Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
carrier | carriers
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Caitanya's Carrier (3 P)
- ► Krsna's Carrier (3 P)
Pages in category "Carrier"
The following 62 pages are in this category, out of 62 total.
- A devotee does not need to endeavor to transfer himself by yoga practice to other planets. Rather, the Supreme Lord, by His great mercy, comes at once, riding on His bird carrier Garuda, and at once delivers the devotee from material existence
- A discussion ensued between the order carriers of Lord Visnu and those of Yamaraja, and by hearing that discussion Ajamila was liberated. He could then understand the bad effect of fruitive activities
- Ajamila begot in the womb of the prostitute ten sons, the last of whom was called Narayana. At the time of Ajamila's death, when the order carriers of Yamaraja came to take him, he loudly called the name Narayana in fear because he was attached
- Although Garuda was not under anyone’s order, being the carrier of Lord Visnu, he did not disobey the order of the great yogi. Instead of staying and eating many fish, he carried off one big fish, who was their leader
- Although he was falsely proud of being a king, King Rahugana was not really situated in knowledge. Therefore he was rebuking the palanquin carriers, including the self-realized brahmana, Jada Bharata
- Antar hrdayad, in the core of the heart the individual soul and the Supersoul is there, and Yamaraja will take, his order carriers will take the, not the heart, but the soul. The heart of the body, that is made of this material element
- As Lord Brahma descended on his carrier, the great swan, all the residents of the planets named Siddhaloka, Gandharvaloka, Sadhyaloka and Caranaloka, as well as great sages and demigods flying in their different airplanes, assembled
- At first, Balarama was surprised by the demon’s appearance, and He began to wonder, "How is it that all of a sudden this carrier has changed in every way?"
- Charged with the exalted power of Dadhici Muni and enlightened by the power of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Indra rode on the back of his carrier, Airavata, surrounded by all the demigods, while all the great sages offered him praise
- Collect all kinds of small and large flags and ringing bells. Then decorate the carrier and have various musical and dancing parties accompany it. In this way decorate the carrier attractively
- Garuda, the carrier of the Lord, glorified the Lord with Vedic hymns by flapping his wings. Garuda appeared to be an inhabitant of the planet known as Kinnaraloka
- Garuda, the carrier of the Lord, snatched away a nectar pot from the hands of the demigods in heaven in order to liberate his mother, Vinata, from the clutches of his stepmother, Kadru, the mother of the serpents
- Garuda, the eagle, the carrier of Visnu, once said, "Who can be more pure than I? Where is there a second bird like me, so able and competent? Krsna may not like me; He may not wish to join my party, but still He has to take advantage of my wings"
- He (Atri Rsi) began to offer prayers to the three deities, who were seated on different carriers - a bull, a swan and Garuda - and who held in their hands a drum, kusa grass and a discus. The sage offered them his respects by falling down like a stick
- He (Krsna) always remains victorious over everyone. He alone is God, and all others are His subservient order-carriers
- He (Pradyumna) killed the carriers like the horses and elephants by releasing three arrows directed toward each one
- He is your master, guru, God and very dear friend, and also the head of your family. Yet sometimes He agrees to act as your family's servant or order-carrier. You are greatly fortunate because this relationship is possible only by bhakti-yoga
- His (Lord Visnu's) lovely wrists were graced with bracelets, and He rested one of His hands on the shoulder of Garuda, His carrier, and twirled a lotus with another hand
- Immediately Brahma descended from his great swan carrier and fell down before the Lord just like a golden stick
- In some other Puranas it is stated that Garuda, the eternal carrier of Visnu, knew that Krsna would take this action in the future, and so he put some nectar on this tree to preserve it
- It is also said that sometimes when Narada, the carrier of the vina, remembers his Lord Krsna in great ecstasy, he begins to stretch his body so vigorously that his sacred thread gives way
- It is not our manufactured movement but it was ordered by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and we are simply carriers of his shoes
- Kaliya attempted to bite him, and Garuda, the son of Tarksya, in great anger and with the great force befitting the carrier of Lord Visnu, struck the body of Kaliya with his effulgent golden wings
- King Rahugana was not really situated in knowledge. Therefore he was rebuking the palanquin carriers, including the self-realized brahmana, Jada Bharata
- King Rahugana, ruler of the states known as Sindhu and Sauvira, was going to Kapilasrama. When the King's chief palanquin carriers reached the banks of the River Iksumati, they needed another carrier
- Krsna's son Pradyumna was fighting fiercely with Karttikeya, the commander in chief of the demigods. Karttik was wounded & his body was bleeding profusely. In this condition, he left without fighting anymore, rode away on the back of his peacock carrier
- Maharaja Bali attacked Indra with ten arrows and attacked Airavata, Indra's carrier elephant, with three arrows. With four arrows he attacked the four horsemen guarding Airavata's legs, and with one arrow he attacked the driver of the elephant
- May Lord Urugaya, the carrier of the conchshell, protect You (Krsna) from all corners; may Upendra protect You from above; may Garuda protect You on the ground; and may Lord Haladhara, the Supreme Person, protect You on all sides
- Murari Gupta then replied, I am Your servant and Your order-carrier. I have no independent existence
- On the top of the mountain called Udayagiri are large lakes from which water continuously pours in waterfalls. Similarly, Indra's carrier, Airavata, holds water and wine in reserve and showers it in the direction of Lord Indra
- One who has fixed his mind at the lotus feet of Krsna is guaranteed not to meet the Yamadutas, the order carriers of Yamaraja, even in dreams
- Order-carrier. He has no intelligence. He doesn't require intelligence. "Do this." That's all
- Out of affection for Prthu Maharaja, He touched the earth, but He rested the front of His hand on the raised shoulder of Garuda, His carrier, as if to prevent Himself from falling down, since the Lord is not accustomed to stand on earthly ground
- So when the question of order is there, then there must be one order-giver, and there must be one order-carrier. Otherwise, what is the meaning, order?
- Strong, puffed-up cotton pads called tulis were spread out from the throne to the car, and the heavy Deity of Lord Jagannatha was carried from one pillowlike pad to the next by the dayitas
- The body of Haridasa Thakura was then raised onto a carrier that resembled an airship and taken to the sea, accompanied by congregational chanting
- The elephants, horses, chariots, charioteers, infantry soldiers and various kinds of carriers, along with their riders, were slashed to pieces
- The gopis, following the proper system, protected Krsna, their child, with this mantra: "May the carrier of the bow, who is known as the enemy of Madhu, and Lord Ajana, the carrier of the sword, protect Your two sides"
- The Lord Jagannatha Deity was bound at the waist by a strong, thick rope made of silk. From two sides the dayitas caught hold of this rope and raised the Deity
- The Lord, being the supreme living being, is never the order supplier or order carrier of anyone, whoever he may be
- The Lord, who is known as Hrsikesa, bugled with His Pancajanya conchshell, in this way pleasing all the demigods, headed by Lord Brahma. Then He mounted the back of His carrier, Garuda
- The news of her (the sparrow's) activity spread, and at last Garuda, the gigantic bird carrier of Lord Visnu, heard it. He became compassionate toward his small sister bird, and so he came to see the sparrow
- The order carriers of Yamaraja have jurisdiction over all sinful living entities, but the messengers of Lord Visnu, the Visnudutas, are capable of punishing anyone, including Yamaraja, if he wrongs a Vaisnava
- The sage (Kardama Muni) stood listening as the hymns forming the basis of the Sama Veda were vibrated by the flapping wings of the Lord's carrier, Garuda
- The snakes in Mahatala are always disturbed by fear of Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, but although they are full of anxiety, some of them nevertheless sport with their wives, children, friends and relatives
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, the master of the three worlds, immediately caught the trident, and with the very same weapon he killed the enemy Kalanemi, along with his carrier, the lion
- The very strongly built dayitas (carriers of the Jagannatha Deity) were as powerful as drunken elephants. They manually carried Lord Jagannatha from the throne to the car
- The word vahan refers to the soldiers on horseback who protected the legs of the carrier elephants. According to the system of military arrangement, the legs of the elephant bearing the commander were also protected
- Then the surabhi cow bathed Krsna with her milk, and Indra bathed Him with the water of the celestial Ganges through the trunk of his carrier elephant
- Vinata gave birth to Garuda, the carrier of Lord Visnu, and to Anuru, or Aruna, the chariot driver of the sun-god
- Vrtrasura shook even the mountains and began crushing the surface of the earth with his legs, as if he were the Himalayas walking about. He came before Indra and swallowed him and Airavata, his carrier, just as a big python might swallow an elephant
- While carrying the Deity of Lord Jagannatha, some of the dayitas took hold of the shoulders of the Lord, and some caught His lotus feet
- While the dayitas carried the heavy Jagannatha Deity from one pad to the next, some of the pads broke, and the cotton contents floated into the air. When they broke, they made a heavy cracking sound