Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Driven"
The following 34 pages are in this category, out of 34 total.
- After all inauspicious things were driven away by the chanting of the mantra, the Deity's bathing ceremony started. First the Deity was massaged with a large quantity of oil, so that His body became very glossy
- Akrura continued, "My dear Lord, I am completely incapable of controlling my mind, which is now driven by the unbridled senses and is attracted by fruitive activities and their results. Therefore, my intelligence is very miserly"
- Alas, how strange it is that we (Arjuna and the Pandavas) are preparing to commit greatly sinful acts. Driven by the desire to enjoy royal happiness, we are intent on killing our own kinsmen
- Baby Krsna had been placed underneath a hand-driven cart, and while He was kicking His legs, He accidentally touched the wheel of the cart, and it collapsed
- Because we are covered by the fog in so many ways, and it is very difficult to drive away. But you keep yourself in Krsna consciousness, it will be driven away. It will be driven away. There is no doubt about it
- By brahma-tejas, brahminical strength, Bhrgu Muni had created the Rbhu demigods, who had driven away the soldiers of Lord Siva stationed in the arena
- Driven by material lust, the materialists worship demigods, but a devotee never does so, for he is never driven by material lust. That is the difference between a devotee's respect for Lord Siva and an asura's respect for him
- Driven by such consciousness, man turns to religion. He thus performs pious activities or religious functions in order to gain something material. But if such material gains are obtainable in other ways, then so-called religion is neglected
- Driven by the desire to enjoy royal happiness
- He (Kamsa) immediately ordered the band to stop playing and addressed his men as follows, "I order that these two sons of Vasudeva be immediately driven out of Mathura"
- However much the foolish mundaners may bewilder themselves by the conception of lordship over their various actions, they are always being driven under the direction of the modes of nature - that is the considered verdict of Sri Krsna
- However, after the appearance of the great stalwart teacher, Sankaracarya, this Buddhism was driven out beyond the border of India
- Narada spoke as follows: "Being absorbed in such (In the bodily concept of existence, everyone is driven by material desires) a concept of existence, one does not know how to get out of this encagement of the material body"
- Narada spoke as follows: "In the bodily concept of existence, everyone is driven by material desires, and thus everyone develops new material bodies one after another in the cycle of birth and death"
- One cowherd boy said, "When He (Krsna) was only three months old, He was sleeping underneath a hand-driven cart. Being hungry for His mother’s breast, He began to cry and throw His legs upwards"
- One gopi imitated a hand-driven cart, and another gopi lay down beneath the cart and threw up her legs, touching the wheels of the cart, as Krsna did to kill the demon Sakatasura. One gopi imitated child Krsna and lay down on the ground
- Servant of desire means just like the street dog. He is also desiring: "If these gentleman will accept me as his dog?" But he is going there, and he is driven away: "Hut! Hut!" He is going to some house, moving his tail, "My dear sir, will you give me..."
- Siva-jvara said, "My dear Lord, as long as one is forgetful of Krsna consciousness, driven by the spell of material desires and ignorant of the ultimate shelter at Your lotus feet"
- The gopis dressed themselves very luxuriantly and sat in bull-driven carts, chanting the glories of Krsna's pastimes. The brahmanas, assembled there to act as priests for Govardhana-puja, offered their blessings to the cowherd men and their wives
- The gross materialist, however, without any faith in the Vedic version, remains eternally in darkness, driven by a false conviction on the basis of imperfect experimental knowledge, or so-called material science
- The man in the renounced order of life has no wife and may be driven by sex desire to seek another woman or another's wife and thus go to hell
- There are many urges: urge of the mind, urge of the anger, urge of the talking, urge of the tongue, then belly, then genital. In this way, we are driven by so many urges. So out of that, the strongest enemy is our tongue
- When Krsna and Balarama were going to Mathura in the chariot driven by Akrura, all of them took baths in this (Akrura-tirtha, in one of the twelve forest of Vrndavana) ghata
- When Krsna was going to Mathura on the chariot driven by Akrura, Yasoda & all the gopis came to try to forbid Him to pass. At that time Radharani was so perturbed that in a faltering voice, She requested Mother Yasoda to please stop Akrura
- When Lord Siva heard that his soldiers had been driven away, he created the tall black demon Virabhadra to retaliate