"from Krsna"|"from Krishna"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 34 subcategories, out of 34 total.
- ► Bringing from Krsna (1 P)
- ► Hearing from Krsna (2 C, 44 P)
- ► Learning from Krsna (1 C, 15 P)
- ► Obtaining from Krsna (1 C, 8 P)
- ► Pleasure from Krsna (1 C, 9 P)
- ► Taking from Krsna (19 P)
Pages in category "From Krsna"
The following 156 pages are in this category, out of 156 total.
- A pure devotee never asks for any kind of material or spiritual benediction from the Lord; his only prayer is that he may not forget the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna) in any condition of life
- A wise man who becomes attached to Krsna does not want any return from Him, either in the form of relieving distress or in gaining money
- According to the deliberate opinion of all revealed scriptures, the spiritual master is nondifferent from Krsna. Lord Krsna in the form of the spiritual master delivers His devotees
- Actually nothing is separate from Krsna. When a devotee sees a tree, he knows that the tree is a combination of two energies - material and spiritual
- After offering obeisances, the four-headed Brahma parted from Krsna, and he could understand the meaning of the Lord's "three-quarters energy
- After the return of their wives from Krsna, the brahmanas engaged in the performance of sacrifices began to regret their sinful activities in refusing food to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- After understanding Bhagavad-gita from Krsna, Arjuna confirms this in the following words: I now fully understand that You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth, and that You are the refuge of everything. BG 1972 purports
- All Vedic literature aims at understanding Krsna. Mayavada philosophy, however, has deviated everyone from Krsna. Therefore there is a great need for the Krsna consciousness movement all over the world to save the world from degradation
- Although a person may desire material benefits from Krsna, the Lord, being all-powerful, considers the person's position and gradually liberates him from a materially ambitious life and engages him more in devotional service
- Although the associates of Radharani do not expect any personal attention from Krsna, Radharani is so pleased with them that She arranges individual meetings between Krsna and the damsels of Vraja
- An ideal householder should learn from the behavior of Lord Krsna how to rise early in the morning, however comfortably he may be lying in bed embraced by his wife
- Anantadeva, who was calmly holding all the planets on His hood, was moving in this way and that due to the transcendental vibration from Krsna's flute, which penetrated through the covering of this universe and reached to the spiritual sky
- Arjuna, the student who took lessons from Lord Sri Krsna, accepts everything that He says without contradicting Him. BG 1972 Introduction
- As Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.41): "Know that all beautiful, glorious and mighty creations spring from but a spark of My splendor." The illumination of the planets and stars in the sky is but a partial manifestation of the Lord's effulgence
- As Krsna states in Bhagavad-gita: "Amongst vibrations, I am the syllable om." (BG 9.17) This means that omkara is nondifferent from Krsna
- As stated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one must get in touch with a bona fide spiritual master coming in the parampara of Krsna consciousness, for by his mercy and instructions one is able to get strength from Krsna
- At such a time (when one becomes attached to the God and surrenders to Him) he can understand that Lord Sri Krsna's mercy is everything, that He is the cause of all causes and that this material manifestation is not independant from Him. BG 1972 purports
- Baladeva is not different from Krishna. He is first expansion from Krishna. All the incarnations and expansions begin from Baladeva
- Before the material creation, the Supreme Lord, by His plenary expansion, accepts the Purusa incarnations, and from Him everything begins. Therefore He is atma, the soul of the mahat-tattva, the universal elements. BG 1972 purports
- Bhagavad-gita is the statement of Krsna, and since it is the science of Krsna, it should be understood from Krsna as Arjuna understood it. It should not be received from atheistic persons. BG 1972 purports
- Bhagavatah refers to Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The Supreme Godhead is Krsna; from Him comes the first expansion, Baladeva, and from Baladeva come Sankarsana, Aniruddha and many other forms, followed by the purusa-avataras
- Brahma is the direct recipient of Vedic knowledge from the Personality of Godhead, and anyone discharging his entrusted duties in disciplic succession from Brahma is sure to gain fame in this life and salvation in the next
- Brahma receives his mind, intelligence, materials and everything else from Krsna, and then he becomes the secondary creator, the engineer of this universe
- Brahma-samhita (5.37) confirms that Krsna expands Himself by His pleasure potency in the spiritual world and that these potencies are all nondifferent from Krsna
- By asking this benediction (I simply request that I may not forget Your (Krsna's) lotus feet at any time) from the Lord, the sage Narada showed the ideal prayer of all pure devotees
- Dhruva Maharaja wanted something material from Krsna & engaged in DS. When the Lord appeared as four-handed Visnu before Dhruva, Dhruva told the Lord: My dear Lord, because I engaged myself in Your DS with great austerity & penances, I am now seeing You
- Do you mean to say from Krsna only one dozen or two dozen disciples have come? There are many millions and trillions. It has given one list only. That's all
- From God's side there is always an attempt to make the people right. As soon as they're wrongly directed, some messenger comes like Jesus Christ or Buddha or, before Him, Lord Krsna
- From Him only, all our kingly opulence, good wives, lives, progeny, control over our subjects, victory over our enemies, and future accommodations in higher planets have become possible. All this is due to His causeless mercy upon us
- From His (Krsna's) navel, the stem of a lotus flower grows, and on that lotus flower the first creature, Brahma, is born. Within the stem of that lotus flower are fourteen divisions of planetary systems, which are created by Brahma
- From Krsna everything is generated. But according to consciousness, they are divided into two energies: the superior energy and the inferior energy
- From Krsna's appearance day to the end of His fifth year is called kaumara, from the beginning of the sixth year up to the end of the tenth year is called pauganda, and from the eleventh to the end of the fifteenth year is called kaisora
- From Krsna's babyhood to His childhood and from His childhood to His youth, mother Yasoda was always in association with Krsna. Even when Krsna was grown up, He would go to Vrndavana and sit on the lap of mother Yasoda
- From Krsna's expansion into Visnu forms, Lord Brahma could understand by his limited potency that everything movable and immovable within the cosmic manifestation is existing due to the expansion of the energy of the Supreme Lord
- From Krsna, or Govinda, comes Balarama; from Balarama comes Sankarsana
- From that verse (in CC Madhya 8.288) and the present verse we can understand that Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is nondifferent from Krsna. Both are the same Supreme Personality of Godhead
- He (Krsna) is always self-satisfied, but sometimes, being the leader of the devotees, He enjoys transcendental pleasure by descending on the material world, although from Him only the material world is created
- He (Krsna) is the original spiritual master, and any bona fide spiritual master at the present moment must be a descendant in the line of disciplic succession stemming from Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- He (Lord Maha-Visnu) is a plenary portion of Lord Sri Krsna, and thus although He is nondifferent from Lord Krsna, His formal appearance in the material world as an incarnation is temporary
- He (the brahmana) thought, "If I go there I shall be able to see the Lord personally. That will be a great opportunity, even if I don't ask any material benefit from Him (Krsna)"
- I (Bali Maharaja) have no other property, but I do have my head. Would You so kindly step there?" Lord Sri Krsna was then very much pleased with Bali Maharaja, and He asked, - What would you like from Me
- If you want advice, instruction, niscitam, which is without any doubt, without any illusion, without any mistake, without any cheating, that is called niscitam. That you can get from Krsna or His representative
- In Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.8) Krsna states, aham sarvasya prabhavah: Everything is generated from Me. This includes all the demigods
- In Bhagavad-gita the Lord (Krsna) says, mattah smrtir jnanam apohanam ca: (BG 15.15) "From Me the conditioned soul receives memory, knowledge and forgetfulness."
- In the Bhagavad-gita Lord Krsna says to Arjuna - O Arjuna, I am now imparting the same knowledge (which was coming from Krsna) to you because you are My very dear friend and good devotee
- In the Brahma-samhita Radharani is described as Krsna's expansion of His spiritual potency. In this way, She is nondifferent from Krsna. The gopis, who tend Radha and Krsna, are not ordinary women or girls; they are expansions of Krsna's pleasure potency
- In the Brahma-samhita the Lord is addressed as adi-purusam, the original person. Indeed, in Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.8) the Lord Himself declares, mattah sarvam pravartate: "From Me everything proceeds."
- In the Padma Purana it is stated that the Personality of Godhead ordered His Lordship Siva to deviate the human race from Him. The Personality of Godhead was to be so covered so that people would be encouraged to generate more and more population
- In this way, Vidyadhara got permission from Lord Krsna to return to his home in the higher planetary system
- In Varaha Purana it is said, Narayana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and from Him Brahma was born, from whom Siva was born. BG 1972 purports
- It (Vedic knowledge) comes down from the Lord by disciplic succession, and this transcendental knowledge is distributed to the world by this descending process
- It is a fact that Krsna is the source of everything, as we understand from Krsna Himself in Bhagavad-gita (aham sarvasya prabhavah) - BG 10.8
- It is clearly explained in the Bhagavad-gita (BG 10.8), where Krsna says, mattah sarvam pravartate: "From Me, everything emanates"
- It is mentioned in Srimad-Bhagavatam that when Uddhava came from Lord Krsna with a message for the gopis, all the gopis, especially Srimati Radharani, denounced Krsna in various ways
- King Nrga said, "Nothing can be hidden from Your (Krsna's) eternal cognizance. Still, You have ordered me to explain my history, and I shall therefore narrate the full story"
- Krishna can help us immediately with all of His resources, but first of all He wants to see how much we can work seriously. So the more we become steady and serious, the more help we will have from Him, rest assured
- Krsna ccontinued, "My devotees never desire anything from Me except to be engaged in My service. And yet because they are completely dependent upon Me, even if they are found to ask something from Me, that is not material"
- Krsna confirms this in Bhagavad-gita (BG 15.15): I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness
- Krsna immediately pressed down the serpent's (Kaliya's) hoods and jumped up on them. The Lord's lotus feet became tinged with red from the rays of the jewels on the snake's hoods
- Krsna is the original Personality of Godhead and all other features originate from Him. He is not different from His plenary expansions, and He is God in any of His innumerable forms. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna never goes even a step from Vrndavana. Nevertheless, although Krsna is situated in His own abode, Goloka Vrndavana, He is simultaneously all-pervading and is therefore present everywhere
- Krsna replied, "You (Kings) may know from Me that I am always sitting within your hearts as the Supersoul"
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "you may know it from Me, the attraction I feel for devotional service rendered by My devotees is not to be attained even by the performance of mystic yoga, philosophical speculation, ritualistic sacrifices, the study of Vedanta"
- Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that you have to offer something out of your love. Love means you must give something. You are taking something from Krsna. Why not give something? Is it love, simply going on taking, taking, taking
- Krsna sometimes kisses the gopis; therefore the transcendental nectar of His lips is available only to them. They asked, "How is it possible that the flute, which is nothing but a bamboo rod, is always engaged in enjoying the nectar from Krsna's lips?"
- Krsna thought, "Sudama has not come asking anything from Me; being obliged by the request of his wife, he has come to see Me just to please her."
- Krsna's body is described herewith (in SB 7.1.25) as kaivalya, nondifferent from Himself. Since everyone has a material bodily conception of life, if Krsna had such a conception what would be the difference between Krsna and the conditioned soul
- Lord Caitanya prayed, "I may take birth many times, one after another, but what I pray from You is that my devotion unto You may always remain unflinching"
- Lord Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 15.15), sarvasya caham hrdi sannivisto mattah smrtir jnanam apohanam ca: I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance, knowledge and forgetfulness
- Lord Krsna says: "I am the origin of everything." Therefore whatever we see emanates from Him. This is also confirmed in the Vedanta-sutra. Janmady asya yatah: (SB 1.1.1) "The Absolute Truth is He from whom everything emanates."
- Lord Sri Krsna and all His plenary parts are visnu-tattva, or the Lordship of Godhead. From Sri Krsna, the next manifestation is Baladeva
- Love means you must give something. You are taking something from Krsna. Why not give something?
- Maha-prasadam is nondifferent from Krsna. Therefore, instead of eating maha-prasadam, one should honor it
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was conscious of his duty, and he at once hurried to the spot with Lord Krsna and satisfied the bereaved Dhrtarastra with kind words, from both himself and the Lord also
- My dear Lord Krsna, I do not want material wealth from You, nor do I want followers, a beautiful wife or the results of fruitive activities. I only pray that by Your causeless mercy You give Me pure devotional service to You, life after life
- Narada describes, "Brahma first received the Vedic education from Krsna, as the clouds receive water from the ocean. That Vedic education or instruction which was spoken by Brahma to the world was then reposed upon the mountain of Sandipani Muni"
- Nitya refers to the Personality of Godhead, beginning from Krsna to Maha-Visnu, Narayana and other expansions of Lord Krsna
- No one can separate the sunshine energy from the energetic sun. Therefore material energy may appear separate from the Lord, but transcendentally it is nondifferent from the Lord
- Not only does a living entity enjoy or suffer in this world according to the dictation from the Supreme Lord situated locally in the heart, but he receives the opportunity to understand Vedas from Him. BG 1972 purports
- Nothing can manifest itself in this material world which is not in Krsna. That is knowledge; although we know that things are differently situated, we should realize that everything flows from Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- Now big, big scientists, they are trying to prove that life come from matter. But here we understand from Krsna, the supreme authority, that He is the origin of all life
- Now I have taken your husband (Pradyumna dasa) with me, and he shall always remain with me from now on to learn perfectly sanskrit language exactly as it is understood by our line of acaryas from Krishna Himself
- Now, even still, we do not come to the understanding what is the difference between the living body and the dead body. There are so many theories, but as I have already told you that we receive knowledge from the perfect person, Krsna
- O Uddhava, please tell me (Vidura) how is Pradyumna, the commander-in-chief of the Yadus, who was Cupid in a former life? Rukmini bore him as her son from Lord Krsna, by the grace of brahmanas whom she pleased
- Of all these devotees, the gopis are recognized as superior because they do not know anything other than satisfying Krsna. Nor do the gopis expect any return from Krsna
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "I am always eager to taste the joy that Radharani derives from Me"
- One must accept the parampara system. And the best parampara is that which extends from Krsna (evam parampara-praptam (BG 4.2)). What Krsna says, we should accept (imam rajarsayo viduh). This is called the avaroha-pantha
- One must follow the avaroha-pantha, the process of descending knowledge. Therefore one must accept the parampara system. And the best parampara is that which extends from Krsna
- One old devotee said, "My dear Lord, when we are away from You we become so anxious to see You again, and there is great misery in our lives. But then, when we do see You, there immediately comes the fear of separation"
- Our movement is Krishna. The Krishna Consciousness Movement is nondifferent from Krishna. If we therefore present the Krishna Consciousness in right earnestness, then certainly all these insignificant glowworms and frogs will have no more importance
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "This young girl is trying to withdraw her mind from Krsna so that she can apply it in the material activities of sense gratification"
- Pure devotees engage themselves fully in the transcendental loving service of the Lord. Their minds cannot be diverted from the lotus feet of Krsna. Their talks are solely on the transcendental subjects. BG 1972 purports
- Satrajit had no desire to give the jewel away with his daughter, and Krsna, knowing his mentality, accepted his daughter but returned the jewel. After getting back the jewel from Krsna, he was satisfied and kept it with him always
- Simply you have to become sincere. That's all. Everything is there. But if we become cheaters, we do, say something before Krsna, before the spiritual master, before fire, and do something else, then there is no question of dictation from Krsna
- Since Krsna’s personality is full of love, His loving potency, Radharani, being nondifferent from Him, is called krsna-mayi
- Since the gross and subtle bodies are emanations from the Personality of Godhead, the knowledge of light permits one to engage both of them in the service of the Lord
- Sisupala himself should have fought to rescue Rukmini from the hands of Krsna
- Spiritual variegatedness is eternally independent of all material conditions and is nondifferent from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, both being absolute
- Sri-krsna-caitanya radha-krsna nahe anya: in the vision of a perfect devotee, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu is a combination of Radha and Krsna. One who sees Lord Caitanya to be different from Krsna is under the illusory energy of the Lord
- Srila Vyasadeva explains the Vedanta-sutra, in SB 1.1.1: I meditate upon Him (Lord Krsna), the transcendent reality, who is the primeval cause of all causes, from whom all manifested universes arise, in whom they dwell, and by whom they are destroyed
- Srimati Radharani is the principal head of all such goddesses of fortune, and therefore She is the pleasure counterpart of the Lord and is nondifferent from Krsna
- The activities of Krsna are nondifferent from Krsna Himself. As long as one is engaged in hearing such transcendental activities of Krsna, he remains aloof from the conditional life of material existence
- The aim of life is that we are now detached from God. This is our position. Material life means detached from God, detached from Krsna. So this detachment is the cause of suffering
- The Battle of Kuruksetra was actually fought by the will of the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna, as it is evident from His version, and only by His will was Yudhisthira placed on the throne of Hastinapura
- The brahmanas do not seek material comforts from Me. They are very pure and do not want to possess anything. They simply engage in My devotional service. What is the need of their asking for material benefits from anyone else?
- The gopis said, "Persons who are simply misled by the external energy, who want to be satisfied by false concepts, try to enjoy themselves apart from You (Krsna)"
- The learned brahmana Sudama did not appear to have received anything substantial from Lord Krsna while at His palace, yet he did not ask anything from the Lord
- The living entities - beginning from Lord Krsna and including millions of Visnu forms, and also the living entities in different forms, from Lord Brahma down to the small ant - are all of the same spiritual quality
- The living entity has to change that conception (of material desires). That change can be effected only by hearing from authoritative sources. The best example is here (BG): Arjuna is hearing the science of God from Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord appeared on the invitation of Brahma, who prayed before the Ksirodakasayi Visnu, and when the Lord appeared, all the forms of Visnu amalgamated with Him, and when the mission was fulfilled, all of them disintegrated from Him in the usual course
- The Lord expands Himself in innumerable forms of Godhead and living beings, along with His different energies. But Sri Krsna is the original primeval Lord from whom everything emanates
- The Lord is addressed herein as the original Personality of Godhead. From Him all other Personalities of Godhead expand. The all-pervasive Lord Visnu is Lord Krsna's plenary portion or expansion
- The Lord said to Arjuna: "Just hear from Me how one can attain the highest perfection in life simply by discharging his specified occupational duty"
- The Lord says, ye yatha mam prapadyante tams tathaiva bhajamy aham: (BG 4.11) "As the living entities surrender unto Me, I reward them accordingly." Even the karmi who wants everything for his enjoyment can get it from Krsna
- The Lord was pleased by Sanatana's submissive behavior, and He replied, "You have already received benediction from Lord Krsna, and therefore you know everything and are free from all the miseries of material existence"
- The Lord's detachment from household life does not indicate detachment from His (Krsna's) eternal associates, the transcendental cowherd damsels. But the Lord desired to end His so-called attachment to the three modes of material nature
- The material disease cannot be cured by artificial medicine. We have to take the real cure straight from Krsna
- The original creature of this universe, known as the adi-kavi, or Lord Brahma, was instructed by Krsna through the heart. After receiving these Vedic instructions from Lord Krsna Himself, Brahma distributed the knowledge by the parampara system
- The process of Krsna consciousness is to chant Hare Krsna and to hear the sound attentively so that the mind is fixed upon the transcendental vibration of Krsna's name, which is nondifferent from Krsna the personality
- The same queen said, "I take you to be a messenger from Him. If you have any such news, please tell me. Our Syamasundara is always very independent. He never comes under the control of anyone"
- The second Visnu incarnation, the Garbhodakasayi Visnu, enters each and every universe, spreads water from His body, and lies down on that water
- The surabhi offered her prayer as follows: "My dear Lord Krsna, You are the most powerful of all mystic yogis because You are the soul of the complete universe, and only from You has all this cosmic manifestation taken place"
- The teachings presented in this book are nondifferent from the Lord - CC Preface
- The tree which has produced this flower, he is benefited because he is offering his energy. Krsna consciousness means offering one's energy to Krsna. The energy is derived from Krsna; it should be offered to Krsna
- The whole creation thus merges within the body of transcendental Narayana at the time of annihilation, and the creation emanates from His body again with the same unchanging categories of fate and individual nature
- Then in the end when he (Maharaja Dhruva) was completely purified he declined to accept any material benediction from the Lord. Similarly, Gajendra was also distressed and prayed to Krsna for protection, after which he became a pure devotee
- There are many commentators, they deviate from Krsna. I do not know why. That is their nefarious motive
- There are those who are not attached to the personal form of Krsna. They are so firmly detached that even in the preparation of commentaries to Bhagavad-gita they want to distract other people from Krsna
- There is a difference, however, between asking material benedictions from the demigods and asking them from Krsna
- These innumerable universes are produced from the pores of the Maha-Visnu's body. As innumerable particles of dust pass through the tiny holes in a screen, similarly from the pores of the Maha-Visnu's body innumerable universes emanate
- This chapter (BG 11) reveals Krsna as the cause of all causes. He is even the cause of the Maha-Visnu, and from Him the material universes emanate. BG 1972 purports
- This is a very powerful transcendental method (hearing about Krsna) for purging the mind of all misgivings. The more one hears about Krsna, the more one becomes enlightened & detached from everything that draws the mind away from Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- This is practice of yoga. Not to allow the mind to go away from Krsna
- To give knowledge there are many, many parties, but when we receive knowledge from the Supreme, that is all-inclusive
- Vedic knowledge is called sruti learning by aural reception. One should actually receive the Vedic message from authorities like Krsna and His representatives. BG 1972 purports
- Vedic knowledge means the instruction given by Krsna to the first living being, Lord Brahma. Janmady asya yatah. From Krsna everything is born, everything is emanated
- Visnu said: With a steady mind and controlled sex drive, you worshiped Me, desiring some wonderful benediction from Me. Both of you (Prsni and Sutapa) practiced severe austerities for twelve thousand years by the calculation of the demigods
- We are getting knowledge from Krsna, the most perfect. Or you get knowledge from Jesus Christ, that is also perfect, because source is perfect. I am taking knowledge from God and you are taking the knowledge from the son of God
- We are not interested now about calculation the perfect knowledge. This perfect knowledge comes from God, or Krsna, and it is distributed by parampara system, by disciplic succession
- We can get this seed of transcendental devotional service from Sri Krsna, the Personality of Godhead Himself, in His transcendental message of Bhagavad-gita
- We have accepted the senses from Krsna. It should be used for Krsna. Instead of using it for Krsna, we are using it for our sense gratification. This is our miserable condition of life. like living in a place for which you have to pay rent, but you don't
- We have to increase the attachment. Krsna is already attractive, but we are trying to go away from Krsna. This is our business. "Krsna may not touch me." We are so clever that "Krsna may not touch me." This is maya
- We must receive bona fide information from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, just as Arjuna received information when Krsna spoke the Bhagavad-gita
- Whatever He (Krsna) instructs is from the transcendental platform, and His instructions, being absolute, are nondifferent from Him
- Whatever money we are getting it is from Krishna, so nothing should be misspent
- Whatever we see, very superior or inferior, good or bad, that is all from Krsna. "Bad is also Krsna?" Yes. Bad is also Krsna because there cannot be anything existing without Krsna - no existentional position
- When a devotee is always intensely affected by love for Krsna in a direct relationship with Him - or even a little apart from Him - his status is called existential ecstatic love
- When one is always engaged in Krsna consciousness, in the service of Krsna, then how is it possible for the mind to wander away from Krsna? In the service of Krsna, the mind is automatically controlled
- Yogis, jnanis, karmis and Vedantists cannot even approach Krsna; they must remain very, very far away from Him and try to enter His bodily effulgence, although this also they are unable to do
- You should always remember that whatever we are doing, it is in the parampara system beginning from Lord Krsna, down to us. Therefore, our loving spirit should be more upon the message than the physical representation