Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Denizens"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- Above that wonderful dance flew many airplanes carrying the denizens of the heavenly planets, who were very eager to see the wonderful dance of Krsna with the gopis
- Actually, Krsna had purposely taken His wife Satyabhama with Him so that she could collect the parijata with her own hand. But the denizens of the heavenly planets, including Indra, were very irritated
- Although the wives of the denizens of the heavenly planets are most opulent within the material world, neither they nor any other women in the material universe can acquire Krsna's association
- From Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.5.34): "He (Caitanya) left His householder life, leaving aside His eternal consort, whom even the denizens of heaven adore. He went into the forest to deliver the fallen souls, who are put into illusion by material energy"
- From the sky, the denizens of the heavenly planets showered flowers like the mallika, the most fragrant of all flowers, as a token of their congratulations. Accompanying the showers of flowers was a vibration of bugles, drums and conchshells
- Gopis said, "My dear Krsna, due to separation from You, all of the denizens of Vrndavana have changed their color. And because of this change of color even the great sage Narada was thinking of Vrndavana as a white island in the ocean of milk
- Great sages and ascetics, the denizens of the Siddha and Gandharva planets, the denizens known as Vidyadharas, Vasuki and the Mahanagas and the beautiful angels, all showered flowers upon Him (Krsna) and sang songs of His victory in great jubilation
- In all higher planets, since the span of life is far greater than that of the human being, the denizens are called deathless by imagination, although actually no one within the material universe is deathless
- In each of these eight beautiful provinces (of Jambudvipa), the celestial denizens enjoy various standards of material comfort and pleasure
- In the attitude of the denizens of Vrndavana, such as Nanda Maharaj and Mother Yasoda, is to be found the ideal transcendental concept of becoming the father and mother of Krsna, the original Personality of Godhead
- Interplanetary travel by the denizens of higher planets is easy. In many statements in Bhagavatam, we have observed that the demigods from heaven used to visit this earth to attend sacrifices performed by influential kings and emperors
- Laksmana said, "At that time the vibration of ‘Jaya! Jaya!’ was heard all over the world, and from the sky came sounds of drums beaten by the denizens of heaven"
- Life in the higher planets, known as the abodes of the denizens of heaven, is obtained not by the strength of spacecraft (as is now being contemplated by the inexperienced scientists), but by works done in the mode of goodness
- Lord Siva is always accompanied by the denizens of the higher planets known as Gandharvas and Kinnaras. They are very expert in musical science, and Lord Siva is worshiped by them constantly
- Lord Siva is called Bhuta-natha because he is assisted by various types of powerful ghosts and denizens of the inferno - Bhutas, Pretas, Pramathas, Guhyakas, Dakinis, Pisacas, Kusmandas, Vetalas, Vinayakas and Brahma-raksasas
- Maharaja Pariksit challenges even such denizens of heaven if they torture the offenseless. This means that the state executive head must be as strong as Maharaja Pariksit so that he may be determined to punish the strongest offenders
- Maharaja Yudhisthira's good sacrifices and qualifications were so lofty and virtuous that even the residents of the higher celestial planets were already prepared to receive him as one of them
- On the death of Vrkasura, all the denizens in the higher planetary systems, namely the demigods, the pitrs, the Gandharvas and the inhabitants of Janaloka, showered flowers on the Personality of Godhead
- On the lower slopes of Mandara Mountain is a mango tree named Devacuta. It is 1,100 yojanas high. Mangoes as big as mountain peaks and as sweet as nectar fall from the top of this tree for the enjoyment of the denizens of heaven
- Once the fair denizens of heaven pleased Astavakra Muni by their service and were blessed by the muni to have the Supreme Lord as their husband
- One gopi said, "The sound Krsna produces with his flute creates such a nice atmosphere that the denizens of the heavenly planets, who travel in space with their wives and beloveds, stop their airplanes, for they are stunned by the vibration of the flute"
- Saintly persons like Vidura must be treated as well as a denizen from heaven. In those days denizens of heavenly planets used to visit homes like that of Maharaja Yudhisthira, and sometimes persons like Arjuna and others used to visit higher planets
- Sometimes, taking her son with her, mother Saci would lie down on her bed, and she would see that denizens of the celestial world had come there, filling the entire house
- Spontaneous love of Krsna as exhibited by the Vrsnis and the denizens of Vrndavana is eternally existing in them
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "(Krsna and His friends) thus enjoyed joking amongst themselves, the denizens of heaven would become struck with wonder and would only stare at the scene"
- The assurances and challenges made by Maharaja Pariksit are never exaggerations of his real power. The Maharaja said that even the denizens of heaven could not escape his stringent government if they were violators of religious principles
- The astounding powers of Arjuna, which were astonishing even to the denizens of heaven, were no longer required, and they were not meant for going back home, back to Godhead
- The beautiful damsels, the wives of the denizens of the heavenly planets, are compared to lightning. In summation, the airplanes with their passengers which came from higher planets to Kailasa were very pleasant to look at
- The beautiful wives of the heavenly denizens, their eyes very beautifully glittering, were near her (Sati's) residence and were going to the sacrifice dressed in fine clothing and ornamented with earrings and necklaces with lockets
- The celestial denizens of the higher planetary system showered mallika-puspa, flowers grown in Nandana-kanana, upon Krsna, the enemy of Bakasura. They also congratulated Him by sounding celestial kettledrums and conchshells
- The chaste lady Sati, the daughter of Daksa, heard the heavenly denizens flying in the sky conversing about the great sacrifice being performed by her father
- The demigods became overwhelmed with joy and showered flowers on the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and thus they worshiped Him. The denizens of heaven danced in jubilation, and the denizens in Gandharvaloka offered various kinds of prayers
- The denizens (of heaven) used to drink nectar to become immortal, but actually they were not confident of their immortality. On the other hand, the boys who were playing with Krsna had no fear of the demons. They were free of fear
- The denizens of heaven were very much pleased, and they offered their respects by chanting in glorification of the Lord and showering Him with flowers, accepting the victory with great appreciation
- The denizens of the Gandharva and Kinnara planets began to sing, and the denizens of Siddhaloka and the planets of the Caranas began to offer prayers in the service of the Personality of Godhead
- The denizens of the heavenly kingdom are called amara, or deathless, due to their possessing a long span of life, far greater than that of the human beings
- The denizens of the upper planets showered flowers, beat drums, played different types of flutes and sang various prayers and songs. In this way, all the denizens of heaven, such as the Gandharvas, Siddhas and demigods, became very much pleased
- The great sage Narayana continued, "There was a great meeting of the denizens of the heavenly planets, and almost all the important brahmacaris, such as the four Kumaras - Sanandana, Sanaka, Sanatana and Sanat-kumara - attended"
- The heavenly denizens from the upper planets used to visit the palace of King Kuntibhoja, and Kunti was engaged for their reception
- The inhabitants of the higher planets - the Siddhas, Caranas, Gandharvas, Vidyadharas, serpents, Kinnaras and Apsaras - go to that mountain to sport. Thus all the caves of the mountain are full of these denizens of the heavenly planets
- The only reformation that is necessary in society is to make an organized effort to turn the citizens into devotees of the Lord, and thus all good qualities of the denizens of heaven will overtake them in their own way
- The supreme benediction attained by the gopis in spite of their being born in the families of cowherd men was never attained even by the goddess of fortune herself, and certainly not by the denizens of heaven
- The three deities approached the hermitage of Atri Muni, accompanied by the denizens of the heavenly planets, such as the celestial beauties, the Gandharvas, the Siddhas, the Vidyadharas and the Nagas
- The Vrsnis (Krsna's relatives at Dvaraka) felt like that. So spontaneous love of Krsna in the parental relationship is found both amongst those denizens of Dvaraka who belonged to the dynasty of Vrsni, as well as amongst the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- The waist and hips of the woman were very beautiful. She was dressed in a yellow sari with a golden belt. While she walked, her ankle bells rang. She appeared exactly like a denizen of the heavens
- The wives of the denizens of the higher planetary systems did not very much appreciate the results of karma, jnana and yoga
- Their (the heavenly denizens') eyes moved, their earrings and other ornaments glittered and glared, their dresses were the nicest possible, and all of them had special lockets on their necklaces
- They are also used especially for enjoyment by the denizens of the heavenly planets so that they can go from one planet to another. On other planets which are called Siddhalokas, the denizens can travel from one planet to another without airplanes
- This Aghasura was so dangerous that even the denizens of heaven were afraid of him. Although the denizens of heaven drank nectar daily to prolong their lives, they were afraid of this Aghasura and were wondering, "When will the demon be killed?"
- Through their service, devotees see that Personality of Godhead, just as the denizens of heaven see the personality of the sun
- To behold this wonderful pastime of the Lord's, the denizens of heaven and their wives, all very eager to see the dance, flew in the sky in their hundreds of airplanes. They showered flowers and beat sweetly on drums
- We must always remember, however, that such eagerness to follow in the footsteps of the denizens of Braja (Vrndavana) is not possible unless one is freed from material contamination
- When Devahuti would enter that lovely garden to take her bath in the pond filled with lotus flowers, the associates of the denizens of heaven, the Gandharvas, would sing about Kardama's glorious household life
- When Krsna and Balarama were present in the arena of Kamsa, Kamsa's body changed color. Similarly, Indra's face changed color when he saw that Krsna was protecting all the denizens of Braja by lifting Govardhan Hill
- When Narada Muni was one of the denizens of Gandharvaloka, it appears that everyone on that planet is extremely beautiful and pleasing and always decorated with flowers and sandalwood
- When the Lord descends on the earth the whole earth becomes so enriched with all kinds of opulences that even the denizens of heaven worship it with all affection
- While He was passing in the northern direction, all the celestial denizens known as Caranas and Gandharvas, as well as the munis and the damsels of the heavenly planets, prayed and offered Him all respects
- While Satadruti was being married, the demons, the denizens of Gandharvaloka, the great sages, and the denizens of Siddhaloka, the earthly planets and Nagaloka, although highly exalted, were all captivated by the tinkling of her ankle bells
- While Satadruti was thus being married, the demons, the denizens of Gandharvaloka, the great sages, and the denizens of Siddhaloka, the earthly planets and Nagaloka, although highly exalted, were all captivated by the tinkling of her ankle bells
- Without their (the denizens of the heavenly planets) permission, Satyabhama had uprooted a parijata tree, which is not to be found on the earth planet