Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
eclipse | eclipsed | eclipses
Pages in category "Eclipse"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- According to the Jyotir-veda, a lunar eclipse takes place when the Rahu planet comes in front of the full moon
- After the eclipse, all the members of the Yadu dynasty again took their baths in the lakes created by Lord Parasurama. Then they sumptuously fed the brahmanas with first-class cooked food, all prepared in butter
- All people thus chanted the Hare Krsna maha-mantra during the lunar eclipse, and their minds were struck with wonder
- All strict followers of the Vedic religion stand up in the water throughout the whole period of the eclipse and chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Among the women present at Kuruksetra during the solar eclipse were Kunti, Gandhari, Draupadi, Subhadra and the queens of many other kings, as well as the gopis from Vrndavana
- Arriving in Kuruksetra, the members of the Yadu dynasty took baths ceremoniously, with self-control, as enjoined in the sastras, & they observed fasting for the whole period of the eclipse in order to nullify the reactions of their sinful activities
- As an astrologer can see the future fate of a man, or an astronomer can foretell the solar and lunar eclipses, liberated souls can foretell the future of all mankind by seeing through the scriptures
- At other times Krsna went to Kuruksetra from His paternal home (Dvaraka) during the solar eclipse, and at these times the residents of Vrndavana also went to see Him there
- Being very afraid of Lord Visnu's cakra, Rahu cannot stay in front of the sun or moon for more than a muhurta (forty-eight minutes). The phenomenon that occurs when Rahu blocks the light of the sun or moon is called an eclipse
- By astronomical calculation, people were informed about this great eclipse prior to its taking place, and therefore everyone, both men and women, decided to assemble at the holy place in Kuruksetra known as Samanta-pancaka
- During a solar eclipse, the Lord came from Dvaraka and met the inhabitants of Vrndavana at Samanta-pancaka
- During a solar eclipse, the Lord came from Dvaraka and met the inhabitants of Vrndavana at Samanta-pancaka. The meeting was intensely painful for the damsels of Vrajabhumi because Lord Krsna had apparently left them to reside at Dvaraka
- During the hours of eclipse it was the custom of the Hindu public to take bath in the Ganges or any other sacred river and chant the Vedic mantras for purification
- In the same way that the sun and moon are eclipsed by a low planet, the brahmana lost all his good sense
- In this way all the devotees, wherever they were situated, in every city and every country, danced, performed sankirtana and gave charity by mental strength on the plea of the lunar eclipse, their minds overwhelmed with joy
- It is because of occasional attacks upon the sun and moon by Rahu that eclipses take place
- It is customary in India that all the followers of the Vedic scriptures bathe in the Ganges or the sea as soon as there is a lunar or solar eclipse
- Nanda Maharaj said, "Unfortunately, I have brought Him (Krsna) to Mathura, and now I see that He's embarrassed by this giant elephant named Kuvalaya. It is as though the moon of Krsna is eclipsed by the shadow of the earth"
- Narada said, "Lord Krsna is just like the sun, which, although it sometimes may appear to be so, is never covered by the cloud, snow or fog, or by other planets during an eclipse"
- Seeing the lunar eclipse and laughing, Advaita Acarya and Haridasa Thakura immediately went to the bank of the Ganges and bathed in the river in great jubilation
- Since it is a Vedic custom to give in charity as much as possible during the hours of the eclipse, the members of the Yadu dynasty distributed many hundreds of cows in charity to the brahmanas
- Taking advantage of the occasion of the lunar eclipse, Advaita Acarya, by His mental strength, distributed various types of charity to the brahmanas
- Taking advantage of the occasion of the solar eclipse, all important persons from all parts of Bharata-varsa visited the holy place of pilgrimage
- Taking advantage of the solar eclipse, they (the residents of Vrndavana) all came to see their life and soul, Krsna and Balarama
- The foretellings of astrological science, such as the occurrence of solar or lunar eclipses, are wonderful calculations, and by this particular science a person can understand the future very clearly
- The moon was eclipsed at the time of His (Lord Caitanya) birth, and the people of Nadia were then engaged, as was usual on such occasions, in bathing in the Bhagirathi with loud cheers of "Haribol!"
- The phenomenon that occurs when Rahu blocks the light of the sun or moon is called an eclipse. The attempt of the scientists of this earth to go to the moon is as demoniac as Rahu's attack
- When Lord Krsna, along with His elder brother Balarama and sister Subhadra, came to Kuruksetra in a chariot on the occasion of a solar eclipse, many mystic yogis also came
- When Nanda Maharaja and the other residents of Vrndavana had heard that Krsna would be present in Kuruksetra because of the solar eclipse and that all the members of the Yadu dynasty would also be there, they had immediately prepared to go there
- When Rahu conceals the sun and moon, eclipses occur, either total or partial, depending on whether Rahu moves in a straight or curving way
- When they met in that sacred place, all the gopis became stunned by the occurrence of a solar eclipse. Their breathing, blinking of the eyes and all similar activities stopped, and they stood before Krsna just like statues
- While Lord Krsna and Balarama were living peacefully in Their great city of Dvaraka, there was the rare occasion of a full solar eclipse, such as takes place at the end of every kalpa, or day of Brahma