Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Compassion in Devotional Service to God
Pages in category "Compassion in Devotional Service to God"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- In such devotional service in compassion there are sometimes smiling symptoms, but never is there any stress or lamentation. The basic principle is always ecstatic love
- In the devotional service of neutrality there is sustenance; there is expansion in chivalrous devotional service; there is reflection in compassionate devotional service; in angry devotional service there is lamentation, and so on
- In the fourth division of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, Srila Rupa Gosvami has described seven kinds of indirect ecstasies of devotional service, known as laughing, astonishment, chivalry, compassion, anger, dread and ghastliness
- In this ecstasy of devotional service (in compassion) there are sometimes symptoms like regret, heavy breathing, crying, falling on the ground and beating upon one's chest
- Indirect devotional service is divided into laughter, compassion, anger, chivalry, dread, astonishment and ghastliness. Devotional service can therefore be divided into twelve types, each of which has a different color
- The pure devotee should execute devotional service by giving the greatest respect to the spiritual master and the acaryas. He should be compassionate to the poor and make friendship with persons who are his equals
- The second-class devotee is always cognizant of his position as an eternal servant of the Lord; he therefore makes friendships with devotees of the Lord, acts compassionately toward the general public in teaching them devotional service
- The second-class devotee makes friendships with devotees of the Lord, acts compassionately toward the general public in teaching them devotional service, and refuses to cooperate or associate with nondevotees
- When the ecstasy of devotional service produces some kind of lamentation in connection with Krsna, it is called devotional service in compassion. The impetuses for this devotional service are Krsna's transcendental quality, form and activities
- With the ecstasy of anger in devotional service a mixture of compassion or chivalry is compatible, whereas a mixture of laughter, conjugal union or dread is completely incompatible
- With the ecstasy of compassion in devotional service a mixture of anger or parental love is compatible, whereas a mixture of laughter, conjugal love or astonishment is always incompatible
- With the ecstasy of devotional laughter a mixture of dread, conjugal love or parental love is compatible, whereas a mixture of compassion or ghastliness is incompatible
- With the ecstasy of dread in devotional service a mixture of ghastliness or compassion is compatible