Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
entangle | entangled | entanglement | entanglements | entangles | entangling
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Entanglement"
The following 82 pages are in this category, out of 82 total.
- A human being's only business is inquiring from a bona fide spiritual master about extrication from the entanglement of karma-bandha-phansa
- According to Manu's law, when a person commits murder, punishment is beneficial for him because if he is not killed he might commit more and more murders and therefore be entangled in his future lives for having killed so many persons
- Akrura continued, "By Your (Krsna's) grace only, I can understand that my home, my wife, my children & my worldly possessions are all bonds to material existence. Please cut the knot & save me from this entanglement of false society, friendship & love"
- Although He (Lord Caitanya) was a brahmana and was not rich, He took sannyasa, the renounced order of life, and thus extricated Himself from family entanglement
- Anarthas, unwanted things, come down from one bodily life to another. To get out of this entanglement, one has to take to the devotional service of Lord Vasudeva, Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- As the fish, being entangled, he struggles for existence, how to get out of the net... He's not peaceful. You will find, as soon as caught he's up in the net, "Fut! Fut! Fut! Fut! Fut!" He wants to get out
- Bhagavad-gita can be consulted in all critical times, not only for solace from all kinds of mental agonies, but also for the way out of great entanglements which may embarrass one in some critical hour
- By our past deeds and by the arrangement of superior authority, we are entangled in a network of fruitive activities and have lost sight of the destination of life; thus we have been wandering within the universe
- By the law of karma a common man is perpetually entangled in repeated birth and death, whereas a devotee’s distress and happiness, not being under the laws of karma, are part of a temporary arrangement by the Supreme Lord
- Entangled means now I have got this human form of body, but according to my desire at the time of death I may get another body, which may not be human form of body
- Entangled seer of the dream
- Even for the most highly educated person on the mundane plane, it is impossible to get out of the entanglement of maya simply by theoretical knowledge
- He who is satisfied with gain which comes of its own accord, who is free from duality and does not envy, who is steady in both success and failure, is never entangled, although performing actions
- Human being's only business is inquiring from a bona fide spiritual master about extrication from the entanglement of karma-bandha-phansa
- If a grown man were put into such a condition as the child within the abdomen, completely entangled in all respects, it would be impossible for him to live even for a few seconds
- If one finds himself entangled in worldly connections, one should behave outwardly like a worldly man but remain inwardly faithful for spiritual realization. That will help one on the progressive march of life
- If we want to be free from the entanglement of this karma, then we must work for Krsna. Krsna's another name is Yajna, Yajnabhuja, Visnu
- If you do not understand that "Here is a chance to get me free out of this entanglement," if you don't take the chance, are you not the lowest of the mankind?
- If you do not work for pleasing Krsna, then that work will entangle you in the cycle of birth and death
- In all the activities of creation and annihilation, the living entity is entangled in fruitive activities, which are executed by the illusory energy, maya. He is exactly like a computer handled by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam there is this statement: "My dear Krsna, I cannot say that it is only other people who are implicated in material existence, because I too am much entangled with the bodily concept of life"
- It is not that to save oneself from death one should entangle oneself in sinful activities. This is not good
- It is said that Sukadeva Gosvami, on this consideration, remained for sixteen years within the womb of his mother; he did not want to be entangled in false bodily identification
- It is the duty of all saintly persons to follow in the footsteps of Narada Muni and travel all over the world to every country and village just to instruct illusioned persons about the goal of life and to save them from the entanglement of karma-bandha
- Jnanis try to get out of entanglement by philosophical speculation, but they have no standing in the liberated position. Because they do not take shelter under the lotus feet of the Lord, they fall down from the exalted position of Brahman realization
- Just like an expert lawyer, he can get out of the entanglement of law by jugglery of words and interpretation, he is called a big lawyer, similarly, there are philosophers who can put different theories and not admit the existence of God
- King Anga, although a pious devotee, got an unfortunate wife like Sunitha and later on a bad child like Vena. But the result was that he got complete freedom from the entanglement of family life and left home to go back to Godhead
- King Pracinabarhisat found the best spiritual master, Narada Muni, and he therefore asked him about that knowledge by which one can get out of the entanglement of karma-bandha-phansa, fruitive activities. This is the actual business of human life
- Krsna consciousness movement means we are teaching people how to get out of this entanglement of birth, death, old age and disease and become as good as God
- Mucukunda continued, "By Your causeless mercy (Krsna's) only have I lost all my material opulences, my kingdom and my family. I do not think I could have gotten rid of all these entanglements without Your causeless mercy"
- Mucukunda continued, "You (Krsna) are the S P of Godhead, and You can offer me anything I want, including liberation. But who is such a fool that after pleasing You he would ask from You something which might cause entanglement in this material world"
- Narada Muni advised the Haryasvas not to enter household life. Since they were already advanced in spiritual knowledge, why should they be entangled in that way?
- Narada Muni asked them (the Haryasvas) to consider why they should follow their father's order to be entangled in family life
- Nature, under the order of Krsna, is giving chances to us, giving chance to us to come out of the entanglement of birth and death
- Nescience, or maya, may be called 'bandhu' because she entangles everyone in the material world. Therefore by using the word 'bandhu-han,' mother Sarasvati says that Lord Krsna is the vanquisher of maya
- One can avoid this entanglement of birth, death, old age and disease simply by becoming Krsna conscious
- One cannot be happy by simply executing pious or impious activities. Such activities simply cause entanglement and transmigration from one body to another. Narottama dasa Thakura calls this karma-bandha-phansa
- One who cannot understand this difference between the soul and the Supersoul, or God and the living entities, is certainly still in the entanglement of the cosmic machinery and thus must still await the time when he will be free from bondage
- One's devotional service is spoiled when he becomes too entangled in the following six activities: eating more than necessary or collecting more funds than required
- Others, however, are always vanquished. Vanquished means that after getting this human form of life, a person does not come out of the entanglement of birth and death and thus misses his golden opportunity
- That fragmental portion, when liberated from the bodily entanglement, revives its original spiritual body in the spiritual sky in a spiritual planet and enjoys association with the Supreme Lord
- The gopis are always liberated souls because they are fully in Krsna consciousness. They only pretended to be entangled in household affairs in Vrndavana
- The influence of the modes of nature is very strong. The living entity entangled in different types of fruitive activity is like a silkworm trapped in a cocoon. Getting free is very difficult unless he is helped by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The karmis work hard day and night for some bodily comfort, and the jnanis simply speculate about how to get out of the entanglement of karma and merge into the Brahman effulgence
- The living entities are not actually enjoyer. They are suffering. They are becoming entangled because by this enjoying spirit we are developing different types of mentality, and at the time of death, according to that mentality, I get the next body
- The Lord is so kind to the devotee who is fully surrendered to His lotus feet that even though the devotee sometimes falls into the entanglement of vikarma - acts against the Vedic directions - the Lord at once rectifies such mistakes from within
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we think that there are many living entities like us who are eternally entangled in fruitive activities and their reactions"
- The messenger said, "We have been entangled in the network of material reactions due to our ignorance"
- There are many processes for delivering the living entity from this life of entanglement. Generally it is summarized in the process of meditation, performances of great sacrifices and worshiping the Lord in the temple
- This (process of knowledge) is actually the means to get out of the entanglement of those (twenty-four) elements
- Those who are interested only in a so-called beautiful life - namely remaining as a householder entangled by sons and a wife and searching after wealth - think that such things are life's ultimate goal
- Thus by direct meetings, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu delivered the three worlds. Some people, however, were entangled in material activities and could not go
- To increase too much of these necessities of life, that is anartha. That is not required. So we have now increased the so many unwanted things, and we have been entangled
- Vasudeva continued, "I am therefore taking shelter of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet, which alone can give one liberation from the entanglement of material existence"
- Vasudeva said, "The foolish person who cannot realize Your (Krsna) transcendental identity above all these material reactions continues in the entanglement of fruitive activity and is subjected to the continuous process of birth and death"
- We have got now this human form of body, and according to our, I mean to say, affection or infection to different qualities of the nature, we are creating another body. So in this way we are entangled
- When one man is ghostly haunted, he speaks so many nonsense. Similarly, when one is entangled by the illusory energy, maya, he also speaks all nonsense
- Why should you go and kill animals for the satisfaction of the tongue? That is not allowed. Then you will be again entangled. Otherwise, to keep your body in nice condition, you eat all these things which is meant for the human being
- You have to get out from this entanglement by this yoga, or perfect yoga of Krsna consciousness
- You may be a brahmana, you may be a ksatriya, you may be a sudra. It doesn't matter. If you act according to the order of Krsna, by the order of Krsna, then your karma will not entangle you. Because or you are doing according to the order of Krsna