Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Devotional Service to God and Religious Principles
Pages in category "Devotional Service to God and Religious Principles"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
- A person in ignorance of the principles of religion who therefore does nothing in the matter of religion is far better than a person who misguides others in the name of religion without reference to the factual religious principles of devotional service
- As far as religious principles are concerned, there is a consideration of the person, the country, the time and the circumstance. In devotional service, there are no such considerations. Devotional service is transcendental to all such considerations
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the highest religious principle is to surrender to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Srimad-Bhagavatam also confirms that the topmost perfection of religion is to be engaged in the devotional service of the Lord
- Persons who execute religious rituals for the satisfaction of Krsna are steady in devotional service, whereas persons who execute religious rituals without intending to please Krsna are only called pious
- Pious activities (dharma), economic development (artha), satisfaction of the senses (kama), and finally liberation from material bondage (moksa) are all external factors. And the real dharma or religious principle is devotional service to the Lord
- The real religious principle is devotional service, or bhakti. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita, where Lord Krsna says, "Give up all other religious principles and simply surrender unto Me"
- There is a gulf of difference between the results derived from devotional service and those derived from religious rituals
- This Sudarsana cakra is the killer of the prowess of all other weapons, the killer of darkness, and the manifester of the prowess of devotional service; it is the means of establishing religious principles & it is the killer of all irreligious activities
- Today my birth, my family and my activities have all become successful. Today I have achieved the fulfillment of religious principles, economic development, satisfaction of the senses and ultimately devotional service to Lord Krsna