Pages in category "Caitanya's Eyes"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to recite the same verse again and again. Both the King and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu were trembling, and tears were flowing from their eyes
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lay on the raised platform with His eyes closed in ecstatic love and emotion, the King very expertly began to massage His legs
- As usual, there were transcendental blissful symptoms in Caitanya Mahaprabhu's body. He perspired and trembled, and a constant flow of tears fell from His eyes. But the Lord checked these tears so they would not disturb His seeing the face of the Lord
- As usual, when Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced, there were perspiration, trembling, fading, tears, jubilation and roaring. Indeed, the tears from His eyes washed His body and those before Him
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu could not recite the whole verse. He simply said, "Ayi dina! Ayi dina!" repeatedly. Thus He could not speak, and profuse tears were in His eyes
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu prays in His Siksastaka: O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Where has My Krsna gone? I saw Him just now, and His beauty has captivated My eyes and mind"
- Caitanya's eyes have been compared to thirsty bumblebees & Sri Jagannatha's eyes have been compared to blossoming lotus flowers. The author has made these comparisons to describe Caitanya while the Lord was deeply absorbed in ecstatic love for Jagannatha
- He (Caitanya) prays in His Siksastaka (7): O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence
- He has arms that extend to His knees, and His eyes are like the petals of a lotus. In His person are all the transcendental symptoms of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- His (Lord Caitanya's) arms are long enough to reach His knees, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, His nose is like a sesame flower, and His face is as beautiful as the moon
- His arms and legs had entered the trunk of His body, exactly like those of a tortoise. His mouth was foaming, there were eruptions on His body, and tears flowed from His eyes
- His arms are long enough to reach His knees, His eyes are just like lotus flowers, His nose is like a sesame flower, and His face is as beautiful as the moon
- His eyes and mind fully absorbed in Lord Jagannatha, Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to play the drama of the song with His two arms
- His tongue is always chanting the holy name of Krsna, and from His eyes tears incessantly fall like the flowing Ganges
- In My agitation, a day never ends, for every moment seems like a millennium. Pouring incessant tears, My eyes are like clouds in the rainy season
- In the attitude of Radharani, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu addressed the gopis, "My dear friends, where is that Krsna, Cupid personified, who has the effulgence of a kadamba flower, who is sweetness itself, the nectar of My eyes and mind"
- My (Caitanya's) eyes, My mind, My religious activities and My acceptance of the sannyasa order have now all become perfect because today Madhavendra Puri is manifest before Me in the form of Paramananda Puri
- My dear friend, please tell Me what I should do. Krsna is as attractive as a wonderful cloud, and My eyes are just like cataka birds, which are dying of thirst because they do not see such a cloud
- My dear Lord, when will My eyes be beautified by filling with tears that constantly glide down as I chant Your holy name? When will My voice falter and all the hairs on My body stand erect in transcendental happiness as I chant Your holy name?
- My Lord Govinda, because of separation from You, I consider even a moment a great millennium. Tears flow from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I see the entire world as void
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "In His pastimes, Krsna displayed the two ornaments of hyperbole and reverse analogy. Tasting them brought gladness to My mind and fully satisfied My ears and eyes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down on the ground and began to mark it with His fingernails. He was blinded by tears, which flowed from His eyes like the Ganges
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then began to talk like this, "Is He the same person, personified sweetness, who is the pleasure of My eyes and mind, who is My life and soul? Has Krsna actually come before My eyes"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very thirsty to see the Lord, and His eyes became like two bumblebees drinking the honey from the lotuslike eyes of Lord Jagannatha, who is Krsna Himself
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu washed the bodies of all the devotees with the tears from His eyes. The tears poured like the rains in the month of Sravana
- Sri Krsna’s beauty attracted the eyes of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Krsna’s singing and the vibration of His flute attracted the Lord’s ears, the transcendental fragrance of Krsna’s lotus feet attracted His nostrils
- Srila Ramananda Raya then saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to be as brilliant as a hundred suns. The Lord was covered by a saffron garment. He was large in body and very strongly built, and His eyes were like lotus petals
- Taking My words as defamation, Lord Krsna has left Me. I know that He is gone, but kindly hear My prayers in praise: 'You are the satisfaction of My eyes. You are My wealth and My life. Alas, please give Me your audience once again'
- Tears are flowing from My eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence. This is the perfectional stage of chanting
- Tears came forcefully from the eyes of the Lord, as if from a syringe, and all the people surrounding Him became wet
- Tears fell from His eyes, and His whole body trembled. His bodily hairs stood on end, He perspired heavily, and His words faltered. Sometimes He stood, and sometimes He fell. And sometimes He cried
- That ghost has taken the form of a corpse, but He keeps his eyes open. Sometimes He utters the sounds 'gon-gon,' and sometimes He remains unconscious
- The cloud of Krsna's pastimes is drenching the fourteen worlds with a shower of nectar. Unfortunately, when that cloud appeared, a whirlwind arose and blew it away. Being unable to see the cloud, the cataka bird of My eyes is almost dead from thirst
- The devotees saw that both Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Gopala were brilliantly effulgent and had eyes like lotuses. They were both absorbed in ecstasy, and both Their faces resembled full moons
- The doorkeeper said, "Just see! Here is the best of the Personalities of Godhead. From here You may see the Lord to the full satisfaction of Your eyes"
- The five large parts (of a great personality - Lord Caitanya) are the nose, arms, chin, eyes and knees. The five fine parts are the skin, fingertips, teeth, hair on the body and hair on the head
- The Lord (Caitanya Mahaprabhu), with His beautiful eyes, would cry, but He would stop immediately upon hearing the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- The Lord would put the stone to His heart or sometimes to His eyes. Sometimes He would smell it with His nose and sometimes place it on His head.
- The Lord's eyes filled and overflowed with unlimited tears, like the Ganges and Yamuna meeting in the sea
- The seven reddish parts (of a great personality) are the eyes, soles, palms, palate, nails and upper and lower lips. The six raised parts are the chest, shoulders, nails, nose, waist and mouth. The three small parts are the neck, thighs and male organ
- The stone from Govardhana was always moist with tears from His eyes. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu would say, "This stone is directly the body of Lord Krsna"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has assumed a golden complexion and has become the soul of the body named Lord Jagannatha, whose blooming lotus eyes are widely expanded
- The tears from the eyes of the Lord came out with great force, like water from a syringe. Indeed, all the people who surrounded Him were moistened by His tears
- They almost died when they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with His mouth full of saliva and foam and His eyes turned upward
- Thus He would be completely overwhelmed by ecstatic love of Krsna and begin to chant the holy name and dance. His tongue worked incessantly as He chanted, 'Krsna! Krsna!' Will He again become visible before the path of my eyes
- To Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu the prasadam tasted millions upon millions of times better than nectar, and thus He was fully satisfied. The hair all over His body stood on end, and incessant tears flowed from His eyes
- Water flowed from His eyes and sometimes through His nostrils, and foam fell from His mouth. These flowings appeared to be torrents of nectar descending from the moon
- When Caitanya heard the holy name of Lord Nrsimha He became angry like Him. His eyes became red, His bodily hairs stood on end, all the parts of His body trembled, and He made a thundering sound
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard Vasudeva Datta's statement, His heart became very soft. Tears flowed from His eyes, and He began to tremble. In a faltering voice He spoke as follows
- Why can't I again see Krsna holding His flute to His lips? My eyes are wandering in hopes of seeing Him once more