Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
column | columned | columns
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Pillar (41 P)
Pages in category "Column"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- I have received a very nice letter from England, sent to Mukunda, by an Indian gentleman named Laksmidasa. If it is possible, maybe you can make an editorial column, with letters to the editor or to our various centers, and use it in that way
- If a big lake is covered all around by long kusa grass, just like columns, the waters dry up. Similarly, when the big columns of material desire increase, the clear water of consciousness is dried up
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stayed behind the huge column called the Garuda-stambha and looked upon Lord Jagannatha, but as He looked He saw that Lord Jagannatha had become Lord Krsna, with His flute to His mouth
- Staying near the Garuda-stambha, the Lord would look upon Lord Jagannatha. What can be said about the strength of that love? On the ground beneath the column of the Garuda-stambha was a deep ditch, and that ditch was filled with the water of His tears
- Suddenly, a woman from Orissa, unable to see Lord Jagannatha because of the crowd, climbed the column of Garuda, placing her foot on Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's shoulder
- The houses were all illuminated by hundreds and thousands of lamps placed in different corners of the cornices, walls, columns, bases and architraves, and from far away the rays of the lamps appeared to be celebrating the festival of Dipavali
- The King also ordered them to maintain a new boat on the banks of the river, and wherever Sri Caitanya took His bath or crossed to the other side of the river, they should establish a memorial column and make that place a great place of pilgrimage
- There (in the large palace within the water of the Karana Ocean) were many thousands of pillars and columns made of valuable jewels, and the glaring effulgence of those columns was so beautiful that Arjuna was charmed by it
- Those who are greedy see everything as a source of money-making and those who are lusty see everything as being conducive to sex, the most perfect devotee, Prahlada Maharaja, saw Narayana even within a stone column
- When Hiranyakasipu heard this philosophy (that since the Lord is present everywhere, He was also present within the columns) from his young son, he derided the boy's statement as just the talk of a child and forcefully struck the pillar with his fist
- When the brahmana (Sudama) entered his personal apartment in the palace, he saw that it was not an apartment but the residence of the King of heaven. The palace was surrounded by many columns of jewels