Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
curb | curbed | curbing | curbs
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Curbing (1 P)
Pages in category "Curb"
The following 26 pages are in this category, out of 26 total.
- A man is inclined to have sex relationships with other women. These propensities are to be curbed; otherwise they will be stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization
- Although Brahma tried to curb his anger, he could not do so, even though he is the supreme being. Such anger in its true color came from between the eyebrows of Brahma as Rudra, in a mixed color of blue (ignorance) and red (passion)
- Although Brahma tried to curb his anger, it came out from between his eyebrows, and a child mixed blue and red was immediately generated
- If we want to curb lamentation for good, then we have to take shelter of Krsna
- In order to show them (the gopis) His causeless mercy and to curb their false pride, He (Krsna) immediately disappeared from the scene, exhibiting His opulence of renunciation
- In the absence of a suitable king to curb irreligious tendencies, educating the people systematically in the teaching of Srimad-Bhagavatam will clear up the hazy atmosphere of corruption, bribery, blackmail, etc
- It appears that now it is the government policy to curb our activities. The zoning problem is another harassment
- Miscreants always want to deny the Supreme Personality of Godhead and put stumbling blocks in the path of devotional service. The Lord sends His bona fide representatives and appears Himself to curb this nonsense
- Mocked by an enemy (Hiranyaksa) whose vanity knew no bounds, the worshipful lord of the waters (Varuna) waxed angry, but by dint of his reason he managed to curb the anger that had sprung up in him
- O Arjuna, best of the Bharatas, in the very beginning curb this great symbol of sin (lust) by regulating the senses, and slay this destroyer of knowledge and self-realization
- O mighty-armed son of Kunti, it is undoubtedly very difficult to curb the restless mind, but it is possible by suitable practice and by detachment
- The general tendency of anyone within this material world is to be envious, and therefore, to become a Krsna conscious person, one must curb this tendency
- The ksatriyas should be very strong to be able to give protection to the weak. They should not pose themselves as nonviolent. If violence is required, they must exhibit it. But a person who is able to curb down his enemy may show forgiveness
- The Lord appeared on the earth to curb the increase in miscreants, and not the increase in population, as is wrongly put forward by the mundane economist
- The Mayavadi philosopher sometimes puts forward the argument of the snake and the rope. In the dark of evening, a curled-up rope is sometimes, due to ignorance, taken for a snake
- The senses cannot be forcibly curbed, but they can be given proper engagement. Purified senses, therefore, are always engaged in the transcendental service of the Lord
- These propensities are to be curbed; otherwise they will be stumbling blocks on the path of self-realization. As long as the material body is there, the necessities of the material body are allowed, but under rules and regulations
- They (The gopis) could understand that when they had been enjoying Krsna they thought themselves to be the most fortunate women within the universe, and since they were feeling proud, Krsna had disappeared immediately just to curb their pride
- They do not like the idea that others should also develop spiritual qualities, because this would curb their false pride in having taken birth in families of the elevated brahmana caste, with a monopoly on spiritual activities
- We are weak, and the material energy is very strong, so to adopt spiritual life is more or less declare war against the material energy. The material, the illusory energy, she is trying to curb this conditioned soul as far as possible
- Whoever causes offenseless living beings to suffer must fear me (Krsna) anywhere and everywhere in the world. By curbing dishonest miscreants, one automatically benefits the offenseless