Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
captain | captains | captain's
Pages in category "Captain"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- If people at all want to cross over the dangerous ocean of Kali, they must follow the footsteps of the sages of Naimisaranya and accept Sri Suta Gosvami or his bona fide representative as the captain of the ship
- It is said that the human form is a great boon because it is the most suitable boat for crossing over the nescience ocean. The spiritual master is considered to be the most able captain in that boat
- She (captain's wife) said, "Swamiji, if you can survive your seventieth year then you'll live for 100 years." Somehow I survived my seventieth year. I don't know whether I'll live 100 years but seventieth year was severe - three heart attacks & paralysis
- So formerly, five thousand years ago, the same system, military - ordinary soldiers, then the captain, then the commander, the commander-in-chief - as there are gradations in the modern age, the same thing was there
- The Lord finally reached Panihati, and as an act of mercy He gave the captain of the boat one of His personal garments
- The personified Vedas continued, "Such unguided persons are compared to merchants going to sea on a ship without a captain"
- The spiritual master is considered to be the most able captain in that boat (of the human form), and the information from the scriptures is the favorable wind for floating over the ocean of nescience
- The spiritual master is the captain, and you take advantage. Your, this human body is a good boat. So good boat, favorable condition, good captain—take advantage of crossing this ocean. Otherwise you are committing suicide
- These two captains, with Their soldiers such as Srivasa Thakura, travel everywhere, chanting the holy name of the Lord
- This human form of body is a most valuable boat, and the spiritual master is the captain, guru-karnadharam, to guide the boat in plying across the ocean of nescience
- Today at (20/8/65) the captain arranged for a meeting on board the Jaladuta on account of Janmastami day & I spoke for an hour on the philosophy & teachings of Lord Sri Krishna. All the officers attended the meeting & there was distribution of Prasadam
- We have a very efficient boat in this human form of body, and there is a very expert captain, the spiritual master; the scriptural injunctions are like favorable winds
- We think that we have met Your Goodness by the will of providence, just so that we may accept you as captain of the ship for those who desire to cross the difficult ocean of Kali, which deteriorates all the good qualities of a human being