Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Cultivating Devotional Service to God
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Spiritual Cultivation (11 P)
Pages in category "Cultivating Devotional Service to God"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- A person who is constantly engaged in reading literature enunciating the cultivation of Vaisnava devotional service is always glorious in human society, and certainly Lord Krsna becomes pleased with him
- A person who very carefully keeps such literature (enunciating the cultivation of Vaisnava devotional service) at home and offers respectful obeisances to it becomes freed from all sinful reactions and ultimately becomes worshipable by the demigods
- An example of a sadhaka cultivating devotional service is Bilvamangala Thakur
- I have got some seed of bhakti, and I keep it in the iron chest. No. You must make cultivation of bhakti-bija
- If one cultivates devotional service further and further, under proper guidance, other features of devotional service will gradually become manifest
- If one has fifty years of life ahead of him, he should engage that brief time in cultivating this practice of remembering the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This practice is the devotional process
- If the devotee commits an offense at the feet of a Vaisnava while cultivating the creeper of devotional service in the material world, his offense is compared to a mad elephant that uproots the creeper and breaks it
- In other words, the human body is especially meant for cultivating knowledge of devotional service to the Lord, without which life becomes full of anxieties and miserable conditions
- That Supersoul is perceived by some through meditation, by some through the cultivation of knowledge, and by others through working without fruitive desire. BG 13.25 - 1972
- The brahmanas must keep clean externally by bathing regularly, and within by always chanting Hare Krishna. The symptoms of the brahmana are explained in the Bhagavad-gita and one should cultivate these qualities in their devotional service
- The mind is the index of information about one's past and future lives. If a man is a devotee of the Lord, he cultivated devotional service in his previous life
- The seed of devotional service sown in the heart of the devotee may be cultured by pouring water in the form of hearing and chanting of the holy name and pastimes of the Lord. The creeper of devotional service, so nourished, gradually grows
- There are nine different methods of cultivating devotional service such as hearing, chanting, remembering, etc, and all these processes are employed in the first stage of devotional service
- This devotional service is a sort of cultivation. It is not simply inaction for people who like to be inactive or devote their time to silent meditation
- This is the sum and substance of all instruction regarding the cultivation of devotional service
- This is the way to cultivate devotional service properly; therefore in this verse Srila Rupa Gosvami has advised us how to treat various devotees. We can see from practical experience that there are different types of Vaisnavas