Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
fort | fortification | fortifications | fortified | fortify | fortitude | fortress | fortresses | fortresslike | forts
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Forts (3 P)
Pages in category "Fort"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A king is always protected by seven elements - his instructor (svami or guru), his ministers, his kingdom, his fort, his treasury, his royal order and his friends
- A king is not alone. He first has his spiritual master, the supreme guide. Then come his ministers, his kingdom, his fortifications, his treasury, his system of law and order, and his friends or allies
- All these jewels (of the Red Fort) have been taken away when British government was there, and they are now protected in the British museum
- Anyone who has seen the Red Fort in Delhi must have marked that the walls are made of marble and were once decorated with jewels. During the British period all these jewels were taken away and dispatched to the British Museum
- As a fort commander very easily conquers invading plunderers, by taking shelter of a wife one can conquer the senses, which are unconquerable in the other social orders
- As a king in a strong fortress can conquer powerful enemies, so a householder in grhastha-asrama, household life, can conquer the lusty desires of youth and be very secure when he takes vanaprastha and sannyasa
- As a moat around a fort is sometimes surrounded by gardenlike forest, the saltwater ocean surrounding Jambudvipa is itself surrounded by Plaksadvipa
- Displaying the emotions of Hanuman, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took up a large tree branch and, mounting the walls of the Lanka fort, began to dismantle it
- Durga energy means this material energy. Durga means fort. Duh means difficult, and ga means going. Dur-ga. So because the nature is feminine, therefore it is called Durga
- Jarasandha was so powerful in military strength that he had conquered all these princes and kings, numbering 20,800. They were all incarcerated within a mountain cave especially constructed as a fort, and for a long time they were kept in that situation
- Just like if the fort is defended by a great general, then there is no question of entering of the enemy, similarly, if we put Krsna on the fort of the mind, then there is no chance of entering of the enemies
- Once upon a time, Subhadra, seated on a chariot, came out of the palace fort to see the gods in the temple. Arjuna took this opportunity, and with the permission of Vasudeva and Devaki he kidnapped her
- One who is situated in household life and who systematically conquers his mind and five sense organs is like a king in his fortress who conquers his powerful enemies
- The beautiful Red Fort and the Taj Mahal were built by Shah Jahan, who left the place long ago, and many others have also come and gone in the same place, like seasonal flowers
- The bodily senses are considered plunderers of the fort of the body. The wife is supposed to be the commander of the fort, and therefore whenever there is an attack on the body by the senses, it is the wife who protects the body from being smashed
- The next fortification (Bhaumasura's capital city) was of anila, a gaseous substance. After this, there was a network of barbed wire constructed by a demon of the name Mura
- There were walls like those in the palace of Maharaja Uttanapada even very recently, during the Mogul period. Anyone who has seen the Red Fort in Delhi must have marked that the walls are made of marble and were once decorated with jewels