Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Mother"
The following 48 pages are in this category, out of 48 total.
- A mother is not offended by her mad son, and knowing this, My mother is not offended by Me
- After eating the food, the Lord says, 'Today Mother has fed Me up to My neck'
- After leaving Kuliya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visited the house of Advaita Acarya at Santipura. It was there that the Lord's mother, Sacimata, met Him and was thus relieved of her great unhappiness
- As soon as mother Saci appeared on the scene, Caitanya Mahaprabhu fell before her like a stick. Mother Saci began to cry, taking the Lord on her lap
- At the house of Advaita Prabhu, He met His mother as well as all the devotees from Mayapura. He adjusted everything and then went to Jagannatha Puri
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu had both a good mother and pleasing wife, and He was very happy at home. Nonetheless, for the benefit of the whole human race, He took sannyasa and left both His mother and wife
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu used to give to His mother some gold when there was need of money. "Mother, I got this gold. So you can utilize it." The mother would think that "We are poor men. We have no gold. Wherefrom this boy brings gold?"
- Clasping the feet of His mother, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu very humbly requested her permission. Thus she gave Him leave to go to Vrndavana
- Following the order of Paramananda Puri, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sent His mother the prasada clothing left by Lord Jagannatha after His pastimes as a cowherd boy
- Friends and relatives came there to pacify Lord Caitanya and His mother. Then Lord Caitanya, even though He was the Supreme Personality of Godhead, executed the rituals for His dead father according to the Vedic system
- I am subordinate to the love of My mother, and it is My duty to serve her in return. Instead of doing so, I have accepted the renounced order. Certainly this is the act of a madman
- I go there and eat the food My mother offers, but she cannot understand that I am eating it directly. She thinks that this is a dream
- I had no business in accepting the renounced order and sacrificing My love for My mother, which is My real property. Actually I was in a crazy state of mind when I accepted sannyasa
- I have given up the service of My mother and have accepted the sannyasa order. Actually I should not have done this, for by so doing I have destroyed My religious principles
- I see no one but you to protect her, for you are so careful that you can caution even Me
- I shall go to Vrndavana through Bengal and see both My mother and the river Ganges. Now would you two be pleased to give Me permission
- In Bengal I have two shelters - My mother and the river Ganges. Both of them are very merciful
- It was My decision to go to Vrndavana through Bengal in order to see My mother and the river Ganges
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu officially renounced this illusion at the age of twenty-four, although His wife was sixteen and His mother seventy and He was the only male in the family
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu taught His mother about absolute knowledge. Although amazed by this, His mother forced Him to take a bath
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as the supreme spiritual master, instructed His mother about the Mayavada philosophy. By saying that the body is dirt and eatables are also dirt, He implied that everything is maya
- Lord Caitanya saw that His mother was overwhelmed with grief because of Laksmidevi's death. Therefore at her request He later married His second wife, Visnupriya-devi
- Mother Saci continued, "After accepting the renounced order, Visvarupa never again gave me audience. If You do like Him, that will certainly be the death of me"
- My dear friends, as long as I remain manifest, I shall never give you up. Nor shall I be able to give up My mother
- My mother was thinking, 'Nimai is not here. Who will accept all this food?' As she meditated upon Me in this way, her eyes filled with tears
- She requested Him to make Jagannatha Puri, Nilacala, His headquarters. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu granted His mother's request and, followed by Nityananda, Mukunda, Jagadananda and Damodara, left Santipura
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the topmost gem of all devotees of mothers. He rendered service to His mother even after He had accepted the vow of sannyasa
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please pacify all the devotees and My mother. If You become agitated, no one will be able to continue to exist"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Jagadananda Pandita, "Go to Nadia and offer My obeisances to My mother. Touch her lotus feet in My name"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu very carefully brought first-class prasadam from Lord Jagannatha and sent it in separate packages to His mother (Sacimata) and the devotees at Nadia
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was greatly satisfied to see this. Accepting them as His father and mother, He offered them obeisances
- Take this prasadam of Lord Jagannatha's and this cloth and deliver them to My mother, Sacidevi. After offering her obeisances, please request her to excuse My offenses
- Taking permission from His mother, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu then started for Jagannatha Puri. When the devotees followed Him, He humbly begged them to remain and bade them all farewell
- Taking this opportunity, Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu sent for mother Sacidevi, and she remained at His house for seven days to prepare the meals for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- The baby Lord (Caitanya) appeared before the fortunate brahmana and disclosed His identity as Krsna Himself. The brahmana was forbidden to disclose this incident, and the baby returned to the lap of His mother
- The Lord said, "My dear friend Damodara, you had better go to Nadia and stay with My mother"
- The Lord's favorite vegetables were cooked by Malinidevi, the wife of Srivasa Thakura. She devotedly considered herself a maidservant of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but in affection she was just like a mother
- Thus, I, Krsnadasa, the servant of Srila Rupa Gosvami, have sung of four divisions of the Lord's pastimes in this chapter: the Lord's devotion to His mother, His words of madness, His rubbing His face against the walls at night
- When Caitanya took sannyasa, so mother became very much upset: "Oh, that I have no husband, and this boy is going to take sannyasa." Naturally. But that is a different case. For Krsna's sake, we can forsake our obligatory duties
- When everything was arranged, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu circumambulated His mother and then started for Jagannatha Puri. In the house of Advaita Acarya there arose tumultuous crying
- When mother Saci was thus overwhelmed in maternal love for Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, she became transformed with happiness, fear and humility, as well as bodily symptoms
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu saw His mother's great eagerness, He became a little agitated. He therefore assembled all the devotees present and spoke to them