Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Pages in category "Caitanya's Forbidding"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- I would like to forbid you to do this, but I enjoy your company so much that My desire for your association only increases
- Indeed, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has forbidden devotees to associate even with ordinary men who are too addicted to material sense gratification
- It was the desire of Murari Gupta to leave his body before the disappearance of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but the Lord forbade him to do so. This is described in the Caitanya-bhagavata, Madhya-khanda, Chapter Twenty
- Sanatana Gosvami concluded, "Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who knows everything - past, present and future - has forbidden me to commit suicide." He then fell down, touching the lotus feet of the Lord, and spoke to Him as follows
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu dared not forbid him to feed Him more. He just continued eating, fearful that Jagadananda would fast if He stopped
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has therefore strictly forbidden us to associate with Mayavadi philosophers. Mayavadi-bhasya sunile haya sarva-nasa: if one associates with the Mayavada philosophy, his devotional life is doomed
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then told Sanatana Gosvami about proper renunciation according to a particular situation, and the Lord forbade dry renunciation and speculative knowledge in all respects
- What great offense has Junior Haridasa committed? Why has he been forbidden to come to Your door? He has now been fasting for three days
- When he was about to return to Bengal, the Lord told him, "Forbid the devotees of Bengal to come to Jagannatha Puri this year"
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started for Mathura, all three devotees started to go with Him. But the Lord forbade them to accompany Him, and from a distance He asked them to return home
- With great care Caitanya Mahaprabhu forbade the Orissan devotees to follow Him. Then, accompanied by His personal associates, He first went to Bhavanipura