Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
entrap | entrapment | entrapped | entrapping | entraps
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Entrapment (2 P)
Pages in category "Entrapped"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- A living entity's entrapment in different species of life is due to the misapplication of his mind
- Acyuta means infallible. God cannot be entrapped by maya. The Mayavadi philosopher says that "I am God. Now I am under illusion of maya. I have forgotten myself, that I am God, and by meditation I shall become God." This is all nonsense
- All living beings in the material world have taken up the risk of conditioned life by their own selection and are thus entrapped by the laws of material nature
- Anyway, I am so much relieved to hear from you, and I was sure that you could not actually be entrapped by Maya. I have always been confident of your steadiness in Krsna Consciousness
- Because woman is especially created by the Lord to give service to man. By accepting her service, a man is entrapped. If he is not intelligent enough to know that she is the gateway to hellish life, he may indulge in her association very liberally
- Birth after birth the conditioned soul is entrapped with so many pleasing and displeasing elements, which are all false and temporary
- By the instruction of a bona fide spiritual master, a living entity can know of his spiritual position, his material body, his senses, how he is entrapped, and how he is under the spell of the material modes of nature
- I am glad to see in your letter indication that within very short time, you have been entrapped by Lord Krishna's Grace and you have expressed your transcendental feelings in such a nice way
- I see "This is beautiful." I am entrapped. Is it not?
- I think as Bon Maharaja poisoned the mind of Hrsikesa, similarly these boys have been entrapped by Parvat. This Parvat is one of the disciples of my God-brother but he is so salient that he has not replied to my letters
- If leaders & rich men spend fifty percent of their accumulated wealth mercifully for the misled people & educate them in KC, the knowledge of Bhagavatam, certainly the age of Kali will be defeated in its attempt to entrap the conditioned souls
- In these days they cannot understand that "This material body is a foreign element, and somehow or other I am victimized, I am entrapped within this body." This problem is real problem. But they do not know. And this is called avidya, ignorance
- It is explained in the Vedic literature that the living entities entrapped in different species of life are part and parcel of the Supreme Lord
- Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time
- Krsna says, ye tu bhajanti mam bhaktya. One who is, I mean to say, entrapped in such love affairs with God, don't think that God is forgotten. God is also thinking in that way. Although you do not see, but you see
- Material resources are offered to the living entity for his peaceful living & for the discharge of the duties of self-realization in conditioned life. But due to false identification, the conditioned soul becomes entrapped by the sense of false ownership
- Maya has many ways to entrap us, and her strongest shackle is the female. Of course, in actuality we are neither male nor female, for these designations refer only to the outer dress, the body
- Mayavada philosophy enunciates that the whole spirit exists, but a part of it, which is called the jiva, is entrapped by illusion. This philosophy, however, is unacceptable because spirit cannot be divided like a fragment of matter
- So long we are entrapped with the bodily concept of life, there is no question of spiritual life. That is the beginning. What is that? Dehino 'smin yatha dehe kaumaram yauvanam jara, tatha dehantara-praptih
- So there is no question of making it vacant or void. To fill up the place with better things. So when you think of Krsna, then you forget maya. Otherwise you are entrapped with maya
- Sometimes the question arises why the Supreme Lord has created this material world, which is so full of suffering for the living entities entrapped in it
- Sridhara Swami said, "My dear Lord, I am eternally a part of You, but I have been entrapped by the material potencies, which are also an emanation from You"
- The anu, vibhinnamsa jiva, when he comes within this material world, he becomes entrapped or his that jyoti... In the previous verse you have studied jyoti. Vibhinnamsa living entity, we are also jyoti
- The captivated conditioned souls under the influence of the external energy, maya, are therefore entrapped in the network of the material nature
- The deer in the flower garden is an allegory used by the great sage Narada to point out to the King that the King himself is similarly entrapped by such surroundings
- The embodied soul is entrapped by the body, which is a casing made of the twenty-four elements, and the process of knowledge as described here is the means to get out of it
- The example of Kardama Muni should be understood very clearly; a person whose main concern is Krsna consciousness, even if he is entrapped in household life, should always be ready to leave household enticement as soon as possible
- The living entity is entrapped by the material body and conditioned in three stages, namely while awake, asleep and unconscious. The mind acts throughout all three conditions of life
- The Lord does not bestow material blessings upon the devotees, for they may be entrapped again in this material world by continuous birth, death, old age and disease
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, because we are now surrendered souls at Your lotus feet, You can give us relief from the entrapment of fruitive action made possible by the form of Jarasandha"
- The so-called liberation of thinking oneself God is that last reaction of avidya by which the living entity is entrapped
- This position of rightly understanding oneself cuts the knot of material attraction. Due to false ego, or false identification of oneself with the body and the material world, one is entrapped by maya
- Thus being advised by his demoniac ministers, Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time
- To understand what is the soul, to understand what is the need of the soul, why he is entrapped within this material body, how the soul can be liberated, and after liberation, what is the function of the soul - these things are our subject matter
- Vasudeva continued, "In the bodily concept of life, due to false egotism one is attached to the offspring of the body, and thus everyone in conditioned life is entrapped by false relationships and false affection"
- Visnu-maya means sense enjoyment, which is transient and miserable. Those who are entrapped by visnu-maya utilize advancement of knowledge for sense enjoyment
- When he (the living entity) is entrapped by material energy, he is conditioned, and when he is Krsna conscious, or aware of the spiritual energy, then he is in his real and natural state of life
- When the living entity is entrapped by the material body, he at once identifies with the bodily relationships, forgetting his own identity as spirit soul