Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
callous | callously | callousness
Pages in category "Callous"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- A devotee is callous to all subjects other than his engagement in devotional service. This mode of life is the highest perfectional stage
- A pure devotee is callous about worldly advantages or reverses. As such, the devotees are never inclined to counteract personal defamation, curses, negligence, etc. As far as such things are concerned, in personal affairs the devotees do not care for them
- A yogi, especially a bhakti-yogi, is callous to the opinions of this material world. He is not interested in traveling to the higher planetary systems of the demigods to enjoy a long life in an advanced materialistic civilization
- Alas! How wonderful it is that the foolish materialist does not heed the great danger of impending death! He knows that death will surely come, yet he is nevertheless callous and neglectful
- An executive head should not be callous to the welfare of the general mass of people while he simply goes on collecting taxes
- Krsna said, "One should be fixed in devotional service. Thus one can live a very happy & peaceful life, even within this material condition. In other words, one should be callous to the material body & its by-products and should be unaffected by them"
- Krsna said, "The men in this group revolt against superior persons. For instance, a son, in spite of receiving all kinds of things from loving parents, may be callous and not reciprocate"
- Krsna said, "They are called atmarama, which means they are absorbed in the thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and so do not care whether one loves them or not. But another class comprises ungrateful men. They are called callous"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, anyone who by Your grace has understood the glories of Your lotus feet is callous to material happiness and distress"
- The process is easy and helpful. It is simply to chant the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Caitanya has recommended that one be callous to the material ups and downs
- The process is easy and helpful. It is simply to chant the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. Caitanya has therefore recommended that one be callous to the material ups and downs
- The pure devotee, however, is always callous to praise or condemnation by ordinary people. Actually, the devotee's activities are on the transcendental plane
- We are not callous; we are very much sympathetic to give them knowledge. How do you say? The devotees are not callous. Why they are touring all over the world, accepting so much trouble, opposition?
- When one is callous to all duality, the happiness and distress of this material world, one is fit for amatatva, eternal life
- When one is callous to all duality, the happiness and distress of this material world, one is fit for amrtatva, eternal life
- When we are teaching, it is because the people are suffering on account of ignorance. Therefore we are teaching. How we are callous? We are not callous; we are very much sympathetic to give them knowledge