Pages in category "Caitanya's Sitting"
The following 87 pages are in this category, out of 87 total.
- Accepting the sandalwood pulp and garland, the Lord sat down and said, "Now, in front of Me, you must eat"
- Advaita Acarya said, "Just sit down here on these seats." Catching Their hands, He sat Them both down
- After bathing at Kesi-tirtha, Krsnadasa went toward Kaliya-daha and suddenly saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sitting at Amli-tala (Tentuli-tala)
- After bathing in the sea, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees returned very soon. The Lord then washed His feet and sat down on a carpet to take lunch
- After finishing His evening bath, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down and waited for Ramananda Raya to come. Then Ramananda Raya, accompanied by one servant, came to meet Him
- After finishing His evening duties, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down with His personal associates in a secluded place and discussed the pastimes of Krsna in great jubilation
- After finishing, the Lord washed His mouth and sat down. There was so much extra prasadam that it was distributed to thousands
- After sitting on the ground, Caitanya Mahaprabhu exhibited His mystic power by manifesting an effulgence as brilliant as the illumination of millions of suns
- After taking His seat, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu wanted to hear about a particular mellow of devotional service; therefore, mildly smiling, He began to question Svarupa Damodara
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat them down by His side and asked them, "What news do you have of Sanatana"
- After this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu took the brahmana aside. Sitting in a solitary place, the Lord began to question him
- After washing His feet, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down for lunch. He asked Tapana Misra to supply Sanatana Gosvami lunch also
- Although He is the maintainer of the entire universe, once the Lord sat upon some rejected pots in the pit where the remnants of food were thrown, after the pots had been used for cooking
- Although Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running after him mentally, He patiently remained sitting. Ramananda Raya, seeing the wonderful sannyasi, then came to see Him
- As soon as Haridasa Thakura and Rupa Gosvami saw the Lord coming, they both stood up and then fell down to offer Him their respectful obeisances. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced them both and then sat down
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw the sannyasis He immediately offered obeisances, and then He went to wash His feet. After washing His feet, He sat down by the place where He had done so
- At that time, Balabhadra Bhattacarya went to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and made Him sit down. Seeing the Muslim soldiers, the Lord regained His normal senses
- At that time, Ramananda Raya made the Lord sit down and dissipated His fatigue by fanning Him
- At that time, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down with His personal associates and had every one of them fed very sumptuously until they were filled to the necks
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not say anything and did not indicate whether it was right or wrong. He simply sat there and listened to the Bhattacarya
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting on the rejected pots. So His mother said, "My dear boy, You are sitting in this nasty place. Why?" He said, "Well, how you can say this is nasty place? These pots are very pure"
- Haridasa Thakura made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sit down in front of him, and then he fixed his eyes, like two bumblebees, on the lotus face of the Lord
- Hearing this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled and sat down to eat. The Bhattacarya, with great pleasure, first offered Him the prasadam from the Jagannatha temple
- I simply sit and try to chant the holy name of Krsna, and although I chant all day and night, I nevertheless cannot complete the chanting of My prescribed number of rounds
- In emotional ecstasy, Caitanya Mahaprabhu would sometimes sit on the ground and, looking down, would write on the ground with His finger
- In great haste Paramananda Puri Gosani went before Him and with great humility persuaded Him to sit down in His room
- In his meditation he saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu quickly come, sit down and eat all three offerings, leaving behind no remnants
- In the garden, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down with the other devotees. Vaninatha Raya then came and brought all kinds of maha-prasadam
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down on the bed of Visnu, and all the devotees worshiped Him with the Vedic mantras of the Purusa-sukta, beginning with sahasra-sirsa purusah sahasraksah sahasra-pat
- Lord Nityananda offered Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu a place and had Him sit down. Then together the two brothers began eating chipped rice
- Lord Siva, dressed like a brahmana, gave alms to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and invited Him to spend three days in a solitary place. Sitting there together, they talked very confidentially
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, being omniscient, could understand the degradation of these students. Thus He sat at home, contemplating how to rescue them
- Once on a full moon night the Lord was sitting on the bank of the Ganges with His many disciples and discussing literary topics
- One day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat at the bathing ghat of Akrura-tirtha and thought the following thoughts
- One day the Lord performed sankirtana with all His devotees, and when they were greatly fatigued they sat down
- One day the Lord sat down in the corridor of a Visnu temple and began calling very loudly, "Bring some honey! Bring some honey!"
- One day the Lord, in the ecstasy of the gopis, was sitting in His house. Very morose in separation, He was calling, "Gopi! Gopi!"
- One day the two brothers, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu, consulted with each other while sitting together in a solitary place
- Please come here. Please come here, Your Holiness. Why do You sit in that unclean place? What has caused Your lamentation?
- Please give that room to Me, for I have a need for it. Indeed, I shall remember the lotus feet of the Lord sitting in that solitary place
- Prakasananda Sarasvati and Lord Caitanya sat together. "Whatever You have said concerning discrepancies in the Mayavada philosophy is also known by us," Prakasananda said
- Prakasananda Sarasvati, however, caught Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally by the hand and seated Him with great respect in the midst of the assembly
- Receiving the permission of the Lord, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya sat down. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and all His devotees sat on raised wooden seats
- Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura sat at the foot of the elevated place where Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting. Although everyone asked them to sit on the same level as the Lord and His associates, they did not do so
- Saying this, Balabhadra Bhattacarya made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sit aboard a boat. After they crossed the river, he took the Lord with him
- Since he (Haridasa Thakura) did not go to see the temple, Lord Caitanya Himself, who is nondifferent from Jagannatha, used to come and sit with Haridasa Thakura daily. Here in Srimad-Bhagavatam we also find this same behavior of the Lord
- Sitting in His room, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would chant on His beads, and Advaita Prabhu would come there to worship the Lord
- Sivananda Sena had bought very costly remnants of Lord Jagannatha's food. He brought it in and offered it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who sat down to accept the prasadam with His associates
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu came there and sat down at His place. Seeing this, Raghava Pandita felt increasing happiness
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu next sat down at the place prepared for Him, and all the devotees, headed by Lord Nityananda Prabhu, surrounded Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Let Us sit down in these three places, and We shall take prasadam." However, Advaita Acarya said, "I shall distribute the prasadam"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down on the ground and began to mark it with His fingernails. He was blinded by tears, which flowed from His eyes like the Ganges
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down to eat. Then Govinda offered Him the preparations one after another, and as he did so he spoke the name of the person who had given each one
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat in the midst of the devotees. Advaita Acarya and Lord Nityananda each sat on one side of the Lord. The other devotees sat in front of the Lord and behind Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu stood up and then sat down again. Looking here and there, He inquired from Svarupa Damodara, "Where have you brought Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then sat down with Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami. They inquired from one another about auspicious news and then continued to talk together for some time
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit beneath the old tamarind tree and chant the holy name of the Lord. At noon He would return to Akrura-tirtha to take lunch
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would go to Vrndavana and sit in a solitary place, where He would chant the holy name until noon
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would sit in His room with Svarupa Damodara and taste the topics of these verses day and night
- Srivasa Thakura then worshiped Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu by the process of abhiseka. Sitting on a cot, the Lord exhibited transcendental opulence
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami stood up, caught Him and took Him on his lap. Then Svarupa Damodara brought Him back to His place and made Him sit down
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami then informed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Unless You sit and take prasadam, no one will accept it"
- Svarupa Damodara said, "My Lord, please sit down. No one will eat until You do"
- The Bhattacarya offered a carpet for the Lord to sit upon, and both of them sat there. Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu opened the prasadam and placed it in the hands of the Bhattacarya
- The Bhattacarya said, "Both the food and the sitting place are the Lord's mercy. If You can eat the remnants of the food, what is the offense in Your sitting in this place"
- The Lord and His devotees sat on a raised platform, and below that sat Haridasa Thakura and Sanatana Gosvami
- The Lord replied, "I belong to a lower order of sannyasis. Therefore I do not deserve to sit with you."
- The Lord then personally sat down in the middle and picked up all kinds of straw, grains of sand and dirty things
- The next day Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat with all the devotees, headed by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, and they discussed the pastimes of Krsna
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally sat down to accept lunch with the other sannyasis, and Gopinatha Acarya began to distribute the prasadam with great pleasure
- Thereafter, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu reached the Kazi's house, He sat down by the doorway and sent some respectable persons to call for the Kazi
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His personal devotees met Rupa Gosvami and Haridasa Thakura. The Lord then sat down in an elevated place with His devotees
- When coming from the Jagannatha temple to return to His house, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to sit on the ground and mark it with His nails
- When mother Saci saw her boy sitting on the rejected pots, she protested, "Why have You touched these untouchable pots? You have now become impure. Go and bathe in the Ganges"
- When Raghunatha dasa met Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord was sitting with His companions, headed by Svarupa Damodara
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Nityananda Prabhu were sitting together in the house of Srivasa Thakura, Murari Gupta first offered his respects to Lord Caitanya and then to Sri Nityananda Prabhu
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting before the Gopala Deity, all the devotees saw Him and the Deity as being of the same form
- When the girls engaged in worshiping the different demigods after bathing in the Ganges, the young Lord would come there and sit down among them
- While He (Lord Caitanya) was sitting there, the sannyasis saw a glaring effulgence emanating from His body. Attracted by this glaring effulgence, all the Mayavadi sannyasis stood up and showed Him their respects
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was sitting in a solitary place in the home of that Deccan brahmana, Rupa Gosvami and Sri Vallabha (Anupama Mallika) came to meet Him
- While walking, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, understanding that the others were fatigued, took them all beneath a tree and sat down
- With Paramananda Puri and Brahmananda Bharati, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down and accepted the prasadam. When He began to eat, so did all the Vaisnavas