Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
creature | creatures | creature's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Organism (6 P)
Pages in category "Creatures"
The following 126 pages are in this category, out of 126 total.
- A grhastha should not indulge in killing animals or birds for sense gratification. He should provide the necessities of life even to the dogs and the lowest creatures and should not exploit others for sense gratification
- A human being endowed with knowledge certainly commits sin if he kills or torments insignificant creatures, who have no discrimination
- A serpent, by nature, is envious of other living entities, even though they be faultless. When a serpent bites another creature, it is not necessarily because the other creature is at fault; it is the habit of the serpent to bite
- According to the different modes of material nature - the mode of goodness, the mode of passion and the mode of darkness - there are different living creatures, who are known as demigods, human beings and hellish living entities
- After changing the body, a living creature forgets everything of his past life, but because Narayana, the Supersoul, is present within his heart, he is reminded by Him to act according to his past desire
- After hearing the explanation of the atmarama sloka from the Lord, the Bhattacarya was convinced that such a scholarly presentation is impossible for an earthly creature
- All living creatures, who are struggling for existence in this material world, that is their pravrtti, to enjoy this material world. But when one becomes inclined to nivrtti, he becomes devata
- All moving and nonmoving creatures then began to vibrate the transcendental sound of Hare Krsna, as if they were echoing the deep sound of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- All these poor creatures are constantly perplexed by hunger, thirst, severe cold, secretion and bile, attacked by coughing winter, blasting summer, rains and many other disturbing elements, and overwhelmed by strong sex urges and indefatigable anger
- Another gopi said, "Everything appears wonderful when Krsna and Balarama travel in the forest of Vrndavana playing Their flutes and making intimate friendship with all kinds of moving and nonmoving living creatures"
- Any living creature who wants real benefit in life must act according to the direction of the Vedic literature
- Arjuna addresses Krsna as the great-grandfather because He is the father of Brahma, the first living creature in the universe
- Arjuna sees everything in the universe; therefore he sees Brahma, who is the first creature in the universe, and the celestial serpent upon which the Garbhodakasayi Visnu lies in the lower regions of the universe. This snake bed is called Vasuki
- As for the material creation, Brahma is the first created person. Before Brahma there was no living creature within this material world; it was void & dark until Brahma was born on the lotus flower that sprouted from the abdomen of Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- Atri Rsi was doubtful about the constitutional position of the Supreme Lord, Visnu, but he was quite certain that the Lord of the universe cannot be one of the creatures created by maya
- Because the soul is within the body, the body changes through so many forms. There is a soul within the body of every living creature, whether animal, tree, bird or human being, and the soul is transmigrating from one type of body to another
- Brahma is addressed as pitamaha, grandfather. He's the original first creature in this material world, in this universe, and everyone has come from him. Therefore he is called pitamaha. Pitamaha means grandfather
- Brahma is the first creature in this universe. He is the first living entity. He accepts his inability to understand about Krsna, and what to speak of others
- Brahma is the original living creature in the universe, from whom were generated the Manu Svayambhuva and his wife Satarupa
- Brahma is the original living creature in the universe, from whom were generated the Manu Svayambhuva and his wife Satarupa. From Manu, two sons and three daughters were born, and from them all the population in different planets has sprung up until now
- Brahma is the original source of all scientific knowledge. He is born directly from the transcendental body of Garbhodakasayi Visnu, who is never seen by any creature of this material universe and therefore always remains unmanifested
- Brahma, the first creature of this universe, he's also considered as one of the saktyavesa avataras
- But how is this living force displayed immortally? It is not displayed by man or any other creature in this material universe, for none of us are immortal in these bodies
- Even if we get some knowledge by touch or otherwise, it is all either mistaken or incomplete. It is just like the group of blind men who had encountered an elephant and tried to describe the strange new creature to one another
- Even in simply drinking water, we kill many tiny aquatic creatures. We kill many such living entities merely by cleaning our homes or when eating and sleeping. In sum, we cannot avoid all the sins we incur, even unconsciously
- Even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna, and this was certified by the demigods, the most beautiful living creatures in the universe
- Every living entity, from demons to demigods to human beings to lower creatures, is fully dependent on the Supreme Lord. One who perceives the Absolute Truth in this way can wholeheartedly surrender to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Foolish creatures are enamored by the beauty of matter and think that the enjoyment it offers is real, but actually that is not real enjoyment
- Foolish creatures do not know that they are nothing but play dolls in the hands of material nature
- Foolish, faithless creatures try to avoid the existence of the Lord and proclaim themselves secular at the cost of valuable human life
- From the Vedic history of creation we can understand that the first living creature was Lord Brahma, who created the seven great sages and other Prajapatis to increase the universal population
- He (Indra) had offered his prayer, tipping down his head to the lotus feet of Krsna, but as soon as his purpose had been served, he became a different creature. That is the way of the dealings of materialistic men
- He (King Nagnajit) presented himself before the Lord thus: “My dear Lord, You are the proprietor of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are Narayana, the resting place of all living creatures
- His (a person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) entrails are pulled out by the hounds and vultures of hell, even though he is still alive to see it, and he is subjected to torment by serpents, scorpions, gnats and other creatures that bite
- I (Akrura) am bereft of Your transcendental association, being just like a foolish creature who leaves a water hole covered by water-nourished vegetation and goes in search of water in the desert
- I am lower than you. I am the lowest of the all creatures. I am simply trying to execute the order of my spiritual master. That's all. That should be the business of everyone. Try best. Try your best to execute the higher order
- If you kill anyone, then you'll have to suffer, because everyone is God's creature. They are in different dress only
- In the agricultural fields there may be many mice, flies and other creatures that disturb production, and sometimes they are killed by pesticides. In this verse, however, such killing is forbidden
- In the beginning of creation, the Lord of all creatures sent forth generations of men and demigods, along with sacrifices for Visnu
- In the Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that He appears by His internal potency, which is free from the bondage of the external potency. What is bondage for the ordinary creature is freedom for the Personality of Godhead
- In the Brahma-samhita, Brahma is describing means from the very creation. Brahma is the first creature of this universe. So he has explained about Krsna by his experience, by his realization
- Insurmountable time even brings about the death of Brahma, so what to speak of other demigods like Indra, Candra, Surya, Vayu & Varuna? The astronomical influence directed by the different demigods over mundane creatures is also conspicuous by its absence
- It is necessary that every human being be responsible in preparing himself for the next life, even if he has a duration of life like that of Brahma, the greatest of all living creatures within the universe
- It is our duty to make all these misfortunate, unfortunate creatures fortunate. That is our mission. We therefore go in the street and chant
- Kaliya continued, "I did not know Your actual position, and out of ignorance I have committed such horrible offenses. Please save me. I am a most unfortunate, foolish creature. Please be merciful to me"
- Kaliya said, "You are the original creator of the modes of material nature, by which the universe is created. You are the cause of the different kinds of mentality possessed by living creatures, by which they have obtained different varieties of bodies"
- Kaliya said, "Your Lordship knows well that it is very difficult to give up one’s natural instincts, although by such instincts the living creature transmigrates from one body to another"
- Kaliya's wives said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have descended to punish all kinds of demoniac living creatures. Our husband, this Kaliya, is a greatly sinful creature, and so Your punishment for him is quite appropriate"
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Krsna is the center of all affection for all living creatures. When this affection is developed for Krsna, one surpasses and transcends all Vedic injunctions
- Krsna is the Supersoul of all living creatures, so He could understand the mind of Satya. He was also very much pleased with the respectful worship of the King in offering Him a sitting place, eatables, a residence and so on
- Krsna said, "Your (the gopis) feelings of love and affection for Me are very appropriate because I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead. All living creatures are My parts and parcels, and naturally they are affectionate to Me"
- Krsna was very expert in playing the flute, and the gopis were captivated by the sound vibration, which was attractive not only to them but to all living creatures who heard it
- Maha-Visnu is but a part of a part of the plenary expansion of Krsna. Under these circumstances, although Lord Brahma is the supreme creature within this universe, what is his importance in the presence of Lord Krsna?
- Material nature cannot produce living creatures unless in contact with the supreme father, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Milk, butter, cheese and similar products give animal fat in a form which rules out any need for the killing of innocent creatures. It is only through brute mentality that this killing goes on. The civilized method of obtaining needed fat is by milk
- Mundane and compromising offers attract many foolish creatures, who become puffed up with their manufactured methods of spiritual realization. The Vedic instructions, however, do not uphold them
- Simply keep faith that whatever we describe, that is a fact. After all, we are an insignificant creature in the universe, so whether you take the modern scientists or Sukadeva Goswami, it is inconceivable
- Some creatures are born from embryos, some from perspiration, and some from seeds. In this way, all living entities emanate from the guna-avatara of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Some of them come from embryos, some from eggs and some from the fermentation of perspiration. Different living creatures have different sources of appearance, but one should not conclude that matter produces such living creatures
- Sometimes we find a small full-stop-like creature moving on the page of the, on a leaf of the book. You cannot see it, but it is moving. That small creature also has got heart
- Spiritual happiness, is ananta, unending. Foolish creatures are enamored by the beauty of matter and think that the enjoyment it offers is real, but actually that is not real enjoyment
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Srimati Radharani continued, "I shall give you anything because you are so kind to Me. You (bumblebee) have come to take Me to Krsna because He is not able to come here, being surrounded by new girlfriends in Mathura. But you are a tiny creature"
- The brahmanas, the cows and the defenseless creatures are My (the Lord's) own body. Those whose faculty of judgment has been impaired by their own sin look upon these as distinct from Me. They are just like furious serpents
- The demons said "Let us kill all the cows, which are the source of butter, which is so necessary for performing sacrifices. Please give us your (Kamsa) permission to kill all these creatures"
- The first living creature, the perfect person within this material world who got instruction there, that is the beginning of creation. Beginning of creation is not crude or ignorance. Beginning of creation is first-class knowledge
- The form of Garbhodakasayi Visnu is called Narayana because He rests Himself on that water. In addition, He is the resting place of all living creatures. Besides that, Narayana is also present in everyone’s heart, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- The gopis said, "In the beginning we appreciated your workmanship in giving us these eyes to see the beautiful face of Krsna, but now, just like a foolish creature, you are taking away our eyes by not letting us see Krsna here anymore"
- The gopis said, "Our husbands, friends, family members and children are all dear and pleasing to us only because of Your presence, for You are the Supersoul of all living creatures. Without Your presence, one is worthless"
- The gross materialists, however, do not believe in the anti-material worlds of the Personality of Godhead. They are therefore unfortunate creatures, although sometimes very talented, educated and advanced otherwise
- The human life is especially meant for knowing the science of God, but foolish creatures, especially in this age of Kali, instead of knowing God scientifically, make propaganda against religious belief as well as the existence of God
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are all brahma-bhuta living entities, as distinguished from the mundane creatures who are all compact in hankering and lamentation
- The Lord and His different authorized devotees sometimes have to play the role of many lower creatures to claim the conditioned souls, but both the Lord and His pure devotees are always in the transcendental position
- The Lord is giving a genealogical synopsis of the universal population. Brahma is the original creature born out of the energy of the Supreme Lord, who is known as Hiranyagarbha
- The Lord of all creatures
- The lower grade of living creatures take shelter of Lord Siva because he is very kind to everyone and is very quickly satisfied
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "As the controller of the entire time force, You (Krsna) simply glance over the material energy, thereby creating this universe and energizing the different modes of material nature, which act differently in different creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "He (Kaliya) must have undergone all kinds of penances and austerities, humbly honored others and executed universal welfare activities for all living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "It is already clear that this creature appearing in the body of a serpent must have been overburdened with all kinds of sin; otherwise, how could he have the body of a serpent?"
- The Nagapatnis said, "Our dear Lord, every living creature is Your offspring, and You (Krsna) maintain everyone. This serpent is also Your offspring, and You can excuse him once although he has offended You, undoubtedly without knowing Your supremacy"
- The original creature of this universe, known as the adi-kavi, or Lord Brahma, was instructed by Krsna through the heart. After receiving these Vedic instructions from Lord Krsna Himself, Brahma distributed the knowledge by the parampara system
- The poor foolish materialist can just imagine how ignorantly he puts forward an insignificant creature to become His rival incarnation, simply on the allegations of a dying man
- The Sanskrit word for a human being is manusya, "coming from Manu." So Manu is also coming from Brahma. In this way, as the conception of a first creature, Adam, similarly, a first living being is Lord Brahma
- The situation was very dangerous, especially for the animals. The rainfall was accompanied by great winds, and every living creature in Vrndavana began to tremble from the severe cold
- The so-called spiritual masters say that any and all paths will take one to the supreme goal. Such mundane and compromising offers attract many foolish creatures, who become puffed up with their manufactured methods of spiritual realization
- The Supreme Lord punishes such a man by putting him into the hell known as Andhakupa, where he is attacked by all the birds and beasts, reptiles, mosquitoes, lice, worms, flies, and any other creatures he tormented during his life
- The Vedic injunctions are self-authorized, and if some mundane creature adjusts the interpretations of the Vedas, he defies their authority. It is foolish to think of oneself as more intelligent than Srila Vyasadeva
- The word 'ca' is for emphasis, and the word 'api' is used to indicate an aggregate. Thus it is to be understood that even dull creatures (birds and illiterates) can also be situated in endurance and engage in Krsna's devotional service
- The word 'muni' also means 'bird' and 'bumblebee.' The word 'nirgrantha' refers to foolish people. By the mercy of Krsna, such creatures contact a sadhu (spiritual master) and thus engage in devotional service
- Then why a sadhu is pleased when a sarpa, a scorpion, or snake is killed? The reason is that these two kinds of creatures, they bite innocent persons without any fault. Without any fault. Or for little fault
- There are many earthly creatures who constantly represent the Rudra element. The snake, tiger and lion are always representations of Rudra
- There is no point in arguing that a materialistic man can be happy. No materialistic creature - be he the great Brahma or an insignificant ant - can be happy
- They (birds, beasts, reptiles, mosquitoes, lice, worms, flies, and any other creatures he tormented during his life) attack him (who, endowed with knowledge, killed or tormented insignificant creatures) from all sides, robbing him of the pleasure of sleep
- They (pure devotees) always think of the Lord as their only dependable friend and well-wisher. They do not care for any mundane creature, up to the status of Brahma, the lord of the universe
- This superior nature can be understood as the living force, which is present in the bodies of all living creatures
- Throughout the entire material world, beginning from Brahma down to the small, insignificant creatures like the ant, everyone is attracted by sex life. That is the basic principle of this material world
- Thus all living creatures within this material world, including Brahma, all the demigods and all the Raksasas, are to be considered modern. This means that they were all born recently
- Unable to rest, he (who, endowed with knowledge, killed or tormented insignificant creatures) constantly wanders about in the darkness. Thus in Andhakupa his suffering is just like that of a creature in the lower species
- Undoubtedly the Lord is always within the hearts of all living creatures, but they hardly know about it because they are deluded by the illusory material energy
- We have a distinct position that we are neither cheated nor cheaters. We are the genuine representative of Krishna who is the friend of all living creatures. We must play our part independently only on faith in Krishna and His bona fide representatives
- We should always be aware that we are insignificant creature. Our opinion and thinking has no value. This should be the first principle. Why should you give opinion on the words of Krsna?
- What is the meaning of living being? Dull matter, it has no independence. Even it is a big mountain or big thing, it has no independence. It will stand still. But a small ant, even a microbe, it has got independence because it is living creature
- When Krsna and Balarama play on Their transcendental flutes, the moving creatures become stunned and stop their activities
- When the florist was offered benedictions, he begged from the Lord that he might remain His eternal servant in devotional service and by such service do good to all living creatures
- When the genitals of the gigantic form separately became manifest, then Prajapati, the original living creature, entered into them with his partial semen, and thus the living entities can enjoy sex pleasure
- Where am I, a small creature of seven spans the measure of my own hand? I am enclosed in the universe composed of material nature, the total material energy, false ego, ether, air, water and earth