Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
coin | coins
Pages in category "Coins"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- After consulting with Raghava Pandita, he secretly delivered one hundred gold coins and about seven tolas of gold into the hand of Nityananda Prabhu's treasurer
- After crossing the hills, Sanatana Gosvami told his servant, "Isana, I think you still have some balance left from the gold coins"
- Although it is forbidden, there are many pasandis who coin terms like daridra-narayana and svami-narayana, although not even such demigods as Brahma and Siva can be equal to Narayana
- As you think fit, give twenty, fifteen, twelve, ten or five coins to each of them
- Balarama's eyes are naturally reddish, and when He became agitated and angry His eyes became more reddish. This time He challenged Rukmi and made a bet of a hundred million coins
- Betting was with gold coins, and Balarama first of all challenged with one hundred coins, then one thousand coins, then ten thousand coins. Each time, Balarama lost, and Rukmi was victorious
- He deposited ten thousand coins, which were later spent by Sri Sanatana Gosvami, in the custody of a local Bengali grocer
- He said, "Your father's elder brother is less intelligent. He enjoys 800,000 coins, but since I am also a shareholder, he should give some portion of it to me
- Here are five thousand gold coins. Please accept them. By releasing me, you will receive the results of pious activities and gain material profit as well. Thus you will profit in two ways simultaneously
- Hiranya dasa was collecting 2,000,000 coins and therefore should have delivered 1,500,000 to the government. Instead, he was giving only 1,200,000, thus making an extra profit of 300,000 coins
- I am very satisfied with your behavior. I shall not accept these gold coins, but I shall get you across that hilly tract of land simply to perform a pious activity
- I have these seven gold coins with me. Please accept them, and from a religious point of view please get me across that hilly tract of land
- I understand that the son of Tulasi devi, Karnapura, has chosen coins in his Annaprashan ceremony. It is very nice. I think this boy will earn enough money for spreading Krishna Consciousness
- If you introduce real metal coin, then there will be no inflation
- In his childhood Madhvacarya was known as Vasudeva, and there are some wonderful stories surrounding him. It is said that once when his father had piled up many debts, Madhvacarya converted tamarind seeds into actual coins to pay them off
- In our childhood, we have seen gold mohor, guinea. They were used in practical use. And silver coins, gold coins, we saw. But now it is, everything, paper. So we are so advanced that there is no more gold and silver
- Instead of paper currency, actual gold coins should be used for exchange, and this will stop prostitution of gold. Gold ornaments for women may be allowed by control, not by quality, but by quantity. This will discourage lust, envy and enmity
- It is described in the Caitanya-caritamrta that his accumulated savings in gold coins equaled millions of dollars and filled a large boat
- It is said, "Bad money drives away good money.'' If you put bad money, just like nowadays the currency is some paper, paper currency, so drives away good money. Good money means gold coins. They are not to be seen. That's economic law
- It was customary to offer the child both coins and books in order to get some indication of the future tendencies of the child
- On this very night I would have killed you and taken your coins. It is very good that you have voluntarily offered them to me. I am now relieved from such a sinful activity
- One second of human life wasted in the vain research of planning for happiness in the material world can never be replaced, even if one spends millions of coins of gold
- Raghunatha dasa's father immediately sent four hundred coins, two servants and one brahmana to Sivananda Sena
- Rukmi again challenged Balarama and made a bet of a hundred thousand gold coins, but fortunately this time Balarama won. Nonetheless, out of cunningness Rukmi claimed that Balarama was the loser and that he himself had won
- Sanatana asked his servant, "Isana, I think you have some valuable things with you." Isana replied, "Yes, I have seven gold coins"
- Sanatana Gosvami could see that the mind of the meat-eater was still not satisfied. He then stacked seven thousand gold coins before him
- Sanatana Gosvami replied, "If you do not accept these coins, someone else will kill me for them. It is better that you save me from the danger by accepting the coins"
- Smiling, the landlord said, "Before you offered them, I already knew that there were eight gold coins in your servant's possession"
- Srikanta had 300,000 gold coins with him, which had been given to him by the emperor for the purchase of horses. Thus Srikanta was buying horses and dispatching them to the emperor
- The brahmanas were not only given well-fed cows in charity, but also gold, gold coins, bedding, clothing, animal-skin seats, blankets, horses, elephants, girls and sufficient land for maintenance
- The palmist said, "This man Sanatana possesses eight gold coins." Hearing this, the landlord was very pleased and spoke the following to Sanatana Gosvami
- The servants and brahmana brought four hundred coins to Jagannatha Puri, and there they met Raghunatha dasa
- Thereupon, Sanatana Gosvami took the seven gold coins in his hands and went to the landlord. Holding the gold coins before him, he spoke as follows
- When the Lord was offered solid food at the age of six months in the anna-prasana ceremony, the Lord indicated His future activities. At this time it was customary to offer the child both coins and books in order to get some indication of the future
- When the meat-eater saw the coins, he was attracted to them. He then agreed, and that night he cut Sanatana's shackles and let him cross the Ganges
- When there is actual gold currency in the form of coins, the influence of gold in producing falsity, prostitution, etc., will automatically cease. There will be no need of an anticorruption ministry for another term of prostitution and falsity of purpose
- With great humility, Raghunatha dasa placed one hundred gold coins and about two tolas of gold before Raghava Pandita for all the other devotees