dissipate | dissipated | dissipates | dissipating | dissipation
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Caitanya's Dissipating (4 P)
- ► Dissolve (3 C, 47 P)
- ► Krsna's Dissipating (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Scattered (4 C, 89 P)
Pages in category "Dissipate"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- All glories to Svarupa Damodara and Murari Gupta! All these brilliant moons have together dissipated the darkness of this material world
- As soon as one begins acting according to his plan, his life of distress immediately begins. Therefore, one should not be ambitious to dissipate the unhappy conditions of life, for one cannot do anything about them
- As sunshine dissipates the darkness of this material world, the effulgence emanating from the body of the Lord immediately dries up the darkness in the heart of the conditioned soul
- As the presence of the sun dissipates darkness, constant engagement in the association of the Lord Sri Krsna frees one from the contamination of the material qualities
- As the rising sun immediately dissipates all the world's darkness, which is deep like an ocean, so the holy name of the Lord, if chanted once without offenses, dissipates all the reactions of a living being’s sinful life
- As the sun dissipates the darkness of the universe, so when the light of the Supreme Personality of Godhead comes down, it at once dissipates the darkness of maya
- As with the rising of the sun the darkness of night is immediately dissipated, with the appearance of Pradyumna the power exhibited by Salva became null and void
- At that time, Ramananda Raya made the Lord sit down and dissipated His fatigue by fanning Him
- Being questioned, Lord Brahma immediately replied, Later I shall tell You why I have come. First of all there is a doubt in my mind which I wish You would kindly dissipate
- Better than the brahmana who knows the purpose of the Vedas is he who can dissipate all doubts, and better than him is one who strictly follows the brahminical principles
- Better than the brahmana who knows the purpose of the Vedas is he who can dissipate doubts, and better than him is one who follows the brahminical principles. Better than him is one who is liberated from all contamination, and better than him is a devotee
- Bhismadeva encouraged Maharaja Yudhisthira to dissipate his despondency
- Brahmanas who are exalted to the position of Vaisnavas, the most dear servants of Krsna, sometimes dress like madmen. Just to benefit materialists like us, who are always attached to sense gratification, and just to dissipate our ignorance
- Haridasa Thakura said, "As the sun begins to rise, even before it is visible it dissipates the darkness of night"
- He (a rare person) can do this (uproot the weeds of sinful actions with no possibility that they will revive) simply by discharging devotional service, just as the sun can immediately dissipate fog by its rays
- He (Mucukunda) could see also that the dense darkness within the mountain cave had been dissipated by the Lord's presence; therefore He could not be other than the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- I (Pracinabarhi) now can understand the distinction between devotional service, knowledge and renunciation. I had some doubts about them, but you (Narada) have now very kindly dissipated all these doubts
- I do not have many followers, but I do have a select few. Because they are select, they will bring about a revolution in the world. One moon is sufficient to dissipate darkness
- I had some doubts about them, but you have now very kindly dissipated all these doubts. I can now understand how even the great sages are bewildered by the real purpose of life. Of course, there is no question of sense gratification
- If one simply chants the holy name of Krsna, this holy name will rise within one's heart like the powerful sun and will immediately dissipate all the darkness of ignorance
- In the second verse of the CC, the author offers his obeisances to Caitanya & Lord Nityananda. He compares Them to the sun and the moon because They dissipate the darkness of the material world. In this instance the sun and the moon have risen together
- It is very common for us, like Arjuna, to try to dissipate our disillusionments by our own devices, culled from our own mundane experience. This attempt to remove our daily bodily and mental difficulties is always misdirected
- Many great serpents reside there with gems on their hoods, and the effulgence of these gems dissipates the darkness in all directions
- My dear son, you have slept a long time. Now please get up. Your playmates are calling you to play. Since you must be very hungry, please get up and suck my breast and dissipate our lamentation
- O brahmana, O master, I have never heard of such a contradiction as an affectionate father's punishing his noble son with the intention of killing him. Kindly dissipate our doubts in this regard
- O master of speech, by your effulgence, full of religious principles, the darkness of the world is dissipated, and the knowledge of learned persons or great souls is manifested
- Similarly, the first hint that offenseless chanting of the Lord holy name has awakened dissipates the reactions of sinful life immediately. & when one chants the holy name offenselessly, one awakens to service in ecstatic love at the lotus feet of Krsna
- Since the Pracetās had already attained the Lord's mercy, they were no longer subject to the contamination of the material modes. The material modes dissipated from them just as the darkness of night immediately dissipates when the sun rises
- Sukadeva Gosvami answered: Great saintly persons who strictly observed the spiritual rules and regulations and whose own effulgence dissipated all the darkness of all directions once came to see Lord Siva in that forest
- The chairs and other furniture were made of ivory and bedecked with gold and diamonds, and jeweled lamps dissipated the darkness within the palace
- The illusion of maya is at once dissipated as soon as one's full energy is converted in the service of the Lord instead of in sense enjoyment
- The queens said, "Dear moon-god, we think you have been attacked by a severe type of tuberculosis. For this reason, you are becoming thinner and thinner day by day. O lord, you are now so weak that your thin rays cannot dissipate the darkness of night"
- The splendor of the sun, which dissipates the darkness of this whole world, comes from Me (Krsna). And the splendor of the moon and the splendor of fire are also from Me
- The sun and moon dissipate the darkness of the external world and thus reveal external material objects like pots and plates
- The third stage is to practice the prescribed rules and regulations of devotional service. This will dissipate all sorts of misgivings and remove all personal deficiencies that hamper progress in devotional service
- The transcendental body of the Personality of Godhead was covered by attractive yellow garments, and His neck was decorated with the jewel known as Kaustubha-mani. The bodily effulgence of the Lord dissipated all the darkness of the universe
- The whole atmosphere was illuminated by the rays of the jewels bedecking the hood of Sesa-naga, and that illumination dissipated all the darkness of those regions
- These intolerant demigods have dissipated my intelligence, and only for this reason could I not accept the genuine benediction of the instructions of Sage Narada
- These two brothers (Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda) dissipate the darkness of the inner core of the heart, and thus They help one meet the two kinds of bhagavatas (persons or things in relationship with the Personality of Godhead)
- This ignorance of factual knowledge can also be dissipated by Krsna consciousness, as is confirmed in the Padma Purana as follows
- To become associated with the supreme light is to dissipate all ignorance. By ignorance only, the conditioned soul wrongly thinks that both he and the Lord are products of material nature
- We are now in material condition of life, therefore we do not understand what is God and what is our aim. Therefore it is called ajnana, ignorance. Therefore one who dissipates this ignorance, he is called guru
- What is the value of the millions of stars? But one moon, oh, dissipate the whole darkness of night. Similarly, at least those who have taken to Krsna consciousness, you become, each of you become a moon and enlighten the world
- When a devotee becomes a little proud, the Supreme Lord sometimes exhibits His supreme power to dissipate the devotee's misunderstanding. After being amply harassed by Lord Visnu's potency, Lord Siva resumed his normal, unagitated condition
- When Krsna entered the forest on the bank of the river Yamuna, the moonlight dissipated the surrounding darkness. Due to the season, flowers like the kunda and kadamba were blooming, and a gentle breeze was carrying their aroma
- When one is under the shelter of this internal potency, the darkness of material ignorance is at once dissipated. And even those who are atmarama, or fixed in trance, take shelter of this maya, or internal energy
- Yet all unhappiness and lamentation were immediately dissipated, and people became all-jubilant. Thus Jagannatha Misra was also overwhelmed with joy
- Your four long arms are decorated with bows & quivers of arrows & with swords, clubs, conchshells, discs and lotus flowers. Your effulgence has dissipated the darkness of this place with extraordinary illumination. Now, sirs, why are you obstructing us?
- Yudhisthira said, "Our material existence is caused by our forgetfulness of Your (Krsna's) personality, but fortunately the darkness of forgetfulness is immediately dissipated if one is privileged to hear about Your glories"