Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
choke | choked | chokes | choking
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Choking"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Because of Their (Balarama and Krsna) feeling affection for Nanda and Yasoda, Lord Krsna and Balarama became choked up, and for a few seconds They could not speak
- Bhrgu Muni could understand his position and that of the Lord, and he was struck with wonder at the behavior of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Because of his gratitude, his voice choked up
- By the mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he experienced the symptoms of ecstatic love - tears, trembling and faltering of the voice. His eyes filled with tears and his throat became choked, and thus he could not recite Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Faltering of the voice may sometimes cause choking in the throat and extreme anxiety. As the different symptoms of these ecstatic manifestations are localized, they are accompanied by different local reactions
- Feelings of ecstasy are displayed by highly advanced devotees of the Lord. There are eight kinds of transcendental changes in the body - tears, shivering of the body, perspiration, restlessness, throbbing, choking of the throat, etc
- If the gardener does not see these impediments and take them out, they will overcome and choke the plant of devotion. If, however, one is careful to guard against the growth of unwanted plants, the plant of devotion grows luxuriantly
- Immediately his (Kesi's) teeth fell out. Krsna's arm within the mouth of the horse at once began to expand, and Kesi's throat choked up. As the great horse suffocated, perspiration appeared on his body, and he threw his legs hither and thither
- There are eight kinds of transcendental changes in the body - tears, shivering of the body, perspiration, restlessness, throbbing, choking of the throat, etc. - and all were manifested by Uddhava in the presence of Vidura
- Thus (at the last stage of life, when the different gates of the body are choked by the effects of disease) the living entity cannot clearly express his difficulties, and surrounding relatives hear the sound "ghura ghura" from a dying man
- When a man dies, he is generally overpowered by mucus and bile, and thus he chokes. Since it is very difficult to vibrate any sound while choking, it is simply by Krsna's grace that one can chant Hare Krsna at the time of death
- When she was shedding tears, the black ointment from her eyes was dripping, along with the tears, onto her breasts, which were covered with kunkum powder. Rukmini was so aggrieved that her voice was choked up
- When the throat is choked up because of a faltering voice, there may be a sound like "ghra." Such sounds choke up the voice, and with extreme mental anxiety they may manifest in different ways
- When Uddhava was freed from all material contamination, he saw the Lord, and his throat became choked up, and he could not speak
- While Rukmini was praying to Krsna for the life of her brother (Rukmi), her whole body trembled, and because of her anxiety, her face appeared to dry up and her throat became choked
- With her eyes filled with tears she could not see Krsna anymore, and because her throat was choked up by anxiety she could not even instruct Krsna as to what He should do in that position