The gopis are predominated expansions of the internal potency, and therefore the Lord's participation in the rasa-lila dance is never to be considered like the mundane relationship of man and woman
- The living entities are also differentiated expansions of the Lord's Self & because some of them desire to be lords & imitate the SL He allows them to enter into the cosmic creation with the option to fully utilize their propensity to lord it over nature
- The Lord expands Himself in innumerable svamsa forms. When a devotee, hearing about these innumerable forms, becomes attached to one and always thinks of Him, the Lord appears to him in that form
- The Lord simultaneously assumed different bodily expansions exactly matching each and every princess
- The Lord's svamsa expansions are also described in the Laghu-bhagavatamrta
- The Lord's various expansions, such as Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Candra and Indra, all thought, "Gajendra is not asking our help. He is asking the help of the Supreme, who is above all of us"
- The Lord's vilasa expansions are described in the following verse from the Laghu-bhagavatamrta: svarupam anyakaram yat tasya bhati vilasatah prayenatma-samam saktya sa vilaso nigadyate
- The mundaners are more or less captivated by the unlimited expansion of the rays of the Lord, but the devotees are concerned more with His personal form, from which everything is emanating
- The personified Vedas continued, "Because Your (Lord's) knowledge is also unlimited, there is unlimited competition between Your knowledge and Your expansion of energies"
- The relative world is also His phenomenal representation because it is nothing but an expansion of His transcendental energy. Although He is in His abode, His energy is distributed everywhere, just as the sun is localized as well as expanded everywhere
- The spirit soul is one, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He is manifested in svamsa and vibhinna-msa expansions. The jivas are vibhinnamsa expansions. The different incarnations of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are svamsa expansions
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead expands Himself by svamsa (His personal expansions) and vibhinnamsa (His expansions as the living entities)
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Freed from all sinful reactions are those who rise from bed at the end of night, early in the morning, and fully concentrate their minds with great attention My expansion of energy the goddess of fortune
- The visnu-tattva living beings are expansions of the Supreme Lord, and all of them are qualitatively and quantitatively equal with the Lord. But expansions of the jiva-sakti, the category of the ordinary living beings, are not at all equal with the Lord
- Their (the varied expansions of the Personality of Godhead) bodies, composed of eternity, bliss and knowledge, are everlasting; there is no chance of their decaying, for they are not creations of the material world
- Then in the twelfth and thirteenth verses he describes Advaitacarya, who is another principal associate of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s and an incarnation of Maha-Visnu. Thus Advaitacarya is also the Lord, or, more precisely, an expansion of the Lord
- There are different manifestations of the Lord. He is one, but He has become many. He divides Himself into two different expansions, one called kala and the other vibhinnamsa
- There is nothing existent except the Lord. The Lord is manifested in different expansions. He is the root of the complete tree. He is the stomach of the complete body
- These (expansions) are Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha
- This material world is an expansion of the material energy of the Lord. Therefore it is real. It is not false, as sometimes concluded from the example of the snake and the rope
- This time factor is the material cause of creation and is therefore a self expansion of the Personality of Godhead. Time is considered the impersonal feature of the Lord