Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Caitanya's Laying Down
Pages in category "Caitanya's Laying Down"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- After asking Govinda to put aside the quilt and pillow, the Lord lay down on the dry plantain bark
- After half the night had passed in this way, Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami made Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lie down on His bed in the inner room
- After searching for some time, they came upon Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lying in a corner by the northern side of the Simha-dvara gate
- After searching here and there, they finally came to the cow shed near the Simha-dvara. There they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lying unconscious among the cows
- After the Lord was made to lie down, Ramananda Raya returned home, and Svarupa Damodara and Govinda lay down at the door of the Gambhira
- After they fed Him lunch, they made Him lie down. Then all the devotees, headed by Ramananda Raya, returned to their respective homes
- After this, Advaita Acarya made the Lords wash Their hands and mouths. He then took Them to a nice bed and made Them lie down to take rest
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lamented in this way, half the night passed. Then Svarupa Damodara made the Lord lie down in the room known as the Gambhira
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lay on the raised platform with His eyes closed in ecstatic love and emotion, the King very expertly began to massage His legs
- As the Lord lay there unconscious, His body resembled a large pumpkin. Externally He was completely inert, but within He felt overwhelming transcendental bliss
- I am in the renounced order, and therefore I must lie on the floor. For Me to use a bedstead, quilt or pillow would be very shameful
- In His first childhood pastimes the Lord turned upside down while lying on His bed, and thus He showed His parents the marks of His lotus feet
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed half the night experiencing varieties of emotions. Finally, after making the Lord lie down on His bed, Svarupa Damodara and Ramananda Raya returned to their homes
- It was a steady, long-standing rule that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would lie down to rest after lunch and Govinda would come to massage His legs. Then Govinda would honor the remnants of food left by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lay down at the door of the Gambhira, and Govinda came there to massage His legs
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "You might as well bring a bedstead here for Me to lie on. Jagadananda wants Me to enjoy material happiness"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was lying unconscious, and His body had become elongated to five or six cubits. There was no breath from His nostrils
- The devotees removed His wet undergarment and replaced it with a dry one. Then, laying the Lord on an outer cloth, they cleaned the sand from His body
- The Lord was lying on the ground, His body elongated and bleached white by the water. He was covered from head to foot with sand
- This time when the Lord lay down, He occupied the entire doorway. Govinda could not enter the room, and therefore he made the following request