Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
collector | collectors
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Collecting (8 P)
Pages in category "Collector"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- All the members of the assembly who had heard the challenge were greatly agitated, and they got up, making a tumultuous sound. Hiranya and Govardhana Majumadara both immediately chastised the brahmana tax collector
- At the house of Hiranya and Govardhana Majumadara, a person named Gopala Cakravarti was officially the chief tax collector
- I accept service from my disciples on behalf of Krishna. Just like a tax collector must collect for the treasury, not for himself
- I have appointed them collectors in various places, and although they spend the government's money, eat, drink, plunder and distribute it as they like, I do not take them very seriously
- It was not the desire of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that Gopinatha Pattanayaka be excused of his debt to the government, nor was it His desire that his salary be doubled or that he be reappointed collector at the same place
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "O collector of honey, Krsna must be very sorry not to see us gopis. Surely He is afflicted by memories of our pastimes. Therefore He has sent you as a messenger to satisfy us. Do not speak to us!"
- Raja-dharma is a great science, unlike modern diplomacy for political supremacy. The kings were trained systematically to become munificent and not merely be tax collectors
- There were many rivers on the way, and at each river there was a tax collector. The tax collectors did not hinder the Lord, however, and He showed them mercy. Finally He reached the village of Remuna
- This Gopala Cakravarti lived in Bengal. His duty as chief tax collector was to collect 1,200,000 coins to deposit in the treasury of the emperor
- To get past the toll collectors along the way, Madhavendra Puri was supplied with the necessary release papers from government officers. The papers were placed in his hand