Category:Discussions of a Devotee of God
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
Pages in category "Discussions of a Devotee of God"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Although there is no difference between the Lord's (Krsna's) pastimes of appearance and disappearance, the devotees of the Lord do not generally discuss the subject matter of His disappearance
- Associate always with learned devotees and to discuss the conclusion of the Vedas with similarly elevated persons
- Devotees always humbly offer respect to everyone, but when there is a discussion on a point of sastra, they do not observe the usual etiquette, satyam bruyat priyam bruyat. They speak only the satyam, although it may not necessarily be priyam
- Devotees of the Supreme Lord are twenty-four hours daily engaged in glorifying the qualities and pastimes of the Supreme Lord. Their hearts and souls are constantly submerged in Krsna, and they take pleasure in discussing Him with other devotees
- Discussed (Sukadeva Gosvami) this act of the Lord's pleasure potency certainly not in relation to sex, but to relish a transcendental taste inconceivable to the mundaners who are after sex life
- If one is a sincere and pure devotee, the material lust in his heart is completely vanquished as he discusses the lusty feelings between the gopis and Krsna, and he makes quick progress in spiritual life
- If sometimes devotees should like to come together and chant Hare Krsna and discuss, just as we instituted our Istagosthi program, then this of course I have no objection to
- In Bhagavad-gita there is reference to bodhayantah parasparam - discussing among themselves
- In other words, devotees who are engaged in reverential devotional service should not discuss the conjugal love affairs of Krsna
- It is the duty of the spiritual master to disclose all confidential subject matter to the inquisitive and sincere disciple. Thus Sukadeva Gosvami began to explain why the killing of Aghasura was not discussed until one year had passed
- The activities of the Lord (Krsna), in His dealings with worldly people, create a subject matter for discussion by His pure devotees
- The word guna-vadam is significant because the qualities of the Lord and His activities and pastimes are the subject matter for the discussions of devotees
- There are innumerable books which contain countless subjects for discussion among two devotees or more. Friendship should be cemented between persons with mutual interests and understanding
- Those who are karmis, jnanis or yogis are not actually fit to discuss Srimad-Bhagavatam. Only Vaisnavas, or pure devotees, are fit to discuss that literature
- Thus, one who is desirous of advancing in Krsna consciousness should relish the purport of Srimad-Bhagavatam through the discussions of authorized devotees
- When discussions take place between pure devotees, then the potency of spiritual knowledge, as they are depicted in the scriptures and sacred books, they become revealed
- When there is a congregation of devotees, their discussions, questions and answers become conclusive to both the speaker and the audience. Thus such a meeting is beneficial for everyone's real happiness