Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Following Devotional Service to God
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Strictly Following Devotional Service to God (2 C, 14 P)
Pages in category "Following Devotional Service to God"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- Devotional service following in the footsteps of the gopis of Vrndavana or the queens at Dvaraka is called devotional service in conjugal love
- Devotional service is the path of vairagya-vidya (renunciation and knowledge). Haridasa Thakura was following this path, but Ramacandra Khan planned to induce him to break his vows
- Each and every one of these processes is so powerful that if anyone follows even one single one of them, he can achieve the desired perfection without fail
- Ecstatic love of Godhead can be potently invoked simply by following the rules and regulations of devotional service as they are prescribed in scriptures, under the direction of a bona fide spiritual master
- Execution of devotional service is prescribed first with enthusiasm and patience. One can execute this transcendental activities staying as he is, but he must follow and try to apply in practical life the instructions as they are given in the BG or SB
- In following the regulative principles of devotional service, there is a stage called anartha-nivrtti, which means the disappearance of all material contamination
- In the bhakti-marga, the path of devotional service, one must strictly follow the regulative principles by first controlling the tongue
- In the path of devotional service there are no impediments due to degraded birth and occupation. The path is open for everyone who agrees to follow it
- One should be very careful to defend the (bhakti) creeper by fencing it in - that is, by following the regulative principles and associating with pure devotees
- One should not try to elevate himself artificially to the stage of prema-bhakti without seriously following the regulative principles of sadhana-bhakti
- One who patiently follows the regulative principles of devotional service, the time will undoubtedly come when he will achieve the desired result, just as the females reap results by becoming pregnant
- The bhakti process, as performed under the regulative principles of vaidhi-bhakti, or devotional service following the prescribed rules and regulations, is defined by the revealed scriptures and confirmed by great acaryas
- The gosvamis do not deliver lectures on the Bhagavatam capriciously. Rather, they execute their services most carefully, following their predecessors who delivered the spiritual message unbroken to them
- The great sage Narada told Dhruva Maharaja: The instruction given by your mother, Suniti, to follow the path of devotional service to the SPG, is just suitable for you. You should therefore completely absorb yourself in the devotional service of the Lord
- There is a statement about Maharaj Ambarisa, who followed every one of the devotional processes
- Thinking in this way, Venkata Bhatta believed that worship of Narayana was the supreme form of worship, superior to all other processes of devotional service, for it was followed by the Sri Vaisnava disciples of Ramanujacarya
- This system is still followed by many devotees. They go to Mathura or Vrndavana and stay there during the month of Karttika specifically to perform devotional services during this period
- Those who follow the process of knowledge realize Him as impersonal Brahman; those who follow the process of yoga realize Him as the localized Supersoul; and those who follow the process of devotional service realize Him as Krsna
- Those who follow this imperishable path of devotional service and who completely engage themselves with faith, making Me the supreme goal, are very, very dear to Me
- To act under the direction of spiritual master... Spiritual master directs means he knows sastra. According to the direction of sastra or acaryas, he gives direction. And if we follow, that is called sadhana-bhakti
- To be elevated to the platform of devotional service, the following five items should be observed: association with devotees, engagement in the service of Krsna, the reading of SB, the chanting of the holy names and residence at Vrndavana or Mathura
- To come to this platform of confidence or Krsna consciousness, there is training. That training is called viddhi-marga, regulative principles, following the regulative principles
- When by good fortune one comes in contact with a pure devotee and hears from him patiently, one begins to follow the path of devotional service. Such an opportunity is offered to a person who is sincere
- Without following the above-mentioned ten principles, one cannot properly elevate himself to the platform of sadhana-bhakti, or devotional service in practice