Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Playing"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Acaryaratna was also named Sri Candrasekhara Acarya. In a drama in his house, Lord Caitanya played the goddess of fortune
- According to Vedic evidence, Caitanya Mahaprabhu is also Krsna. Krsna-varnam tvisakrsna. He belongs to the category of Krsna, but He is playing the part of a devotee of Krsna in order to teach us how to love Krsna
- After sankirtana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bathed in the sea with His devotees, swimming and playing in the water in great jubilation
- As usual for small children, He learned to play, and with His playmates He went to the houses of neighboring friends, stealing their eatables and eating them. Sometimes the children fought among themselves
- Because Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was playing the part of an acarya, the Lord considered Himself an ordinary human being
- Buddhimanta Khan collected ornaments for the Lord when He played the part of the goddess of fortune in the house of Candrasekhara Acarya. He also went to see Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu when He was staying at Jagannatha Puri
- Lord Caitanya never played before ordinary men. Only before devotees. But for you to put on such plays for devotees only is not so practical. So plays of Krishna Lila should be avoided, unless it is very gravely performed
- Lord Caitanya showed Nityananda His four-armed form, standing in a three-curved posture. With two hands He played upon a flute, and in the other two He carried a conchshell and disc
- One day while the Lord was enjoying His playful sports with the other little children, mother Saci brought a dish filled with fused rice and sweetmeats and asked the child to sit down and eat them
- One may ask that if Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Krsna Himself, then why did He need a spiritual master? Of course, He did not need a spiritual master, but because He was playing the role of acarya (one who teaches by example), He accepted a spiritual master
- The Lord would cry, "O My Lord Krsna, My life and soul! O son of Maharaja Nanda, where shall I go? Where shall I attain You? O Supreme Personality who play with Your flute to Your mouth"
- The twenty-ninth branch was Sridhara, a trader in banana-tree bark. He was a very dear servant of the Lord. On many occasions, the Lord played jokes on him
- Whatever He (Lord Caitanya) does, whatever He speaks, that is sastra. But still, because He's playing the part of acarya, He immediately gives Vedic evidences. That is the way of acarya
- When He (Nimai) was a mere baby crawling in the yard, one day a snake appeared before Him, and the Lord began to play with it. All the members of the house were struck with fear and awe, but after a little while the snake went away
- Who can properly describe all the uncommon pastimes of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu? They are all simply His play