Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ghastliness | ghastly
Pages in category "Ghastly"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A devotee said, "In this state of consciousness I am so condemned that I cannot relish the transcendental ecstasy of remembering the S P of Godhead." In this statement there are two ecstatic loving humors, namely neutrality and ghastliness"
- After consulting with his demoniac ministers, Kamsa instructed a witch named Putana, who knew the black art of killing small children by ghastly sinful methods, to kill all kinds of children in the cities, villages and pasturing grounds
- After this ghastly incident, the employees of the washerman immediately dispersed, leaving the clothing. Krsna and Balarama took possession of it and dressed according to Their choice
- Although Jarasandha was equipped with a vast ocean of military strength, the fighting of Lord Krsna and Balarama converted the whole situation into a ghastly scene far beyond ordinary fighting
- Astonished by the ghastly scene, the cowherd boys began to praise Balarama with the words "Well done!" All of them then embraced Balarama with great affection, thinking that He had returned from death. They offered their blessings & congratulations
- In a direct relationship of conjugal love, there is laughter, astonishment, chivalry, lamentation, anger and dread, but there is no ghastliness. These expressions are considered to be the great reservoirs of pleasure
- In conclusion, it may be stated that the ecstatic love for Krsna in ghastliness appears during the development of dormant neutrality into developed affection
- In the ecstasy of ghastliness in devotional service, feelings of neutral love, laughter or servitude are compatible, whereas feelings of conjugal union and fraternity are incompatible
- In the fourth division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami has described seven kinds of indirect ecstasies of devotional service, known as laughing, astonishment, chivalry, compassion, anger, dread and ghastliness
- In this mellow of devotional service in ghastliness, the sub-ecstatic symptoms are spitting upon the consideration of one's past life, contorting the face, covering the nose and washing the hands
- In this statement there is incompatibility caused by a mixture of ghastliness and conjugal love in devotional service
- Indirect devotional service is divided into laughter, compassion, anger, chivalry, dread, astonishment and ghastliness. Devotional service can therefore be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color
- It is understood from authoritative sources that an attachment for Krsna because of feelings of disgust sometimes presents a ghastly ecstasy in devotional service
- The Earth personified continued, "He (bhagadatta) has been very much affected by the ghastly situation created by the death of his father and has become very much confused and afraid"
- The horrible scene in the hospital is certainly ghastly. But we should at the same time know that this ghastly scene is in the matter of bodily concept of life. This is Maya's illusion
- The meat-eaters are recommended to worship the goddess Kali, the ghastly form of material nature, and before the goddess the sacrifice of animals is recommended
- The person experiencing such ecstatic love for Krsna is almost always in the neutral stage of devotional service, or santa-rasa. A description of ecstatic love caused by ghastliness is found in the following statement
- This demon (friend of Kamsa) was foaming at the mouth, waving his arms and rolling on the ground. This demonic demonstration is in relationship with Krsna in ghastly humor. This mellow or flavor is one of the indirect relationships with Krsna
- This is an example of conjugal love mixed with ghastliness, but there is no incompatibility
- This is an instance of ecstatic love in ghastliness
- Those who are serious about liberation are certainly nonenvious, and they respect all. Yet they reject the horrible and ghastly forms of the demigods and worship only the all-blissful forms of Lord Visnu and His plenary portions
- When a devotee meets Krsna, there are symptoms of jubilation, pride and perseverance, and when he is feeling great separation from Krsna, the symptoms of ghastliness, disease and signs of death become prominent
- When a devotee, lamenting for his past abominable activities, shows special symptoms on his body, his feeling is called ecstasy in devotional service in ghastliness. This is caused by the awakening of his Krsna consciousness
- When in the rasa of neutral love (santa-rasa) there are found traces of ghastliness or astonishment, the result is compatible. When with this neutral love there are manifestations of conjugal love, chivalry, anger or dread, the result is incompatible
- When she saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demonic woman, Mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- When there is such indirect expression of conjugal love, there is smiling, astonishment, enthusiasm, lamentation, anger, dread and sometimes ghastliness. These seven exchanges of conjugal love form another state of ecstatic love
- When Yasoda saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demoniac woman, mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly
- With the ecstasy of devotional laughter a mixture of dread, conjugal love or parental love is compatible, whereas a mixture of compassion or ghastliness is incompatible
- With the ecstasy of dread in devotional service a mixture of ghastliness or compassion is compatible