Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: duration or durations not "duration of life"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Duration"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- Advancement of material civilization on the basis of sense gratification means increasing the duration of the material existence of a living entity
- Although they have a long duration of existence, all the manifestations of the material world - namely the time element, the living entities, the Vedas and the gross and subtle material elements - are created at some point
- Balarama said, "Simultaneously I can also give this Romaharsana Suta life again, with a span of long duration, sufficient strength and full power of the senses. Not only this, but if you desire I shall be glad to award him anything else you may ask"
- Bhagavad-gita deals with the isvara, the supreme controller, and the jivas, the controlled living entities. Prakrti (material nature) and time (the duration of existence of the whole universe or the manifestation of material nature) and karma (activity)
- Brahma lives for one hundred years, and his one day is calculated at 4,300,000,000 of our earthly years. His night is of the same duration. His month consists of thirty such days and nights, and his year of twelve months
- Brahma lives only for the duration of one breath, and according to our time scale 4,320,000,000 years constitute only twelve hours for Brahma, & he lives one hundred of his years. Yet the whole life of Brahma is contained within one breath of Maha-Visnu
- In the upper planetary system the duration of one complete day and night is equal to one complete year of this earth. This is accepted even by the modern scientist and attested by the astronauts
- In this age the duration of the material body of the people in general is much reduced, and so is the memory
- In this way, by and by, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu reduced the duration to five days. Thus for five days He regularly accepted the Bhattacarya's invitation to lunch
- My Lord, the whole cosmic manifestation is under the influence of time, beginning from the moment up to the duration of the year. All act under Your direction. You (Krsna) are the original director of everything and the reservoir of all potent energies
- My sister from Calcutta has addressed me one letter that she has heard by some source that I am coming to Mayapur during the great festival. This means that some of our godbrothers and sisters may be expecting me during the ensuing festival there
- The Brahmas and other lords of the mundane worlds appear from the pores of Maha-Visnu and remain alive for the duration of His one exhalation. I adore the primeval Lord, Govinda, of whom Maha-Visnu is a portion of a plenary portion
- The duration of a day in the life of Brahma is 4,320,000,000 solar years. This is stated also in the Bhagavad-gita. And for this same period Brahmaji rests at night in yoga-nidra within the body of the Garbhodakasayi Visnu, the generator of Brahma
- The duration of the Dvapara millennium equals 2,400 years; and that of the Kali millennium is 1,200 years of the demigods
- The duration of the material universe is limited. It is manifested in cycles of kalpas
- The duration of the material universe is limited. It is manifested in cycles of kalpas. A kalpa is a day of Brahma, and one day of Brahma consists of a thousand cycles of four yugas, or ages: Satya, Treta, Dvapara and Kali
- The duration of the Satya millennium equals 4,800 years of the years of the demigods; the duration of the Treta millennium equals 3600 years of the demigods
- The duration of the two parts of Brahma's life, as above mentioned, is calculated to be equal to one nimesa (less than a second) for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is unchanging and unlimited and is the cause of all causes of the universe
- The duration of time of three lavas is equal to one nimesa, the combination of three nimesas makes one ksana, five ksanas combined together make one kastha, and fifteen kasthas make one laghu
- The gopis said that even if they could have that duration of night, it would still not be sufficient for their meeting with Krsna
- The longest duration of one hundred years belongs to Brahma, but although the life of Brahma is very long, it expires in the course of time
- The modern man wants to live forever by the advancement of material science, and there are many foolish theories for prolonging life to the maximum duration
- The present age is characterized by a bitter struggle for a life of short duration
- The purpose and duration of my stay abroad are preaching work on the philosophy of Caitanya cult and the duration was two (2) years and nine (9) months
- The reign of fourteen Manus equals the length of one day (twelve hours) in the life of Brahma, and the night of Brahma is of the same duration. These calculations are given in the authentic astronomy book known as the Surya-siddhanta
- The sages said, "Dear Lord Yadunandana, we may inform You that we brahmanas posted Romaharsana Suta on that exalted position for the duration of this great sacrifice"
- The sun orbits around Mount Sumeru, for six months on the northern side and for six months on the southern. This adds up to the duration of a day and night of the demigods in the upper planetary systems
- The time duration needed for the integration of three trasarenus is called a truti, and one hundred trutis make one vedha. Three vedhas make one lava
- This chapter (of Srimad Bhagavatam) informs us of the movements of the sun. The sun is not stationary; it is also moving like the other planets. The sun's movements determine the duration of night and day
- We cannot imagine, however, the duration of one breath of Maha-Visnu, for within one breath all the universes are created and annihilated. This is stated in the Brahma-samhita
- We get an idea of Brahma's day from the following statement of the Bhagavad-gita: "By human calculation, a thousand yuga cycles taken together is Brahma's one day. And such also is the duration of his night."
- We have information of Lord Brahma's duration of life from the BG: 1,000 times the duration of the four ages, or 1,000 x 4,320,000 years, constitute Brahma's 12 hours. Similarly, one moment of Brahma's time is equal to one year of our solar calculation
- When it (the sun) passes through the five signs headed by Vrsabha (Taurus), the duration of the days increases (until Cancer), and then it gradually decreases by half an hour each month, until day and night again become equal (in Libra)
- When the sun is in Mesa-rasi (Aries) and Tula-rasi (Libra), the duration of day and night are equal
- When the sun passes through Mesa (Aries) and Tula (Libra), the durations of day and night are equal
- When the sun passes through the five signs beginning with Vrscika (Scorpio), the duration of the days decreases (until Capricorn), and then gradually it increases month after month, until day and night become equal (in Aries)
- While Lord Jagannatha is on His Ratha, and for the duration of the festivities for eight days following, bhuni kicrie may be offered along with other preparations