Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
excel | excelled | excellence | excelling | excels
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Excellence"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- After hearing this plan of Kamsa's, Akrura replied, “My dear King, your plan is very excellently made to counteract the hindrances to your diplomatic activities"
- Although Citraketu provided one example of tolerance and excellence, all the devotees who have taken shelter of the Lord as eternal servants are glorious. They have no eagerness to be happy by being placed in the heavenly planets
- Among the minute living entities, one being can excel another in one capacity or another. Like each of these living entities, the Lord is an individual, but He is different in that He is the supreme individual
- I (Lord Siva) can impartially judge that this devotee, Citraketu, has defeated you (Parvati) and your excellence simply by becoming a pure devotee of the Lord
- I want that we shall excel the Caitanya Math. They have been struggling for the last 50 years, and we shall surpass them in two years
- If someone excels another person, the devotee who is excelled thinks how fortunate the other person is to be advancing in devotional service. Such nonenvy is typical of Vaikuntha. However, when one is envious of his competitor, that is material
- In the transcendental world a devotee is never envious of another devotee on account of his excellence but on the contrary if a devotee finds some excellence in other devotees he eulogizes the devotee admitting his own subordinate position
- In this way, from distant villages he collects excellent bananas, mangoes, oranges, jackfruits and whatever other first-class fruits he has heard about
- The black siliceous stone on which gold is rubbed to test its value always looks very beautiful, being streaked with gold lines. Yet the chest of the Lord excels even such a stone in its beauty
- The brahmanas were so satisfied by this charitable action (after Krsna's appearance) that they were obliged to say that the charity of Nanda Maharaj had excelled the charity of such past kings as Maharaj Prthu and Nrga
- The demigods in the higher level of material existence many, many times excel the most well-to-do human beings, in duration of life, beauty, wealth, paraphernalia, and in all other respects
- The fifth excellence of Lord Krsna's appearance is that He established the most excellent of all religious principles by His one statement in the Bhagavad-gita that simply by surrendering unto Him one can discharge all the principles of religious rites
- The first excellence is that before Lord Krsna's appearance in the Yadu family, the river Ganges was known as the purest of all things; even impure things could be purified simply by touching the water of the Ganges
- The name "Radha" is derived from the root word aradhana, which means "worship." The personality who excels all in worshiping Krsna may therefore be called Radhika, the greatest servitor
- The next excellence of Lord Krsna's appearance was that although He apparently gave protection to the devotees and annihilated the demons, both the devotees and the demons achieved the same result
- The third excellence of Lord Krsna's appearance was that the goddess of fortune, who is worshiped by demigods like Lord Brahma, Indra and Candra, remained always engaged in the service of the Lord, even though the Lord gave more preference to the gopis
- The Vrndavana people were ordinary men, agriculturists, taking care of the cows. They were not Vedantists, not philosopher, not scientist. Ordinary. But what is their credit? The credit is nobody could love Krsna excelling them. That was their credit
- There (in Goloka) the Lord plays His flute, His eyes are like lotus petals, and the color of His body is like that of a beautiful cloud. On His head is a peacock feather. He is so attractive that He excels thousands of Cupids
- Those who have no faith even after hearing about Krsna and the excellence of devotional service, who think that it is simply eulogy, find the path very difficult, even if they are supposedly engaged in devotional service