Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Characteristics of Devotional Service to God
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Characteristics of Devotional Service to God"
The following 12 pages are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Advancement in devotional service, or Krsna consciousness, is characterized by increasing renunciation of material enjoyment
- Awe and veneration are absent on the platform of fraternity, since this rasa is predominated by confidential service. Therefore sakhya-rasa is characterized by the qualities of three rasas
- In the above statement by Kapiladeva from the Srimad-Bhagavatam, the actual position of a pure devotee is described, and the primary characteristics of devotional service are also defined
- In the madhurya-rasa, characterized by conjugal love, one can become like Srimati Radharani or Her lady friends such as Lalita and Her serving maids (manjaris) like Rupa and Rati
- In the vatsalya-rasa, characterized by parental affection, one can become like Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda
- It is confirmed also in the Bhagavad-gita that a devotee who has unflinching faith in and devotion to the Lord, even if he is sometimes found to be accidentally deviated from pure devotional characteristics, should still be counted amongst the pure