Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Five Kinds of Life Air
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Five Kinds of Life Air"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- The air of life
- The apana-vayu goes downwards, vyana-vayu acts to shrink and expand, samana-vayu adjusts equilibrium, udana-vayu goes upwards - and when one is enlightened, one engages all these in searching for self-realization
- The five kinds of obstacles, or uneven roads, represent the five kinds of air passing within the body. These are prana, apana, udana, samana and vyana
- The hatha-yoga system is meant for controlling the five kinds of air encircling the pure soul by different kinds of sitting postures - not for any material profit, but for liberation of the minute soul from the entanglement of the material atmosphere
- The ten kinds of air are described as follows: Subtler than these five airs (prana, apana, samana, udana, and vyana), there are others also. That which facilitates the opening of the eyes, mouth, etc., is called naga air
- The vital force of a living entity includes the five kinds of air working within the body, which are known as prana, apana, vyana, samana and udana
- This atomic soul is floating in the five kinds of air (prana, apana, vyana, samana and udana), is situated within the heart, and spreads its influence all over the body of the embodied living entities
- When one is sleeping, the life air remains active in different dreams. The five hoods of the snake indicate that the life air is surrounded by five kinds of air, known as prana, apana, vyana, udana and samana
- When the soul is purified from the contamination of the five kinds of material air, its spiritual influence is exhibited