Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
foster | fostered | fostering | fosters
Pages in category "Foster"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- A civilization that does not consider the progressive advancement of the immortal soul merely fosters a bestial life of ignorance
- After Akrura was thus properly received and seated, Nanda Maharaja, the foster father of Krsna, said, "My dear Akrura, what shall I inquire from you? I know that you are being protected by Kamsa, who is most cruel and demoniac"
- Although Krsna was the real son of Vasudeva and Devaki, because of Kamsa's atrocious activities Vasudeva could not enjoy the birth ceremony of his son. But Nanda Maharaja, the foster father, celebrated the birth ceremony of Krsna very joyfully
- Krsna appeared as a foster son of Nanda Maharaja. And Krsna is very delighted when He is connected with some of His devotees names
- Krsna continued, "Although My foster father possessed many hundreds of thousands of cows, I (Krsna) was not the proprietor of even one of them. I was simply entrusted with taking care of them and tending them, but I was not the proprietor"
- Krsna continued, "People expected that I would follow in the footsteps of My foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and be faithful to Srimati Radharani and all Her friends in the village of Vrndavana. But all of a sudden I left them"
- Krsna's foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and his associates were all vaisyas. They were not at all educated, but they could serve Krsna by loving Him and by offering everything to Him
- Let me take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, who has descended in the form of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to teach us real knowledge, His devotional service and detachment from whatever does not foster Krsna consciousness
- Lord Caitanya therefore teaches direct worship of Lord Krsna, who appeared as the foster child of the King of Vraja
- Nanda Maharaj is the foster father of Krsna, and out of all of the friends of Krsna, Subala is the most intimate in Brajabhumi
- Nanda Maharaja, the foster father of Lord Krsna, began to satisfy the desires of all the men assembled there. He respectfully received them and gave them in charity whatever they desired
- Narada then said, "Yes, you (Nalakuvera and Manigriva) shall become trees, arjuna trees, and you will stand at the courtyard of Nanda Maharaj. But Krsna Himself will appear in time as the foster son of Nanda, and He will deliver you"
- The damsels in Vrajadhama were girls born of the vaisya class, and they engaged in protecting cows and producing agriculture. Krsna's foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and his associates were all vaisyas
- The Nagapatnis said, "My Lord, although he (Kaliya) is born in a species of life which is fostered by the most abominable mode of material nature, accompanied with the quality of anger, this king of the serpents has achieved something very, very rare"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is present in everyone's heart, fostering the reactions of sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna
- What we need to do is to revive this relationship which has merged into oblivion because the covering and detaching process of the illusory energy, called maya, has fostered temporary forgetfulness
- When Krsna appeared within the bars of Kamsa's prison house, He was transferred by Vasudeva to the house of Nanda Maharaja, the foster father of Krsna, at Gokula
- When Lord Krsna was present in this material world to manifest His eternal pastimes of the transcendental realm of Goloka Vrndavana as an attraction for the people in general, He displayed a unique picture of subordination before His foster mother, Yasoda
- When Nanda Maharaj saw his foster son, Krsna, embarrassed in the sacrificial arena of Kamsa, he said, "How unfortunate I am that I did not keep my son bolted within a room"