Pages in category "Caitanya Continues"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- "Because you (Sanatana Gosvami) are a humble devotee," the Lord continued, "you are asking Me to confirm what you already know. This is very nice." These are the characteristics of a true devotee
- "You (Ramananda Raya) have the highest conception of the pastimes of Radha and Krsna," Lord Caitanya continued. "Therefore you are seeing Radha-Krsna everywhere"
- "You are a suitable person to protect the devotional service of the Lord," Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued (saying Sanatana Gosvami). "Therefore it is My duty to instruct you in the science of God, and I will explain everything to you step by step"
- According to the calculations of the spiritual master, Lord Caitanya appeared to be a fool; therefore he said that He should not indulge in the study of Vedanta but should continue chanting the Hare Krsna mantra. Lord Caitanya strictly obeyed this order
- After circumambulating the temple, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for some time remained at the rear of the temple and continued His sankirtana
- After coming to this firm conclusion, the Lord continued to stay at home. In the meantime Kesava Bharati came to the town of Nadia
- After hearing their complaints, in sweet words I told them, 'Please go back home. I shall certainly prohibit Nimai Pandita from continuing His Hare Krsna movement
- After the end of Caturmasya, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued traveling throughout South India. At that time He met Paramananda Puri
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bade farewell to all the devotees from Gauda-desa (Bengal) and continued chanting with His intimate devotees who constantly remained with Him
- All the inhabitants of Benares were struck with wonder upon seeing the ecstatic dancing of Lord Caitanya. However, Lord Caitanya checked His continuous ecstasy and stopped dancing when He saw the Mayavadi sannyasis
- Before disclosing His desire to take the renounced order of life, Caitanya first went to the house of Mukunda Datta, but at that time Mukunda Datta requested Lord Caitanya to continue His sankirtana movement for a few days more before taking sannyasa
- By chanting the holy name, Lord Caitanya continued, I became almost mad
- Caitanya continued, "Actually, My love for Krsna is far, far away. Whatever I do is actually an exhibition of pseudo love of Godhead. When you see Me cry, I am simply falsely demonstrating My great fortune. Please try to understand this beyond a doubt"
- Caitanya continued, "Before the creation there were no mundane eyes or mind; therefore the transcendental nature of the Absolute Truth's mind and eyes is confirmed"
- Caitanya continued, "If one considers the Supreme Personality of Godhead in both features, he can actually understand the Absolute Truth. He knows that the personal understanding is stronger because we see that everything is full of variety"
- Caitanya continues, "After receiving the transcendental orders of Gopala, this great personality traveled thousands of miles just to collect sandalwood by begging"
- Caitanya continues, "Although Madhavendra Puri did not have a farthing with him, he was not afraid to pass by the toll officers. His only enjoyment was in carrying the load of sandalwood to Vrndavana for Gopala"
- Caitanya continues, "Although Madhavendra Puri was hungry, he would not beg food to eat. This renounced person carried a load of sandalwood for the sake of Sri Gopala"
- Caitanya continues, "Madhavendra Puri was not at all anxious during the long journey to Vrndavana through the provinces governed by the Muslims and filled with unlimited numbers of watchmen"
- Caitanya continues, "Sri Gopala wanted to show how intensely Madhavendra Puri loved Krsna; therefore He asked him to go to Nilacala to fetch sandalwood and camphor"
- Caitanya continues, "Such behavior exhibited in loving service between the devotee and the devotee's lovable object, Sri Krsna, is transcendental. It is not possible for a common man to understand. Common men do not even have the capacity"
- Caitanya continues, "This is the natural result of intense love of Godhead. The devotee does not consider personal inconveniences or impediments. In all circumstances he wants to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Caitanya continues, "To test the intense love of Madhavendra Puri, Gopala, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, ordered him to bring sandalwood from Nilacala, and when Madhavendra Puri passed this examination, the Lord became very merciful to him"
- Caitanya continues, "With great trouble and after much labor, Madhavendra Puri brought the load of sandalwood to Remuna. However, he was still very pleased; he discounted all the difficulties"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I think that today all My desires have been fulfilled because I see that Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya has acquired faith in the maha-prasadam of Lord Jagannatha"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I would like to withdraw My consciousness from You and engage it in material activities, but even though I try, I cannot do so. I am naturally inclined to You only"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Sri Krsna's complexion is as polished as powdered eye ointment. It surpasses the beauty of a newly formed cloud and is softer than a blue lotus flower"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Sri Madhavendra Puri used to remain alone. He was completely renounced and always very silent. He was uninterested in everything material, & for fear of talking about mundane things, he always lived without a companion"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "The Vedanta-sutra is the summary of all the Upanisads; therefore whatever direct meaning is there in the Upanisads is also recorded in the Vedanta-sutra, or Vyasa-sutra"
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was explaining Dahtu as Krishna & He would continue to explain Krishna in every step. When the students felt that the teacher was crazy the Transcendental Teacher closed his class
- Continuing to explain the Atmarama verse, Lord Caitanya pointed out that the word atma also indicated all varieties of the Personality of Godhead. Generally the Personality of Godhead Himself, Krsna, and His different expansions are all known as the PG
- Later, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stopped Brahmananda Bharati's habit of wearing deerskin. The Lord thus enjoyed His pastimes continuously for six years, experiencing varieties of transcendental bliss
- Lord Caitanya continued to explain to Sanatana Gosvami that the expansions of Lord Krsna who come to the material creation are called avataras, or incarnations
- Lord Caitanya continued, "O trees, kindly tell us whether Balarama's younger brother, Krsna, welcomed your obeisances with loving glances as He passed this way"
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Raya, you are an advanced devotee and are always filled with ecstatic love for Radha and Krsna. Therefore whatever you see - anywhere and everywhere - simply awakens your Krsna consciousness"
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "After hearing about your glories, I have come to your place. But you are offering Me words of praise out of respect for a sannyasi, one in the renounced order of life"
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya requested Him (Caitanya) to learn Vedanta-sutra from him. Otherwise, Bhattacarya maintained, it would be difficult for Lord Caitanya to continue as a sannyasi
- Sri Caitanya continued, "You are a great, spiritually advanced personality, and therefore you cannot worship a person like Me. I am far inferior. If you do so, My spiritual power will be diminished, for you are as good as the impersonal Brahman"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued speaking to the Tattvavadi acarya, "Seeing that I am a mendicant in the renounced order of life, you have been playing with Me in a duplicitous way. You have not actually described the process and ultimate objective"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "'My dear friend, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has a voice as deep as a cloud resounding in the sky'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "All the transcendental forms of the Lord are situated in the spiritual sky. They preside over spiritual planets in that abode, but there is no counting those Vaikuntha planets"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Always discuss Srimad-Bhagavatam and constantly chant the holy name of Lord Krsna. In this way you will be able to attain liberation very easily, and you will be elevated to the enjoyment of love of Godhead"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "By seeing you, by touching you and by glorifying your transcendental qualities, one can perfect the purpose of all sense activity. This is the verdict of the revealed scriptures"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I accept this Murari Gupta as My life and soul. When I hear of his humility, it perturbs My very life"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I have become very much obligated just by seeing this boy." After saying this, the Lord again embraced the prince
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "I received much pleasure from the talks of Ramananda Raya." The Bhattacarya replied, "For this reason I requested that You meet him"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "In His pastimes, Krsna displayed the two ornaments of hyperbole and reverse analogy. Tasting them brought gladness to My mind and fully satisfied My ears and eyes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Indeed, not seeing the beautiful face of Krsna playing His flute, I continue to live My life like an insect, without purpose"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear friends, I have not the slightest tinge of love of Godhead within My heart. When you see Me crying in separation, I am just falsely exhibiting a demonstration of My great fortune"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear friends, you are all My life and soul; therefore I tell you that I possess no wealth of love for Krsna. Consequently My life is poverty-stricken. My limbs and senses are useless"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Sanatana, do not be aggrieved, for when I embrace you I actually get great pleasure"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "My dear Sanatana, please hear from Me. Krsna is very merciful, and He is the deliverer of all fallen souls"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Now hear, O Sanatana, about the result of devotional service, which is love of Godhead, life’s ultimate goal. One who hears this description will be enlightened in the transcendental mellows of devotional service"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "O Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Ramananda Raya, hear from Me the symptoms of how one should chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra to awaken very easily one's dormant love for Krsna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Please do not try to cheat Me, thinking of Me as a learned sannyasi. Please satisfy My mind by just describing the truth of Radha and Krsna"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "The Brahma-sutra, compiled by Srila Vyasadeva, is as radiant as the sun. One who tries to interpret its meaning simply covers that sunshine with a cloud"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the central point of all relationships, acting in devotional service to Him is one's real occupation, and the attainment of love of Godhead is the ultimate goal of life"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "This nectar from Krsna's lips is supremely difficult to obtain, but if one gets some, his life becomes successful"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Thus one's relationship with the Lord, activities in devotional service, and the attainment of the highest goal of life, love of Godhead, are the subject matters of Srimad-Bhagavatam"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "To say nothing of ordinary living entities, even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva cannot be considered on the level of Visnu or Narayana. If one considers them as such, he is immediately considered an offender and atheist"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "To say nothing of ten days, as long as I live I shall find it impossible to give up your company"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "What to speak of spiritual advancement - all the people will blaspheme Me. And what to speak of all the people - Damodara would chastise Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "When the Supreme Personality of Godhead wished to become many, He glanced over the material energy"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Within your heart you should keep yourself very faithful, but externally you may behave like an ordinary man. Thus Krsna will soon be very pleased and deliver you from the clutches of maya"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "Worship this stone in the mode of goodness like a perfect brahmana, for by such worship you will surely attain ecstatic love of Krsna without delay"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "You can perform a task that even I cannot do. But for You, I cannot find anyone in Gauda-desa who can fulfill My mission there"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, “‘Dry arguments are inconclusive. A great personality whose opinion does not differ from others is not considered a great sage'"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dared not forbid him to feed Him more. He just continued eating, fearful that Jagadananda would fast if He stopped
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then continued speaking to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, "Consider this point. The servant of the spiritual master is always respectable for Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then sat down with Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami. They inquired from one another about auspicious news and then continued to talk together for some time
- The affectionate loving exchanges between Jagadananda Pandita and Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued in this manner, exactly like the exchanges between Satyabhama and Lord Krsna related in Srimad-Bhagavatam
- The Lord continued, "In these ingredients there are extraordinary tastes and uncommon fragrances. Just taste them and see the difference in the experience"
- The Lord continued, Your father and his elder brother are both related as brothers to My grandfather, Nilambara Cakravarti. Therefore I consider them My grandfathers
- The Lord then continued, "My dear Venkata Bhatta, please do not continue doubting. Lord Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and this is the conclusion of the Vedic literatures"
- The next morning, in the great ecstasy of love, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started on His tour with no knowledge of the proper direction, and He continued the whole day and night
- Then, entering the flower garden, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took His meal. In this way He continuously performed all kinds of pastimes for eight days