Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
floors | floor | flooring
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya's Lying on The Floor (1 P)
Pages in category "Floor"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- A student is sent to gurukula for practicing brahmacarya. This is tapasya, not comfortable life. Lying down on the floor, going door-to-door for begging alms for guru. But they are not tired
- After cleansing the rooms and floors such kind of auspicious paintings are done every morning or in every ceremony. In Bhagavad-gita is is said that they are part and parcel of religious life. In most cases these engagements are meant for the women
- After reading the verse, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went into an ecstatic mood. While He was in that state, Srila Rupa Gosvami came and immediately fell down on the floor like a rod
- After saying this, Nityananda Prabhu took a handful of rice and threw it on the floor in front of Him, as if He were angry
- As far as bedding is concerned, the ascetic should be content with simply lying on the floor. The purpose for undergoing such severe austerities is to become a devotee of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna
- As such, he (Prahlad) used to shed tears and lie down on the floor as though unconscious
- At the present moment people are very proud of their architectural art, yet floors are generally decorated with colored cement. It appears, however, that the castle constructed by the yogic powers of Kardama Muni had floors of emerald with coral daises
- I am (Lord Caitanya) in the renounced order, and therefore I must lie on the floor. For Me to use a bedstead, quilt or pillow would be very shameful
- I thank you very much that you have already allotted a nice apartment for me, an entire first floor, so if I had the wings of a dove I could fly immediately to Brooklyn and enter my apartment
- If there is lack of qualified brahmanas, men without sacred thread may be employed to cleanse the floor and other things which do not require their touching or gazing upon the deity at close quarter
- In this way, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first washed the main temple and then thoroughly washed the ceiling, the walls, the floor, the sitting place (simhasana) and everything else within the room
- It is not advancement of civilization when you think that you have got good apartment, good house, and sleeping in a nice bedstead, and the cat and dog is lying on the floor or in the street. No. She sleeping; when you sleep, the enjoyment is as good
- Kalindi said: "Knowing me to be performing austerities with the desire to touch His feet, He came with His friend Arjuna and accepted my hand. Yet I am but a maidservant engaged in sweeping the floor of the house of Sri Krsna"
- Krsna's pleasure wanted. If Krsna sees that by washing the floor you are doing very nicely, Krsna is pleased: "Oh, you are nice." Similarly, one man is decorating Krsna with garland and... If Krsna is pleased, that is the main point
- One can simply sweep over the floor of Krsna's temple. That will make him remembering Krsna, that "I am cleansing the floor of Krsna's temple." He's as good as the editor of Back to Godhead
- One should not introduce any opposing scripture. 24) One should not chew betel before the Deity. 25) One should not offer a flower which was kept in an unclean pot. 26) One should not worship the Lord while sitting on the bare floor
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu Himself and His devotees began to throw water onto the ceiling. When this water fell, it washed the walls and floor
- Suppose we are worshiping Deity. That is the duty of brahmana; but somebody is called that "You cleanse this floor." So he should not think that "I am cleansing the floor; therefore I am lower than the person directly worshiping the Deity." No
- The bedrooms were all bedecked with jewels, and the floors were mosaic pavements of marakata jewels. The Visnu Deity, worshiped by the descendants of Yadu, was installed in each house in the city
- The boy is supposed to lie down on the floor, collect alms for the spiritual master - not that they are trying very hard to make a comfortable material arrangement
- The elder gopis said, "Sometimes, being unable to steal our butter and yogurt, out of anger They (Krsna and Balarama) pass urine on the clean floor and sometimes spit on it"
- The following offenses are listed: (f) to sit on the altar or to sit on the floor to worship the Deity (without a seat), (g) to touch the Deity with the left hand while bathing the Deity, (h) to worship the Deity with a stale or used flower
- The lady continued, "While engaged in cleaning their houses and washing their floors, they (the gopis) are always absorbed in thought of Krsna"
- The pillars of the houses and palaces (in Dvaraka) were bedecked with jewels such as touchstone, sapphire and emerald, and the floors gave off a beautiful luster
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of making paintings on the floor with a liquid paste of rice and flour; such paintings are very popular at auspicious ceremonies performed at household affairs or in the temple
- They are lamenting such, "A great man has passed away." But what is that such great man? He is lying on the floor, on the bed, the same man. So why you are seeing that he has gone? Then who has gone? You have never seen him who has gone
- They could go out and make thousands of dollars a month as educators and skilled professional men, still they prefer to live with me and eat only a little rice from the floor, and sleep on the cold ground without cover
- Uddhava was similarly received (like Krsna) by Kubja and her girlfriends, but he did not want to sit on an equal level with Krsna, and thus he simply sat down on the floor
- Upon seeing this unique feature (Radha-Krsna) of Lord Caitanya, Ramananda Raya fainted and fell to the floor. Lord Caitanya then touched him, and he came to his senses
- We need the place for our own accommodation. Therefore vacant possession is essential. The best thing will be that let them give us possession of the ground floor and we are prepared to pay them proportionately immediately
- When one is living, a big man, nobody can go before him or touch him - there are so many guards. But the same man, when he's dead, if he's lying on the floor, if somebody kicks on his face, nobody cares, finished
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the great gardener, sees that people are chanting, dancing and laughing and that some of them are rolling on the floor and some are making loud humming sounds, He smiles with great pleasure
- When the demigods came before Krsna, instead of sitting on golden chairs, the sons sat down on the floor, which was covered with deerskin
- When they entered the temple, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya offered Caitanya Mahaprabhu a seat, while he himself sat down on the floor out of due respect for a sannyasi
- Without replying to a word of Krsna’s statement, she (Rukmini) simply cried in great anxiety, as if drowning in an ocean of grief. She silently scratched the floor with her toenails, which reflected reddish light on the floor