creature | creatures | creature's
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Creatures"
The following 162 pages are in this category, out of 162 total.
- A grhastha should not indulge in killing animals or birds for sense gratification. He should provide the necessities of life even to the dogs and the lowest creatures and should not exploit others for sense gratification
- A human being endowed with knowledge certainly commits sin if he kills or torments insignificant creatures, who have no discrimination
- A person who knows the principles of religion does not kill an enemy who is careless, intoxicated, insane, asleep, afraid or devoid of his chariot. Nor does he kill a boy, a woman, a foolish creature or a surrendered soul
- A serpent, by nature, is envious of other living entities, even though they be faultless. When a serpent bites another creature, it is not necessarily because the other creature is at fault; it is the habit of the serpent to bite
- According to the different modes of material nature - the mode of goodness, the mode of passion and the mode of darkness - there are different living creatures, who are known as demigods, human beings and hellish living entities
- After changing the body, a living creature forgets everything of his past life, but because Narayana, the Supersoul, is present within his heart, he is reminded by Him to act according to his past desire
- After hearing the explanation of the atmarama sloka from the Lord, the Bhattacarya was convinced that such a scholarly presentation is impossible for an earthly creature
- All living creatures, who are struggling for existence in this material world, that is their pravrtti, to enjoy this material world. But when one becomes inclined to nivrtti, he becomes devata
- All moving and nonmoving creatures then began to vibrate the transcendental sound of Hare Krsna, as if they were echoing the deep sound of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- All these poor creatures are constantly perplexed by hunger, thirst, severe cold, secretion and bile, attacked by coughing winter, blasting summer, rains and many other disturbing elements, and overwhelmed by strong sex urges and indefatigable anger
- Although he is unborn and is the chief of all living creatures, he is situated in that exalted post because of the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whom even great yogis worship by controlling the mind and regulating the life air (prana)
- Another gopi said, "Everything appears wonderful when Krsna and Balarama travel in the forest of Vrndavana playing Their flutes and making intimate friendship with all kinds of moving and nonmoving living creatures"
- Any living creature who wants real benefit in life must act according to the direction of the Vedic literature
- Arjuna addresses Krsna as the great-grandfather because He is the father of Brahma, the first living creature in the universe
- Arjuna sees everything in the universe; therefore he sees Brahma, who is the first creature in the universe, and the celestial serpent upon which the Garbhodakasayi Visnu lies in the lower regions of the universe. This snake bed is called Vasuki
- As far as we are concerned, we are creatures of Lord Brahma's creation. Under the circumstances, therefore, we cannot offer you adequate prayers, but as far as our ability allows, we have expressed our feelings
- As for the material creation, Brahma is the first created person. Before Brahma there was no living creature within this material world; it was void & dark until Brahma was born on the lotus flower that sprouted from the abdomen of Garbhodakasayi Visnu
- Atri Rsi was doubtful about the constitutional position of the Supreme Lord, Visnu, but he was quite certain that the Lord of the universe cannot be one of the creatures created by maya
- Because the soul is within the body, the body changes through so many forms. There is a soul within the body of every living creature, whether animal, tree, bird or human being, and the soul is transmigrating from one type of body to another
- Brahma is addressed as pitamaha, grandfather. He's the original first creature in this material world, in this universe, and everyone has come from him. Therefore he is called pitamaha. Pitamaha means grandfather
- Brahma is the first creature in this universe. He is the first living entity. He accepts his inability to understand about Krsna, and what to speak of others
- Brahma is the original living creature in the universe, from whom were generated the Manu Svayambhuva and his wife Satarupa
- Brahma is the original living creature in the universe, from whom were generated the Manu Svayambhuva and his wife Satarupa. From Manu, two sons and three daughters were born, and from them all the population in different planets has sprung up until now
- Brahma is the original source of all scientific knowledge. He is born directly from the transcendental body of Garbhodakasayi Visnu, who is never seen by any creature of this material universe and therefore always remains unmanifested
- Brahma, the first creature of this universe, he's also considered as one of the saktyavesa avataras
- But how is this living force displayed immortally? It is not displayed by man or any other creature in this material universe, for none of us are immortal in these bodies
- By hearing the narration of the pastimes of the Lord, one contacts directly the Personality of Godhead, and, as explained before, by hearing about the Personality of Godhead, from within, all accumulated sins of the mundane creature are cleared
- By the arrangement of the Supreme Lord, low-grade living beings like bugs and mosquitoes suck the blood of human beings and other animals. Such insignificant creatures are unaware that their bites are painful to the human being
- Even if we get some knowledge by touch or otherwise, it is all either mistaken or incomplete. It is just like the group of blind men who had encountered an elephant and tried to describe the strange new creature to one another
- Even in simply drinking water, we kill many tiny aquatic creatures. We kill many such living entities merely by cleaning our homes or when eating and sleeping. In sum, we cannot avoid all the sins we incur, even unconsciously
- Even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna, and this was certified by the demigods, the most beautiful living creatures in the universe
- Every living entity, from demons to demigods to human beings to lower creatures, is fully dependent on the Supreme Lord. One who perceives the Absolute Truth in this way can wholeheartedly surrender to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Foolish creatures are enamored by the beauty of matter and think that the enjoyment it offers is real, but actually that is not real enjoyment
- Foolish creatures do not know that they are nothing but play dolls in the hands of material nature
- Foolish creatures, especially in this age of Kali, instead of knowing God scientifically, make propaganda against religious belief & the existence of God, even though they are always bound by God's laws by the symptoms of birth, death, old age & disease
- Foolish, faithless creatures try to avoid the existence of the Lord and proclaim themselves secular at the cost of valuable human life
- From the Vedic history of creation we can understand that the first living creature was Lord Brahma, who created the seven great sages and other Prajapatis to increase the universal population
- Having equipped himself with austere penance, adoration, mental concentration and absorption in devotion, accompanied by dispassion, and having controlled his senses, Brahma, the self-born living creature, evolved great sages as his beloved sons
- He (Indra) had offered his prayer, tipping down his head to the lotus feet of Krsna, but as soon as his purpose had been served, he became a different creature. That is the way of the dealings of materialistic men
- He (King Nagnajit) presented himself before the Lord thus, "My dear Lord, You are the proprietor of the whole cosmic manifestation, and You are Narayana, the resting place of all living creatures"
- His (a person who was engaged in criminal sense gratification) entrails are pulled out by the hounds and vultures of hell, even though he is still alive to see it, and he is subjected to torment by serpents, scorpions, gnats and other creatures that bite
- I (Akrura) am bereft of Your transcendental association, being just like a foolish creature who leaves a water hole covered by water-nourished vegetation and goes in search of water in the desert
- I am lower than you. I am the lowest of the all creatures. I am simply trying to execute the order of my spiritual master. That's all. That should be the business of everyone. Try best. Try your best to execute the higher order
- In that transcendental state of labdhopasanti, there is no supremacy of devastating time, which controls even the celestial demigods who are empowered to rule over mundane creatures
- In the agricultural fields there may be many mice, flies and other creatures that disturb production, and sometimes they are killed by pesticides. In this verse, however, such killing is forbidden
- In the beginning of creation, the Lord of all creatures sent forth generations of men and demigods, along with sacrifices for Visnu
- In the Bhagavad-gita, the Lord says that He appears by His internal potency, which is free from the bondage of the external potency. What is bondage for the ordinary creature is freedom for the Personality of Godhead
- In the Brahma-samhita, Brahma is describing means from the very creation. Brahma is the first creature of this universe. So he has explained about Krsna by his experience, by his realization
- In the forest of the material world, the conditioned soul is sometimes bitten by envious enemies, which are compared to serpents and other creatures. Through the tricks of the enemy, the conditioned soul falls from his prestigious position
- In this age there is enmity toward poor animals, and therefore the poor creatures are always anxious
- Insurmountable time even brings about the death of Brahma, so what to speak of other demigods like Indra, Candra, Surya, Vayu & Varuna? The astronomical influence directed by the different demigods over mundane creatures is also conspicuous by its absence
- It is necessary that every human being be responsible in preparing himself for the next life, even if he has a duration of life like that of Brahma, the greatest of all living creatures within the universe
- It is our duty to make all these misfortunate, unfortunate creatures fortunate. That is our mission. We therefore go in the street and chant
- Kaliya continued, "I did not know Your actual position, and out of ignorance I have committed such horrible offenses. Please save me. I am a most unfortunate, foolish creature. Please be merciful to me"
- Kaliya said, "You are the original creator of the modes of material nature, by which the universe is created. You are the cause of the different kinds of mentality possessed by living creatures, by which they have obtained different varieties of bodies"
- Kaliya said, "Your Lordship knows well that it is very difficult to give up one’s natural instincts, although by such instincts the living creature transmigrates from one body to another"
- Kaliya's wives said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have descended to punish all kinds of demoniac living creatures. Our husband, this Kaliya, is a greatly sinful creature, and so Your punishment for him is quite appropriate"
- Kaliya's wives said, "We know that Your (Krsna's) punishment for Your enemies and Your dealings with Your sons are both the same. We know that it is in thinking of the future welfare of this condemned creature that You have chastised him"
- Krsna is the center of all affection for all living creatures. When this affection is developed for Krsna, one surpasses and transcends all Vedic injunctions
- Krsna is the Supersoul of all living creatures, so He could understand the mind of Satya. He was also very much pleased with the respectful worship of the King in offering Him a sitting place, eatables, a residence and so on
- Krsna said, "Your (the gopis) feelings of love and affection for Me are very appropriate because I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead. All living creatures are My parts and parcels, and naturally they are affectionate to Me"
- Krsna was very expert in playing the flute, and the gopis were captivated by the sound vibration, which was attractive not only to them but to all living creatures who heard it
- Maha-Visnu is but a part of a part of the plenary expansion of Krsna. Under these circumstances, although Lord Brahma is the supreme creature within this universe, what is his importance in the presence of Lord Krsna?
- Material nature cannot produce living creatures unless in contact with the supreme father, the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Milk, butter, cheese and similar products give animal fat in a form which rules out any need for the killing of innocent creatures. It is only through brute mentality that this killing goes on. The civilized method of obtaining needed fat is by milk
- Mundane and compromising offers attract many foolish creatures, who become puffed up with their manufactured methods of spiritual realization. The Vedic instructions, however, do not uphold them
- My dear gentle wife Bhavani, when one performs benevolent activities for others, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, is very pleased. And when the Lord is pleased, I am also pleased, along with all other living creatures
- My dear son, thereafter your nine brothers, who are the masters of living creatures, performed the sacrifice with proper rituals to satisfy both the manifested and nonmanifested personalities
- Narada Said: Therefore give up your (Yudhisthira) anxiety due to ignorance of the self. You are now thinking of how they, who are helpless poor creatures, will exist without you
- No earthly creature can expect to have things from the heavenly kingdom, especially the parijata flowers, which are simply to be used by the demigods
- O descendant of Bharata, he who dwells in the body is eternal and can never be slain. Therefore you need not grieve for any creature. BG 2.30 - 1972
- O King, even a particular mode of nature, being mixed with the other two, is divided into three, and thus each kind of living creature is influenced by the other modes and acquires its habits also
- O sinless Vidura, all of a sudden, while Brahma was engaged in thinking, a small form of a boar came out of his nostril. The measurement of the creature was not more than the upper portion of a thumb
- One cowherd boy said, "Krsna killed the Putana demon exactly as eternal time kills a living creature in due course"
- One day Brahma, the self-born, the first living creature, felt as if the object of his life had been accomplished. At that time he evolved from his mind the Manus, who promote the welfare activities of the universe
- One should understand that pradhana, matter, cannot act unless impelled by a living creature. The materialistic theory that matter independently acts cannot, therefore, be accepted
- Simply keep faith that whatever we describe, that is a fact. After all, we are an insignificant creature in the universe, so whether you take the modern scientists or Sukadeva Goswami, it is inconceivable
- Some creatures are born from embryos, some from perspiration, and some from seeds. In this way, all living entities emanate from the guna-avatara of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Some of them come from embryos, some from eggs and some from the fermentation of perspiration. Different living creatures have different sources of appearance, but one should not conclude that matter produces such living creatures
- Sometimes we find a small full-stop-like creature moving on the page of the, on a leaf of the book. You cannot see it, but it is moving. That small creature also has got heart
- Spiritual happiness, is ananta, unending. Foolish creatures are enamored by the beauty of matter and think that the enjoyment it offers is real, but actually that is not real enjoyment
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Srimati Radharani continued, "I shall give you anything because you are so kind to Me. You (bumblebee) have come to take Me to Krsna because He is not able to come here, being surrounded by new girlfriends in Mathura. But you are a tiny creature"
- Such (Vidura) a devotee is neither a sudra nor a brahmana. He is transcendental to divisions of mundane society, just as the Personality of Godhead assumes His incarnation as a hog, but He is neither a hog nor a Brahma. He is above all mundane creatures
- Such a person is forced to give up his body and his family at the time of death, when he suffers the reaction for his envy of other creatures by being thrown into the hell called Raurava
- Taking a trident in his hand and making the surface of the earth tremble with his footsteps, that blazing creature came before Maharaja Ambarisa. But the King, upon seeing him, was not at all disturbed and did not move even slightly from his position
- The brahmanas, the cows and the defenseless creatures are My (the Lord's) own body. Those whose faculty of judgment has been impaired by their own sin look upon these as distinct from Me. They are just like furious serpents
- The demons said "Let us kill all the cows, which are the source of butter, which is so necessary for performing sacrifices. Please give us your (Kamsa) permission to kill all these creatures"
- The first living creature, the perfect person within this material world who got instruction there, that is the beginning of creation. Beginning of creation is not crude or ignorance. Beginning of creation is first-class knowledge
- The form of Garbhodakasayi Visnu is called Narayana because He rests Himself on that water. In addition, He is the resting place of all living creatures. Besides that, Narayana is also present in everyone's heart, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- The four boy-sages, who had nothing to cover their bodies but the atmosphere, looked only five years old, even though they were the oldest of all living creatures and had realized the truth of the self
- The gopis said, "In the beginning we appreciated your workmanship in giving us these eyes to see the beautiful face of Krsna, but now, just like a foolish creature, you are taking away our eyes by not letting us see Krsna here anymore"
- The gopis said, "Our husbands, friends, family members and children are all dear and pleasing to us only because of Your presence, for You are the Supersoul of all living creatures. Without Your presence, one is worthless"
- The gross materialists, however, do not believe in the anti-material worlds of the Personality of Godhead. They are therefore unfortunate creatures, although sometimes very talented, educated and advanced otherwise
- The inhabitants of the Vaikuntha planets are all brahma-bhuta living entities, as distinguished from the mundane creatures who are all compact in hankering and lamentation
- The killing of the above-mentioned (brahmanas, the cows, the women, the children and the old men) innocent creatures is totally forbidden because even by insulting them one loses one's duration of life
- The Lord and His different authorized devotees sometimes have to play the role of many lower creatures to claim the conditioned souls, but both the Lord and His pure devotees are always in the transcendental position
- The Lord is giving a genealogical synopsis of the universal population. Brahma is the original creature born out of the energy of the Supreme Lord, who is known as Hiranyagarbha
- The lower grade of living creatures take shelter of Lord Siva because he is very kind to everyone and is very quickly satisfied
- The Nagapatnis said, "Although You have expanded into the three principal deities of this universe - namely Brahma, Visnu and Siva - for creation, maintenance and destruction, Your appearance as Visnu is actually for the benediction of living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "As the controller of the entire time force, You (Krsna) simply glance over the material energy, thereby creating this universe and energizing the different modes of material nature, which act differently in different creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "He (Kaliya) must have undergone all kinds of penances and austerities, humbly honored others and executed universal welfare activities for all living creatures"
- The Nagapatnis said, "It is already clear that this creature appearing in the body of a serpent must have been overburdened with all kinds of sin; otherwise, how could he have the body of a serpent?"
- The Nagapatnis said, "Our dear Lord, every living creature is Your offspring, and You (Krsna) maintain everyone. This serpent is also Your offspring, and You can excuse him once although he has offended You, undoubtedly without knowing Your supremacy"
- The ocean with its high waves wailed aloud as if stricken with sorrow, and there was a commotion among the creatures inhabiting the ocean. The rivers and lakes were also agitated, and lotuses withered
- The original creature of this universe, known as the adi-kavi, or Lord Brahma, was instructed by Krsna through the heart. After receiving these Vedic instructions from Lord Krsna Himself, Brahma distributed the knowledge by the parampara system
- The PG said: Indeed, We are creatures of the jungle, and We are searching after hunting dogs like you. One who is freed from the entanglement of death has no fear from the loose talk in which you are indulging, for you are bound up by the laws of death
- The poor foolish materialist can just imagine how ignorantly he puts forward an insignificant creature to become His rival incarnation, simply on the allegations of a dying man
- The Sanskrit word for a human being is manusya, "coming from Manu." So Manu is also coming from Brahma. In this way, as the conception of a first creature, Adam, similarly, a first living being is Lord Brahma
- The seven great sages and before them the four other great sages and the Manus (progenitors of mankind) are born out of My mind, and all creatures in these planets descend from them. BG 10.6 - 1972
- The situation was very dangerous, especially for the animals. The rainfall was accompanied by great winds, and every living creature in Vrndavana began to tremble from the severe cold
- The so-called spiritual masters say that any and all paths will take one to the supreme goal. Such mundane and compromising offers attract many foolish creatures, who become puffed up with their manufactured methods of spiritual realization
- The Supreme Lord punishes such a man by putting him into the hell known as Andhakupa, where he is attacked by all the birds and beasts, reptiles, mosquitoes, lice, worms, flies, and any other creatures he tormented during his life
- The Vedic injunctions are self-authorized, and if some mundane creature adjusts the interpretations of the Vedas, he defies their authority. It is foolish to think of oneself as more intelligent than Srila Vyasadeva
- The word 'ca' is for emphasis, and the word 'api' is used to indicate an aggregate. Thus it is to be understood that even dull creatures (birds and illiterates) can also be situated in endurance and engage in Krsna's devotional service
- The word 'muni' also means 'bird' and 'bumblebee.' The word 'nirgrantha' refers to foolish people. By the mercy of Krsna, such creatures contact a sadhu (spiritual master) and thus engage in devotional service
- Then why a sadhu is pleased when a sarpa, a scorpion, or snake is killed? The reason is that these two kinds of creatures, they bite innocent persons without any fault. Without any fault. Or for little fault
- There are innumerable suns and innumerable planetary systems also. As infinitesimal parts and parcels of the Supreme Lord, we small creatures are trying to dominate these unlimited planets. Thus we take repeated birth and death
- There are many earthly creatures who constantly represent the Rudra element. The snake, tiger and lion are always representations of Rudra
- There is no point in arguing that a materialistic man can be happy. No materialistic creature - be he the great Brahma or an insignificant ant - can be happy
- Therefore only in name is he Siva, or auspicious; actually, he is the most mad and inauspicious creature. Thus he is very dear to crazy beings in the gross mode of ignorance, and he is their leader
- Therefore, O Vidura, how can persons completely under the shelter of Lord Krsna in devotional service be put into miseries pertaining to the body, the mind, nature, and other men and living creatures?
- Therefore, through charitable gifts and attention, as well as through friendly behavior and by viewing all to be alike, one should propitiate Me, who abide in all creatures as their very Self
- Therefore, whether one is a demigod or a demon, a man or a creature other than man, such as a beast or bird, everyone should worship Lord Ramacandra, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who appears on this earth just like a human being
- They (birds, beasts, reptiles, mosquitoes, lice, worms, flies, and any other creatures he tormented during his life) attack him (who, endowed with knowledge, killed or tormented insignificant creatures) from all sides, robbing him of the pleasure of sleep
- They (boys, brahmanas and women) are all innocent creatures, and in all circumstances killing of them is forbidden in the scriptures. Maharaja Yudhisthira was aware of these mass killings
- They (pure devotees) always think of the Lord as their only dependable friend and well-wisher. They do not care for any mundane creature, up to the status of Brahma, the lord of the universe
- They attack him from all sides, robbing him of the pleasure of sleep. Unable to rest, he constantly wanders about in the darkness. Thus in Andhakupa his suffering is just like that of a creature in the lower species
- This superior nature can be understood as the living force, which is present in the bodies of all living creatures
- Throughout the entire material world, beginning from Brahma down to the small, insignificant creatures like the ant, everyone is attracted by sex life. That is the basic principle of this material world
- Thus all living creatures within this material world, including Brahma, all the demigods and all the Raksasas, are to be considered modern. This means that they were all born recently
- Unable to rest, he (who, endowed with knowledge, killed or tormented insignificant creatures) constantly wanders about in the darkness. Thus in Andhakupa his suffering is just like that of a creature in the lower species
- Undoubtedly the Lord is always within the hearts of all living creatures, but they hardly know about it because they are deluded by the illusory material energy
- We are all creatures of material nature. In the Bhagavad-gita it is said that the Lord Himself is the seed-giving father and material nature is the mother of all living beings in all shapes
- We have a distinct position that we are neither cheated nor cheaters. We are the genuine representative of Krishna who is the friend of all living creatures. We must play our part independently only on faith in Krishna and His bona fide representatives
- We should always be aware that we are insignificant creature. Our opinion and thinking has no value. This should be the first principle. Why should you give opinion on the words of Krsna?
- What can a poor creature like me describe of those transformations? I can give only a hint of them, as if showing the moon through the branches of a tree
- What is the meaning of living being? Dull matter, it has no independence. Even it is a big mountain or big thing, it has no independence. It will stand still. But a small ant, even a microbe, it has got independence because it is living creature
- When Krsna and Balarama play on Their transcendental flutes, the moving creatures become stunned and stop their activities
- When the florist was offered benedictions, he begged from the Lord that he might remain His eternal servant in devotional service and by such service do good to all living creatures
- When the genitals of the gigantic form separately became manifest, then Prajapati, the original living creature, entered into them with his partial semen, and thus the living entities can enjoy sex pleasure
- When we think of our kith and kin as being helpless and dependent on us, it is all due to ignorance. Every living creature is allowed all protection by the order of the Supreme Lord in terms of each one's acquired position in the world
- Where am I, a small creature of seven spans the measure of my own hand? I am enclosed in the universe composed of material nature, the total material energy, false ego, ether, air, water and earth