Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cousin | cousins | cousin's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Cousin"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- After seeing the very opulent capital city, Akrura met King Dhrtarastra. He also saw grandfather Bhisma sitting with him. After meeting them, he went to see Vidura and then Kunti, Akrura's cousin
- Akrura happened to be one of the cousins of Kunti; therefore, after meeting him, she began to inquire about her paternal relatives
- Akrura hinted that if Dhrtarastra did not treat the Pandavas and his sons as equals, surely there would be a fight between the two camps of cousins
- Because the relationship between these cousins (Rukmi and Rukmini) was distant, such a marriage was not uncommon
- Bhimasena, the second brother of the Pandavas, smiled & embraced Lord Krsna, thinking of Him as his own maternal cousin & thus he also merged in great ecstasy. Bhimasena was so filled with ecstasy that for the time being he forgot his material existence
- Dantavakra said, "My dear Krsna, after all, You are my maternal cousin, and I should not kill You in this way, but unfortunately You have committed a great mistake by killing my friend Salva"
- During this time, Krsna, the maternal cousin of the Pandavas, & His special friend Arjuna were both throwing the liquid substances on the bodies of the queens. The queens became bashful, but at the same time their beautiful smiling brightened their faces
- Duryodhana knew that after Draupadi's dinner it would be impossible for Maharaja Yudhisthira to receive such a large number of brahmana guests, and thus the rsi would be annoyed and would create some trouble for his cousin Maharaja Yudhisthira
- He (Krsna) accepted the position of younger cousin to Yudhisthira, He was speaking in a very gentle tone which enhanced His beautiful bodily features
- He (Maharaja Yudhisthira) fought for the right cause under the guidance of Lord Sri Krsna, but he could not enjoy the results of his victory because his cousins were all killed in the fight
- In both ways (by not killing his (Arjuna's) relatives and kinsmen he would be happier than by enjoying the kingdom after conquering his cousins and brothers, the sons of Dhrtarastra), the basic principles were for sense gratification
- In the Vedic system of marriage, the importance of the gotra, or family, was stressed. Arjuna also married Subhadra, although she was his maternal cousin-sister
- Iravati, being the daughter of Maharaja Uttara, was the cousin-sister of Maharaja Pariksit, but cousin-brothers and -sisters were allowed to get married if they did not belong to the same gotra, or family
- King Sisupala was the monarch of the Cedi Kingdom, and although he happened to be a cousin of Krsna's, he was always envious of Him. Whenever they would meet, Sisupala would try to insult Krsna and call Him ill names as much as possible
- Krsna addressed Jarasandha as follows: "You may note that here is the second son of King Pandu, Bhimasena, and the third son of Pandu, Arjuna. As for Myself, you may know that I am your old enemy Krsna, the cousin of the Pandavas"
- Narada said, "Others cannot understand that He (Krsna) is the Supreme Lord, but He is still living with you as your cousin, as your friend and even as your messenger. Therefore you must know that nobody in this world is more fortunate than you"
- Narada spoke as follows: "Because the Pandavas are Your cousins, You have inquired about them in the role of their well-wisher, and therefore I shall let You know about their intentions. Now please hear me"
- The example of Krsna's gentle behavior was manifested when He was coming to the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice arranged by Maharaj Yudhisthira, Krsna's older cousin
- The Pandavas also followed the rules (to take bath when death occurs in the family) more than five thousand years ago. Lord Krsna, being a cousin of the Pandavas, was also amongst the family members
- Uddhava was Lord Krsna's friend and cousin, and in caitanya-lila the same Uddhava became the friend of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His uncle in terms of their relationship in the disciplic succession
- Ugrasena: One of the powerful kings of the Vrsni dynasty and cousin of Maharaja Kuntibhoja. His other name is Ahuka. His minister was Vasudeva, and his son was the powerful Kamsa
- When Arjuna was little disturbed... Because this battle was arranged between two parties of cousin-brothers... And when Arjuna saw the other party, all his relatives, family members, so he hesitated to fight, and there was some argument
- When his (Arjuna's) inimical cousin Duryodhana was under the clutches of the Gandharvas, he wanted to save him and requested the Gandharvas to release Duryodhana, but the Gandharvas refused, and thus he fought with them and got Duryodhana released
- When the rsi (Durvasa Muni) wanted to award some benediction to Duryodhana, the latter wished that he should visit the house of Maharaja Yudhisthira, who was the eldest and chief among all his cousins