Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Giant"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- He (Arjuna) was not at all afraid of the giant military phalanx presented by Duryodhana, but as a merciful devotee of the Lord, renunciation of worldly things was natural for him, and thus he decided not to fight for worldly possessions
- Human being should not be encouraged to satisfy his unsatiated hunger like the giant elephant or the little ant but he should be trained up otherwise which shall provide for his real food
- Nanda continued, "If Krsna were not a great personality, how could He have killed Kamsa, who possessed the strength of ten thousand elephants? Besides Kamsa, there were the very strong wrestlers, as well as the giant elephant Kuvalayapida"
- Nanda Maharaj said, "Unfortunately, I have brought Him (Krsna) to Mathura, and now I see that He's embarrassed by this giant elephant named Kuvalaya. It is as though the moon of Krsna is eclipsed by the shadow of the earth"
- The giant fiery demon appeared still more fierce due to the movements of his eyebrows. He exhibited long, sharp teeth and, sticking out his long tongue, licked his upper and lower lips. He was naked, and he carried a big trident, blazing like fire
- The Lord appeared as half lion and half man so that Hiranyakasipu could not understand whether the great giant was a lion or a human being
- There is no doubt about Lord Krsna's being the Supreme Lord, otherwise how was it possible for Him to kill a giant demon like Putana when He was just on the lap of His mother
- This form (Virat-rupa) of the Supreme Lord is the all-devouring giant, and here Krsna presents Himself in that form of all-devouring time