Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
directed | directing | directs
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Directed to Krsna (7 P)
Pages in category "Directed"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A complete progressive march on the return path home, back to Godhead, will depend on the instructions of the revealed scriptures directed by a realized devotee
- A society of thieves can never be happy, because they have no aim in life. The gross materialist thieves have no ultimate goal of life. They are simply directed to sense gratification; nor do they have knowledge of how to perform yajnas
- A sudra is elected as president, he is not fighting, he is in a safe place, and he is simply directing, "You go and fight. Let me see how you are fighting." No. The king, the ksatriya, he will come forth in the front of fight
- After saying this, He directed me toward Vrndavana by waving His hand. Then He disappeared with His associates
- All desires should be reformed and directed toward spiritual activities; otherwise those same desires will repeatedly manifest themselves in different varieties of material enjoyment, thus conditioning the living being perpetually in material bondage
- All these questions should be directed to the GBC members, as my desire is to simply translate, and leave the management matters for them to decide
- Although the Supreme Personality of Godhead Visnu directs or supervises the qualitative nature, He has no connection with the material modes of nature
- Harmful activities directed against the devotee gradually become the ultimate cause of the performer's falldown
- He (Pradyumna) killed the carriers like the horses and elephants by releasing three arrows directed toward each one
- He (Sankaracarya) wrote his Sariraka-bhasya, and his so-called followers deprecated the Bhagavatam as some "new" presentation. One should not be misled by such propaganda directed against the Bhagavatam by the Mayavada school
- I do not know if my secretaries in Bombay have seen the Chief Minister as directed by you, but I think that when the Governor is personally examining the case, it may not be necessary to see the Chief Minister
- If all philanthropic and humanitarian activities were directed toward achieving the ultimate goal of life - to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead - they would all be perfect. Humanitarian work without Krsna is nothing
- If philosophical speculation is directed by Sastra and Guru, and if the goal of such philosophical attempts is to achieve Visnu, then that philosophical speculation is not mental speculation
- If we remember that the Supreme Spirit is indeed omnipresent, we can create a spiritual atmosphere by performing all our activities in relation to the Supreme Spirit, with everything directed by one who is a self-realized soul
- If you (Arjuna) do not act according to My (Krsna) direction and do not fight, then you will be falsely directed. By your nature, you will have to be engaged in warfare
- In the material world there is no love. Because everyone is directed by lust
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam, Eleventh Canto, it is explicitly directed that one should perform sankirtana-yajna to please the Lord's incarnation as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Insurmountable time even brings about the death of Brahma, so what to speak of other demigods like Indra, Candra, Surya, Vayu & Varuna? The astronomical influence directed by the different demigods over mundane creatures is also conspicuous by its absence
- Nivrtti-marga is the path of negating sense enjoyment, and pravrtti-marga is the path by which the living entities are given a chance to enjoy and at the same time are directed in such a way that they can go back home, back to Godhead
- Not being aware of his spiritual position, the living entity, directed by the mind, goes out through the nine gates to enjoy material objects. Because of long association with material objects, he forgets his real spiritual activities and is thus misled
- Now, through the forwarding agents, Messrs. Cox and Kings, you can arrange to ship all the Murtis through Scindia Steam Navigation Co. to different places as already directed
- Paramatma directs everyone in the matter of recollection, forgetfulness, knowledge, the absence of intelligence and all psychological activities
- Perfection of life culminates in the realization of the Supreme Being, Visnu. The sruti therefore directs that those who are actually advanced in learning should aspire for the service of Lord Visnu
- Performing actions in terms of the directions of the scriptures is called pravrtti, or executing actions that deserve to be performed. And actions which are not so directed are not to be performed
- She (Rukmini) also offered fruits, sugarcane, betel nuts and spices. With great devotion, Rukmini offered them to the deity (Durga) according to the regulative principles, directed by the old brahmana ladies
- Sri Baladeva Vidyabhusana says that although Visnu is the predominating Deity of the quality of goodness in the material world, He is never affected by the quality of goodness, for He directs that quality simply by His supreme will
- Tapana Misra, being thus bewildered, was directed by a brahmana in a dream to go to Nimai Pandita (Caitanya Mahaprabhu)
- That literature is full of transcendental words directed toward bringing about a revolution in the impious lives of this world's misdirected civilization
- The actions of the Krsna consciousness movement are directed by the previous acaryas, headed by Srila Rupa Gosvami; in the association of devotees following these principles, a devotee is able to perfectly maintain his transcendental position
- The completely bewildered material civilization is wrongly directed towards the fulfillment of desires in sense gratification
- The devotees activities are not selfishly motivated, aimed at realizing his own cherished dreams, but are directed toward fulfilling the will of God on earth. This yoga is known as buddhi-yoga, wherein lies the entire world's good fortune
- The great sages performed the bathing ceremony of the goddess of fortune as directed in the authorized scriptures, the Gandharvas chanted all-auspicious Vedic mantras, and the professional women dancers very nicely danced
- The King's (Pariksit's) anger and envy, directed toward the brahmana sage (Srngi's father), were unprecedented, being that circumstances had made him hungry and thirsty
- The Lord's pastimes in the internal potency are displayed in His activities in Vrndavana, but His external potential works are directed in His features of Karanarnavasayi Visnu, Garbhodakasayi Visnu and Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The Mayavada philosophy is veiled Buddhism. (In other words, the voidist philosophy of Buddha is more or less repeated in the Mayavada philosophy of impersonalism, although the Mayavadiphilosophers claim to be directed by the Vedic conclusions)
- The production of grains, grass, etc. becomes possible by rain, and this rain is made to shower properly by performance of recommended sacrifices. Such sacrifices are directed by the rites of the Vedas, namely Sama, Yajur, Rg and Atharva
- The system of demigod worship was directed mainly to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Ganesa, the sun-god and goddess Durga
- The three predominating deities of this material world, namely Lord Brahma, Lord Visnu and Lord Siva, are directing all the affairs of this cosmos, but who among them is the Supreme?
- The word durmada means "wrongly directed," and nirrti means "sinful activity"
- These people are generally baffled because their various acts of sin and virtue are directed merely toward ameliorating the distress and enhancing the happiness of the temporary body and mind by behavior like eating, sleeping, mating and defending
- Those who are advanced in spiritual knowledge are not subject to the regulative principles directed in the Vedic literatures. Because such advanced souls are transcendental, You personally appear in their pure minds
- Thus it is the duty of every sincere devotee to accept the arca-vigraha at home or in the temple and worship the form of the Lord as advised in authorized scriptures and directed by the spiritual master
- To Accept Only What is Necessary. In the Naradiya Purana it is directed, "One should not accept more than necessary if he is serious about discharging devotional service"
- To Offer Respect to the Banyan Trees. In the Skanda Purana it is directed that a devotee should offer water to the tulasi plant and amalaka trees
- When consciousness is purely centered on Krsna (Krsna consciousness), it is pure, and when consciousness is centered on something other than Krsna, or when it is directed to sense gratification, it may be called non-Krsna consciousness
- While rehearsing the Jagannatha-vallabha-nataka he (Ramananda Raya) personally directed extremely beautiful young girls in dancing, but he was never affected by their youthful beauty